You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-02 23:54:11

juancuyo

Inconveniences with the videoplayers

Hello good evening, in the operating system are installed 3 video players, MPV, SMPLAYER, BLPLAYER. blplayer does not play mp4 and when it does the image freezes, mpv works properly but with some videos opens huge on the screen and I can not use it, smplayer, does not open in its own window does in mpv and this is a problem, despite having configured to open as requested still opens mpv How can I correct these problems? Thank you for your help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

#2 2022-05-03 03:10:50

hhh
Colonel Robert Neville
Website

Re: Inconveniences with the videoplayers

Install VLC first. This should give you a stable media player. It should have been part of the bunsen-meta-all package or the ISO, whichever you installed (it's definitely the default player for Lithium). In a terminal, run this command (enter your password when prompted)...

sudo apt update && sudo apt install vlc

BL Media Player is a wrapper for your default media player which you can set in Debian Alternatives.

mpv is a minimal player, SMPlayer is a GUI front-end that works with mpv. We can sort that bit out after you have video running. Maybe you'll just love VLC (many do, it works OOTB 99% of the time), but report back, please.

You know, you used to be a nice guy once.

#3 2022-05-03 13:03:43

Nili
Website

Try putting those settings to mpv.conf so they'll fix huge screen you get with mpv.

fs=no                    # start in fullscreen mode by default. yes/no
geometry=50%:50%         # force starting with centered window.
keepaspect=yes           # keep or remove window aspect image. yes/no
window-maximized=no      # start player on maximized mode. yes/no 
autofit-larger=1280x720  # don't allow a new window to have a size larger than 720p of the screen size. Change to other size if needed.

How about start reading a sample config for other more detailed mpv configurations.

Fedora GNOME / Devuan XFCE
Roots heritage #!

#4 2022-05-03 15:35:25

juancuyo

Hello, good afternoon, I have copied and pasted the command in the terminal, but it responds that VLC is already installed in its latest version.  I tried to change the video output to X11Video or some other variant, but to no avail, the image freezes while the background audio continues, after a minute or two the image changes and so on.

#5 2022-05-03 18:17:59

Nili
Website

Those flags aren't for command line, they're for mpv configuration, you should put em to your mpv folder at $HOME/.config/mpv/mpv.conf

If you want to use as a command line try.

mpv yourfile.mp4 --fs=no --geometry=1280x720+320+180 --keepaspect-window=yes --window-maximized=no --autofit-larger=1280x720

Roots heritage #!

#6 2022-05-03 19:04:44

juancuyo

NILI Hello, good afternoon, In the user configuration folder is mpv.conf but there is nothing inside it. In etc/ mpv/ there are 3 conf's attached screenshot.
https://imgur.com/IudBjdg
https://imgur.com/xcFuAvu
https://imgur.com/hP9Q3j9
https://imgur.com/HPIx5Wk
https://imgur.com/COWBa65

#7 2022-05-03 19:19:52

Nili
Website

Hello juancuyo, good afternoon.
You do not have to deal with files to /etc/* Do not ever run or edit a file from Root directory, Use only your user (juan) for your personal settings.

You're allright only to the first link you posted. Make edits only to below directory.

/home/juan/.config/mpv/mpv.conf

Edit: since you said there is a file mpv.conf, just put inside again below settings.

vo=gpu                   # video driver output
fs=no                    # start in fullscreen mode by default. yes/no
geometry=50%:50%         # force starting with centered window.
keepaspect=yes           # keep or remove window aspect image. yes/no
window-maximized=no      # start player on maximized mode. yes/no 
autofit-larger=1280x720  # don't allow a new window to have a size larger than 720p of the screen size. Change to other size if needed.

Save the file and open a video to test it.

Last edited by Nili (2022-05-03 19:24:54)

Roots heritage #!

#8 2022-05-07 19:06:12

juancuyo

Hello, good afternoon, I have tried your tips but they do not work, it strikes me that in other distributions like Voyager, ubunto or mint smplayer if it reacts correctly to the configuration as well as vlc but it is not my PC on which I test the applications, I will wait for the new version of BunsenLabs and try to download it, I do not want to touch anything that my inexperience ruin the OS is fine and the above mentioned are heavy for my PC.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

#9 2022-05-08 16:45:54

Bearded_Blunder
Dodging A Bullet

hhh wrote:

It (VLC) should have been part of the bunsen-meta-all package or the ISO

Just as a point of information, it's not part of bunsen-meta-lite or the 32bit CD size iso.
It can quite legitimately not be there & need to be installed either from a terminal, synaptic, or the selected packages menu.  Though from other posts it does appear to be installed in this case.

@juancuyo
If you start vlc by typing

LC_ALL=C vlc

in a terminal & then try playing a video, is there any useful information or error in the terminal window when it plays?

Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed...
If there's an obscure or silly way to break it, but you don't know what.. Just ask me

Board footer