You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-17 14:57:12

drtrppr

phpmyadmin, adminer

Need to do some db-management. On my win-box I'm using phpmyadmin, so I thought it would be easy to install on BL. Synaptic didn't show the package. Searching the forum I read that phmyadmin isn't available anymore.

Synaptic shows an alternative, adminer. Installed the package, but it didn't run. Googling gives me the impression I have to do some post-configuration by hand. Visiting the adminer-website shows you only have to download adminer.php and put it in the www-root. It started, worked sort of (some errors), but I don't think it's as 'mature' as phpmyadmin.

So back to phpmyadmin. On the Debian-site the package can be found within the buster-backports-repositorie. Added this one to Synaptic, found phpmyadmin-package, but installing gave a lot of messages about not installing this and that and so. Next downloaded the package from the Debian site, BL tried to install GDebipackageInstaller, errors about php-twig showed up.

So, what's the best way to go with BL? Is there some alternative? If not, do I have to put effort in adminer or phpmyadmin? Is there a way to get phpmyadmin running without a lot of effort (or do I have to stick to my win-box)?

#2 2021-07-18 11:43:55

drtrppr

Re: phpmyadmin, adminer

Installed php-twig from backports, phpmyadmin started up and was able to login, my database didn't show up though.

Googling and changing configs ended up in trying to reinstall apache, mariadb and phpyadmin, but getting in a mess I think. Can't do complete removal because of broken packages (backport?).

At the moment I can use the mysql-prompt, phpmyadmin starts but can't login (at least an auth-module is missing, I had to remove but can't get it back).

Still trying but it seems possible to get things working, it's the configuration which is the problem at the moment, i think/hope.

Board footer