You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-18 09:35:20

sexynsmartjenny

firefox error

Hi, everyone:

When I started firefox using terminal, I noticed the following errors. Does this explain why my firefox is much slower than chrome?

jenny@jenny:~$ firefox
IPDL protocol error: Handler returned error code!

###!!! [Parent][DispatchAsyncMessage] Error: PLayerTransaction::Msg_ReleaseLayer Processing error: message was deserialized, but the handler returned false (indicating failure)

###!!! [Parent][DispatchAsyncMessage] Error: PLayerTransaction::Msg_ReleaseLayer Processing error: message was deserialized, but the handler returned false (indicating failure)

jenny@jenny:~$ 

Does anyone know what this error mean?

#2 2021-08-18 16:20:48

twoion
一期一会

Re: firefox error

These are not really useful as they can't be assigned to any specific problem, at least I can't. Could be dispatched by random components in the millions of lines of code of Firefox.

If you want to check whether Firefox is "technically" slower vis a vis Chrome, check about:support in Firefox and chrome://gpu in Chrome what the state of hardware acceleration is.

#3 2021-08-19 19:19:48

ohnonot
...again

Re: firefox error

A search for either error message returns this 4 year old bug report as a first result. Whether it relates to your problem, or the perceived slowness, I cannot say.

That said, FF is still somewhat slower or more resource hungry than Chrom/e/ium, but much less so than it used to be.

Give to COVAX! Here or here. (explanation)

Board footer