You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-03 22:53:23

UnlikelyGeek
New Member
Registered: 2021-11-03
Posts: 4

Bluetooth speaker no sound. Sap driver initialization failed.

Hi, I have just installed Bunsenlabs Linux on my Sony Vaio laptop (10 year old). I have had several other distro's on linux on the laptop with no issues with bluetooth. It finds the speaker and pairs with it just fine but not sound from the BT speaker.

Any feedback appreciated.

john@debian:~$ systemctl status bluetooth.service
● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Thu 2021-11-04 08:35:23 AEST; 7min ago
     Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
Main PID: 495 (bluetoothd)
   Status: "Running"
    Tasks: 1 (limit: 4616)
   Memory: 3.3M
   CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service
           └─495 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd

Nov 04 08:35:20 debian systemd[1]: Starting Bluetooth service...
Nov 04 08:35:21 debian bluetoothd[495]: Bluetooth daemon 5.50
Nov 04 08:35:23 debian systemd[1]: Started Bluetooth service.
Nov 04 08:35:23 debian bluetoothd[495]: Starting SDP server
Nov 04 08:35:24 debian bluetoothd[495]: Bluetooth management interface 1.14 initialized
Nov 04 08:35:24 debian bluetoothd[495]: Sap driver initialization failed.
Nov 04 08:35:24 debian bluetoothd[495]: sap-server: Operation not permitted (1)
Nov 04 08:36:05 debian bluetoothd[495]: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.54 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSo
Nov 04 08:36:05 debian bluetoothd[495]: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.54 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSi
lines 1-20/20 (END)

Offline

#2 2021-11-04 10:53:23

unklar
Back to the roots 1.9
From: #! BL
Registered: 2015-10-31
Posts: 1,606

Re: Bluetooth speaker no sound. Sap driver initialization failed.

A shot in the dark with a workaround from the RasberryPi forum:

Look for the line in
/etc/systemd/system/bluetooth.target.wants/bluetooth.service

ExecStart=/usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd

and change it to

ExecStart=/usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd --noplugin=sap

reboot

^I don't know if the problem is related to the bluez package in general, because here in siduction version 5.61-1 is installed and the line in question is:

ExecStart=/usr/libexec/bluetooth/bluetoothd

and there are no problems with bluetooth.   big_smile

Last edited by unklar (2021-11-04 11:02:17)

Offline

#3 2021-11-04 13:56:50

rbh
Moderator
From: Sweden/Vasterbotten/Rusfors
Registered: 2016-08-11
Posts: 1,295

Re: Bluetooth speaker no sound. Sap driver initialization failed.

UnlikelyGeek wrote:

It finds the speaker and pairs with it just fine but not sound from the BT speaker.

Does it work in the live session?
Can you connect any other bluetooth devices: mouse telephone or...

Have you configured mixer to output sound to bluetooth speaker?


// Regards rbh

Please read before requesting help: Guide to getting help,
Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop and other help topics under "Help Resources" on the BunsenLabs menu

Offline

#4 2021-11-04 20:54:32

UnlikelyGeek
New Member
Registered: 2021-11-03
Posts: 4

Re: Bluetooth speaker no sound. Sap driver initialization failed.

Yes I have tried that workaround but it makes no difference. Thank you for the suggestion.

unklar wrote:

A shot in the dark with a workaround from the RasberryPi forum:

Look for the line in
/etc/systemd/system/bluetooth.target.wants/bluetooth.service

ExecStart=/usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd

and change it to

ExecStart=/usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd --noplugin=sap

reboot

^I don't know if the problem is related to the bluez package in general, because here in siduction version 5.61-1 is installed and the line in question is:

ExecStart=/usr/libexec/bluetooth/bluetoothd

and there are no problems with bluetooth.   big_smile

Offline

#5 2021-11-04 21:08:44

UnlikelyGeek
New Member
Registered: 2021-11-03
Posts: 4

Re: Bluetooth speaker no sound. Sap driver initialization failed.

The live session doesn't install BT so I couldn't try it.

In Blueman the device connects to serial port OK and appears to be fine but in the mixer it doesn't show as a device.

Thank you for your feedback.

rbh wrote:
UnlikelyGeek wrote:

It finds the speaker and pairs with it just fine but not sound from the BT speaker.

Does it work in the live session?
Can you connect any other bluetooth devices: mouse telephone or...

Have you configured mixer to output sound to bluetooth speaker?

Offline

#6 2021-11-04 21:13:38

UnlikelyGeek
New Member
Registered: 2021-11-03
Posts: 4

Re: Bluetooth speaker no sound. Sap driver initialization failed.

I may have fixed it. I had a look at the SerialManager plugin and configured the Script to execute connection to /dev/rfcomm0. I will reboot and see if it still works.

Just rebooted and the speaker doesn't automatically reconnect to BT but it works after connecting manually. I can work with that.

Last edited by UnlikelyGeek (2021-11-04 21:22:38)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB