You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-28 20:39:32

serialschoenberg

[SOLVED] HDMI & external screen

Hello,

The Lenovo laptop I use has no VGA output. So I need to connect an external screen via HDMI.

This connection works at boot - so I can enter the password. But when this is donne, the connection interrupts.

What is to do? tests,commands ...

Thanks

rb

PS: I need an external screen; I am very myopic.

Last edited by serialschoenberg (2020-11-01 09:50:09)

#2 2020-10-28 21:03:24

rbh

Re: [SOLVED] HDMI & external screen

serialschoenberg wrote:

The Lenovo laptop I use has no VGA output. So I need to connect an external screen via HDMI.

This connection works at boot - so I can enter the password. But when this is donne, the connection interrupts.

You can not see the laptop screen and set screen preferences with ARandR screen Layout editor (command arandr or menu => Preferences => Display => ARandR screen Layout editor? Save the screen seting script and cal it from autostart.

Maybe you can take help from someone?

// Regards rbh

#3 2020-10-29 05:39:29

phuturism

rbh wrote:
serialschoenberg wrote:

You can not see the laptop screen and set screen preferences with ARandR screen Layout editor (command arandr or menu => Preferences => Display => ARandR screen Layout editor? Save the screen seting script and cal it from autostart.

Maybe you can take help from someone?

i remember a similar problem a few years back when I had a laptop with no working screen, so had to connect external monitor and guess my way through various screens until I had it set up, but can't remember my process. 

Yeah would suggest in this case use a magnifying glass on the laptop screen, or get a friend to help, until the arandr is setup up to auto display on the exernal monitor.

L I N U X  -  M O T O R B I K E S  -  B O O K S  -  T R A V E L  -  A S I A

#4 2020-11-01 09:47:28

serialschoenberg

The solution is given by the Linux UG Strasbourg:

xrandr --output HDMI-1 --auto

I can use simultaneously (with mouse) the screen of the laptap and an external screen.

#5 2020-11-01 13:13:55

phuturism

serialschoenberg wrote:

The solution is given by the Linux UG Strasbourg:

xrandr --output HDMI-1 --auto

I can use simultaneously (with mouse) the screen of the laptap and an external screen.

Great!

L I N U X  -  M O T O R B I K E S  -  B O O K S  -  T R A V E L  -  A S I A

Board footer