You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-13 00:22:56

wrobat

Automate apt updates

Hi, I have been running an 'apt-get update' script every 3 boots but now that I am running a bitcoin node, I am leaving it running. I was wondering if there is a simply way I can run a starting script to execute the update script over a period of time rather than number of boots without bogging down the computer with a do/while loop waiting for that time to happen.

Thank you.

Windows free since Crunchbang 8.10

#2 2021-07-13 06:58:49

damo
....moderator....

Re: Automate apt updates

wrobat wrote:

Hi, I have been running an 'apt-get update' script every 3 boots but now that I am running a bitcoin node, I am leaving it running. I was wondering if there is a simply way I can run a starting script to execute the update script over a period of time rather than number of boots without bogging down the computer with a do/while loop waiting for that time to happen.

Thank you.

Probably you can use a systemd timer or a cron job.

NB this should be in Help & Support wink This area is for finished scripts etc

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#3 2021-07-23 11:09:04

ohnonot
...again

Re: Automate apt updates

wrobat wrote:

Doesn't Debian provide packages that do exactly that? Sth like unattended upgrades?

Give to COVAX! Here or here. (explanation)

Board footer