8cef95d77bd301e7b2cc64a9e1815d83.png

#2 2020-02-28 08:02:43

kiko

Re: Peperflash chromium

fa30112bfb56cc5af778d4494bea650c.png

#3 2020-02-28 08:11:04

rbh

Yes, it is known: New Firefox cannot use PPAPI flash.
If you had read the forumr rules, you would have read thay you first shall search the forum.

Forum rules also advice aginst osting full images.

// Regards rbh

#4 2020-02-28 11:45:27

clusterF

Follow this wiki from debian to install regular adobe flashplayer. I did the manual install and it worked fine.

https://wiki.debian.org/FlashPlayer

Chromium

1. Download the latest Adobe Flash Player for Linux from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

On 64bit systems, it should be: flash_player_ppapi_linux.x86_64.tar.gz
    On 32bit systems, it should be: flash_player_ppapi_linux.i386.tar.gz

2. Unpack the tar.gz file: tar -xzf flash_player_ppapi_linux*.tar.gz

3. Copy libpepflashplayer.so to the appropriate lib directory: sudo cp libflashplayer.so <browserpluginlocation>

Example: sudo cp flash/libflashplayer.so /usr/local/lib

4. Check the version of the flash plugin from the manifest.json file

Example: grep version flash/manifest.json

"version": "31.0.0.153",

5. Restart Chromium with parameters of flash plugin location and version: chromium --ppapi--flash-path=<browserpluginname> --ppapi-flash-version=<browserpluginversion>

Example: chromium --ppapi-flash-path=/usr/local/lib/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=31.0.0.153

Last edited by clusterF (2020-02-28 11:50:18)

#5 2020-02-28 15:46:04

damo
....moderator....

@kiko - your recent posts indicate that your sources aren't correct.

Make sure that you have everything shown here: Sources - sources.list and backports details

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#6 2020-02-28 15:58:06

kiko

Despite the fact that the plugin may not have downloaded, you could watch the video on YouTube in the browser.

#7 2020-02-29 02:07:46

kiko

Thank Yuo!

#8 2020-04-07 01:29:15

Runion2

I am fairly new to BunsenLabs Helium.  It was a learning curve from Linux Voyager but I liked it up to the point that it continues to error when flash player is required.  Flash player seems to be the nemesis of most operating systems but at least I have been able to get the others to accept installation.
- The problem I am having with Flash Player and/or Pepperflash is I cannot get it installed.
The original script (bl-welcome) returns an error of not finding the package.  manual attempts to install also receives error.
I can install Chrome and Chromium but the Flash does not appear for programs that needs it.
- I am about had it with this problem and ready to find some other opSys to replace this one.
This would be my last appeal to find something that will work in BL Hel.
I cannot say that this was the easiest OpSys to use, but it has good controls once you get used to them and it installs relatively easy.  But of all its concerns, the big prob for me is the Flash.
- Thank you for any ideas or help...

200406 0827

#9 2020-04-07 08:44:06

damo
....moderator....

^ Did you follow the instructions in post #4 above?

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#10 2020-04-08 10:38:43

Runion2

I am unsure, I have tried so many ways to try to get flash installed that it is now a blurr.
I actually stopped using it about a month ago but decided to give it a try again, but getting the same result.  Requires a certain version of flash.

The opening script gets an error from the bunsenlabs site so something is wrong there.
I think it said it can't find it.

installing Chromium and Chrome didn't help either.

I give credit, it is a quick opSys with a good feeling up until you need FLASH, then it comes to a dead stop.

I won't be coming back this next time.  This is too much trouble.

lxle looks appealing, might go that route if I can't get this to work.

#11 2020-04-09 01:32:24

johnraff
nullglob
Website

This is Helium, not Lithium? If so, there is a package bunsen-pepperflash which should be enough, if you install it from the Helium repository.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#12 2020-04-09 16:23:56

Runion2

I want to thank all those who tried to help me with the BUSENLABS HELIUM and LITHIUM Distros.

