You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-21 14:03:31

deadface

[Solved] What package owns /etc/lsb-release?

Hi All

I am trying to install the unifi controller on Lithium (had it running on Hydrogen) using these instructions:

Unifi on Debian 10

I am running into trouble with this step:

add-apt-repository --yes https://adoptopenjdk.jfrog.io/adoptopenjdk/deb/
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/add-apt-repository", line 95, in <module>
    sp = SoftwareProperties(options=options)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 109, in __init__
    self.reload_sourceslist()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 599, in reload_sourceslist
    self.distro.get_sources(self.sourceslist)    
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aptsources/distro.py", line 93, in get_sources
    (self.id, self.codename))
aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template for Bunsenlabs/buster

Checking around using google seems to indicated that this is related to /etc/lsb-release, which appears to be missing on my fresh install.  Which package creates /etc/lsb-release?

Thanks

Last edited by deadface (2020-08-21 18:49:57)

#2 2020-08-21 14:34:11

rbh

Re: [Solved] What package owns /etc/lsb-release?

deadface wrote:

I am trying to install the unifi controller on Lithium (had it running on Hydrogen) using these instructions:

Unifi on Debian 10

I am running into trouble with this step:

add-apt-repository --yes https://adoptopenjdk.jfrog.io/adoptopenjdk/deb/

Your problem is the command "add-apt-repository" which fails to add wanted repository to your source list.

so, you have to do it manually. Note, to edit source files, you need root priviliges.

Edit /etc/apt/sources.list or create a new file: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/adoptopenjdk.list.

Add the line:
deb https://adoptopenjdk.jfrog.io/adoptopenjdk/deb/ stretch main

Note, that the manager of the repository has not updatet repo for buster (Debian 10). Keep watch, for their coming update.

// Regards rbh

#3 2020-08-21 17:08:43

rbh

Package add-apt-repository, which is provided by the package software-properties-common, seems buggy.

It says "could not find a distribution template for Bunsenlabs/buster", but there is BL templates in /usr/share/python-apt/templates.

But, it is just as easy to manualy edit sources.

// Regards rbh

#4 2020-08-21 18:11:27

deadface

As always, this forum is the best.   I feel that I should have dug deeper and figured that out myself.  But thanks anyways!

EDIT:
Just to complete the post, unifi controller is up and running using the instructions with the manual edit.

Last edited by deadface (2020-08-22 16:03:07)

Board footer