You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-10 16:42:28

pozric

SOLVED similar cmd in debian: makepg --nobuild and makepkg --noextract

Hello is there similar commands in Debian like the Archlinux ones makepg --nobuild and makepg --noextract. All I can find is checkinstall --install=no make, that's supposed be similar but I really don't understand it properly. I'm reading tutorials how to build packages in Debian but its not so easy. I just want to edit this file ossusb_audio.c, like this.
From the archwiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/OS … und_Output

Extract it
    cd into the folder
    run makepkg --nobuild
    cd to src/kernel/drv/oss_usb/ and edit ossusb_audio.c: add a return 1;.
        should look like so:

ossusb_audio.c

static int
write_control_value (ossusb_devc * devc, udi_endpoint_handle_t * endpoint,
                     int ctl, int l, unsigned int v)
{
     return 1;

cd to src/kernel/setup and edit srcconf_linux.inc, search for -Werror and remove it, otherwise OSS will not compile.
    do makepkg --noextract

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by twoion (2020-11-10 22:13:42)

#2 2020-11-10 18:16:02

twoion
ほやほや

Re: SOLVED similar cmd in debian: makepg --nobuild and makepkg --noextract

The author of the article downloads the source code of a package (defined by the AUR PKGBUILD), patches it, and then builds the changed source code using the definition that is already in the PKGBUILD. Apart from the fact that this is not stable (the author should include a .patch to be applied to the source in the PKGBUILD), the way how to do this on Debian would be:

- get the source code of the package. This seems to be only available for Debian Unstable.

- modify the sourc

- build the debian package.

# get the source
git clone git@salsa.debian.org:debian/oss4.git
# modify the source
# ???
# build the source, including the changes:
dpkg-buildpackage -ns -nc -b # in the directory containing the `debian` directory, you need to have all build-deps installed.

The .deb packages then should be a folder up.

Per aspera ad astra.

#3 2020-11-10 18:56:30

pozric

Thanks for helping twoion, so I can just manually edit that specific file and build it, do I have to create a patch using diff command, that's whats confuses me. Ive patched it with different patches so it will work for the newer kernels thanks to the guys who writes these patches over at the arch site and sourceforge site etc. It builds and works but to get the usb sound card to work I have to edit that file and rebuild it. It some kind of workaround.

#4 2020-11-10 21:49:00

pozric

Thanks twoion for your help, now I know the dpkg-buildpackage command , I used make and sudo make deb and sudo dpkg -i oss*.deb from other tutorials. I made the patch and with other patches for the kernel and other stuff from archlinux site it builds and works , editing that file ossusb_audio.c and adding return;1 make the usb to work. You can close this and I think I have another post that too. Thanks.

#5 2020-11-10 22:14:28

twoion
ほやほや

No problem. Of course it's convenient if the Makefile has a deb file target built in already. Edited the topic to "solved".

Per aspera ad astra.

#6 2020-11-16 18:11:05

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...

How did the package build go for you and did you get OSS to work on your system successfully?

Real Men Use Linux

Board footer