I wanted to try something that worked well and was easy to use.  Unfortunately both distros come with some interesting problems.  In order to help you find any kinks, I will note a couple of the concerns that I had.

Initial install - - - - - -

BusenLabs Helium installed ok but the script that was supposed to install the FLASH was not able to.  It runs through the script but returns an error due to not being able to find the file at the BusenLab source.

This loss created an incredible problem that I have been able to find a fix with other distros, BUT NOT ON HELIUM.  I spent a week or so trying to fix this problem and finally gave up.  This is a flaw that should not be there.  Other distros deliver with Flash in place, lxle for example is ready out of the box.

Where BusenLabs Helium installs out of the box, BL LITHIUM does not.  I was able to create the live DVD and USB but neither would install on any of my computers.  The problem is somewhere in or near the network script.  You see a couple comments about the network, the screen goes blank and that is where it stops.  Where BL Helium does install properly, Lithium Failed.

Now I use the FILE MANAGER almost exclusively.  But the file manager that you provide has to be the WORST of the Worst file managers out there.  That or I am not using the thing properly but its a file manager, what?  I don’t know how it can be popular in any stretch of the imagination.  I find it clumbsy at best and mostly irratic to use.  What a waste of time and would be a big turn off.

The Synaptic Package Manager seems along the lines of Debian.  I’ve used them with some good results, but I found that large packages get broken and either you have to try to resend the package again until you do get the complete package or you have to give up.  I run at least 4 and probably 6 distros in my computers and this is the only distro that has this problem.  And yes I did downloads with another distro with no problem so it aims at the BunsenLabs version as the problem.

One thing that came up, and I am not sure where its failure originates is the internet.
On BL LITHIUM, using FIREFOX I go to a site that sends addys in the messages, to refer you to other sites, and those addresses are corrupted on the BL Lithium distribution, showing those addresses as boxes with letters and numbers in them.   To check this, I grabbed my machine running lxle and brought up the site, side by side, and the addresses came up properly.  Something seems amiss on the BL Lithium side.  It can’t be firefox as I have the same version of Firefox in the lxle machine as well.

You have a very attractive desktop in both Helium and lithium, the color schemes are fabulous and the music players and video players (VLC) work well.  But I do too much work with the File Manager to deal with what you send in the package, it is bad by design and you really should think about replacing it with a good one.

I really appreciate the work  you folk have done to create this distro.  It has a lot of features that I really liked but it is not easy to manipulate settings, or I simply am not educated enough to this particular desktop. 
I am coming from VOYAGER and was going to start to move over to BL Helium, and after the FLASH  problem came up, to Lithium .  Lithium almost won me over as the flash worked from the LIVE USB.  But it would not install on the drive, this is very confusing AND, then I found that crappy File Manager, ugh.  I mean really, this Lithium version really looks nice and most of it works great, then the File Manager shows up.
I ran BL Lithium and lxle side by side and I do not have to tweek the lxle distro where I found the Helium and Lithium releases both required some knowledgable  tweeks.  The file manager in the lxle distro is much much more under control and manageable.

Thank you for the opportunity to see your hard work, the basic desktop seems very good, and I really like your on screen click menu, but there are some hiccups that need to be addressed.  At least as I see it.
I’ve tested too many distros that load from the box without the hic cups and with better file managers and working software sources.

Thats my thoughts and I am sticking with them, Peace to you and I hope your distribution is successful.

200409 1031

#13 2020-04-09 19:11:55

rbh

I just started a Helium vm, I have not configured ready. Run the bl-welcome script. Choosed to install Flash for Firefox. The script downloaded and installed pepperflash without problems.

I prefer Pcmanfm instead of Thunar. But, there is not so much difference betwen them. Sometimes, when sorting files to different directories I prefer a twin panel file manager; Krusade or Doublecmd. But, it is quite easy to ad my prefered applications.

About broken packages. Is it packages from any repository or is it only from BL repos? Did you test your internet connection when that hapened? You realy oght to report specific details of th error.

I am lucky. I have not experienced your problem.

Last edited by rbh (2020-04-09 19:12:43)

// Regards rbh

Board footer