You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-05 18:47:20

JasonMehmel

Screen ghosting on a Lithium live from USB experience

Hi all,

Alongside my project to see if I can skin Ubuntu for a BunsenLabs experience, I also thought I'd see if I could get Lithium working on my machine.

A few years ago, Bunsen and Debian weren't at a place where there was easy support for wifi, multiple screens, sound, and other peripherals, at least for this machine specifically.

I decided to try again, and downloaded the current Lithium a few weeks ago. I tried booting off a live USB last night, and pretty much everything worked! Wifi, sound, my peripherals...

When I used AandR to add the extra screen (a VGA screen attached via a VGA to mini-HDMI jack on the laptop,) that seemed to work, the VGA screen seemed fine!

But on the main or laptop screen, I was getting some screen ghosting or artifacting. Not sure of the correct term. Basically, the window was doing some weird stuff. Interesting to me that this is happening on the laptop screen and not the newly attached one.

(Also, this effect WAS NOT happening when I was only using the laptop screen.)

This might be the only problem with installing BunsenLabs directly. Any thoughts about fixes, or some commands I could use to troubleshoot?

screenshot of the glitch

(Link to screenshot since the img tag isn't working, at least as I see the post: https://imgur.com/a/gpmJut6)

Last edited by JasonMehmel (2020-10-05 18:49:19)

Fortune favours the bold.
A BL-hopeful
Asus Zenbook UX330

#2 2020-10-05 20:03:46

rbh

Re: Screen ghosting on a Lithium live from USB experience

Did you try to disable compositing?

// Regards rbh

#3 2020-10-05 20:06:06

JasonMehmel

Re: Screen ghosting on a Lithium live from USB experience

I didn't try that! I will give it a try soon.

Fortune favours the bold.
A BL-hopeful
Asus Zenbook UX330

Board footer