You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-22 14:18:13

darkl0ud

Screen Tearing Issue

Hello all! I haven't used this laptop in quite a while (Acer Chromebook 15) and so I decided to do a fresh reinstall of BL. I completely forgot about the screen tearing issue that I have on a fresh install and I used to use the page 'Broadwell and Beyond' to rectify this issue, however I cannot seem to find the page anymore.

So what is the best way to get the current drivers installed for my laptop? Any way I can fix the screen tearing as well?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

#2 2020-05-22 14:49:00

manyroads
Website

Re: Screen Tearing Issue

Try using a different compositor like compton or xfcompmgr or simply something other than what you have....

Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau (manyroads)
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."    ---H. L. Mencken
Reg. Linux User #449130

#3 2020-05-22 14:55:03

darkl0ud

I am very new to linux at this point, how would I see what compositor I currently have and how do I switch it?    Thanks for the response!

#4 2020-05-22 14:57:18

damo
....moderator....

darkl0ud wrote:

Hello all! I haven't used this laptop in quite a while (Acer Chromebook 15) and so I decided to do a fresh reinstall of BL. I completely forgot about the screen tearing issue that I have on a fresh install and I used to use the page 'Broadwell and Beyond' to rectify this issue, however I cannot seem to find the page anymore.

So what is the best way to get the current drivers installed for my laptop? Any way I can fix the screen tearing as well?

This is the link I think you are referring to? New Intel graphics cards & BunsenLabs

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#5 2020-05-22 15:06:24

darkl0ud

damo wrote:
darkl0ud wrote:

This is the link I think you are referring to? New Intel graphics cards & BunsenLabs

Oh yes! That is it! I guess the name changed. Is that still viable in BL's current release? Should I try it? Just don't want to break my install. XD

EDIT: I went ahead and tried it, but the screen tearing still remains. sad

EDIT AGAIN: Fixed! Just followed the directions here:
https://www.pcsuggest.com/fix-linux-screen-tearing/

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by darkl0ud (2020-05-22 15:27:50)

Board footer