You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-08 18:04:03

matt

Calendar application that works well with iCloud

Hi all,

Im looking for a nice calendar application (maybe also mail, to-do, etc), that works well with apple iCloud. What would you suggest?

Matt

#2 2021-05-08 18:10:37

twoion
ほやほや

Re: Calendar application that works well with iCloud

iCloud has unlike Gmail and Outlook.com proper CalDAV support (caldav.icloud.com) and CardDAV support (contacts.icloud.com). So what you're looking for is a client that works well with these standard protocols. Personally, I've used Kontacts + Kalendar from KDE but it's a bit rought at the edges. I suggest you install Evolution, set up CardDAV, CalDAV and if you like Email with iCloud and it should just work. After setting up the account properly with Evolution, you can also use GNOME's "stylish" Contacts and Calendar apps (gnome-calendar, gnome-contacts) which have a simpler but more tasteful interface than evolution, but use it as the engine under the hood. I think Evolution has an assistant which will autodetect iCloud when you enter an icloud.com email address, so setup should be very simple.

On Android, I can recommend davx^5 as the sync app for caldav/carddav, works really well for me.

Nassdachs

#3 2021-05-08 19:35:51

matt

I was thinking of evolution - I've installed it and will give it a go. Thanks for the suggestion.

Matt

#4 2021-05-09 07:39:10

ohnonot
...again

^ +1 for evolution, assuming twoion is correct about proper CalDAV/CardDAV support.

Give to COVAX! Here or here. (explanation)

#5 2021-05-09 18:12:30

matt

CalDAV works perfectly. The only difficult bit was finding my server url. Once I had that, all it needed was username and password.

e-mail doen't work straight away - it shows an error and seems to be a bug relating to the version of evolution available with the package manager. I haven't attempted to fix this yet.

Ive not tried CardDAV yet

Matt

Board footer