You are not logged in.

#76 2021-01-23 02:41:31

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,042
Website

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

Lithium-Cinnamon-nordic theme...

M7DHMQSt.png sMFub6Qt.png 1HYK6vqt.png

Last edited by hhh (2021-01-23 06:12:17)

Offline

#77 2021-01-23 04:04:47

cog
Developer
From: The Southwest
Registered: 2015-10-27
Posts: 591
Website

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

Cool scrots y’all.  Keep them balls in the air.

https://youtu.be/2U681cEhplM


The worst day of fishing is better than the best day at work.

Offline

#78 2021-01-23 04:08:54

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,042
Website

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

^ Ahem. That's a juggling reference and not, you know...

Scrotum.

Offline

#79 2021-01-23 06:51:06

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,042
Website

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

Right, so get it going on Openbox. Indigo...

oCLnbwct.png

Offline

#80 2021-01-23 20:12:47

sleekmason
zoom
Registered: 2018-05-22
Posts: 584

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

Jwm-1-24-21.png

Jwm, Set up basically the same as my openbox setup for now.

Jwm is a really nice window manager.  Very similar to Openbox in feel, with panel similarities to tint2.

There is only one configuration file for Jwm. Everything goes into it. Startup, menus, and a huge amount of easy customizations once you figure out the config file.

Runs extremely lean, Less than 200MB with a custom kernel here, so . . about 230MB until 5.8 comes out.

I will certainly be adding this to my own builds fairly soon (hopefully).  Still a few items to adjust.

The wallpaper is a picture of the windshield from an old truck left next to a creek. Have to drop about '2000' from the road over the course of a mile or so to get to it. One of our favorite camping spots of years past.

* Edit - in the minimal build here: https://github.com/sleekmason/Liliflux

Last edited by sleekmason (2021-01-24 01:50:56)

Offline

#81 2021-01-23 21:16:22

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,042
Website

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

^ Tron vibes there!

Indigo theme is out...

https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic … 92#p110492

Offline

#82 2021-01-23 21:47:47

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,913
Website

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

Anyone else here use Qutebrowser?

2021-01-24-10-53-47-scrot.th.png


I like my Metal like my coffee.......Black!

Offline

#83 2021-01-23 22:01:06

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,042
Website

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

^ I do not, but that is a beautiful scrot...

https://scrot.cloud/images/2021/01/24/2 … -scrot.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napier,_New_Zealand

A little chilly there for mid-summer, isn't it?

Offline

#84 2021-01-23 22:02:13

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,913
Website

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

hhh wrote:

^ I do not, but that is a beautiful scrot...

https://scrot.cloud/images/2021/01/24/2 … -scrot.png

Thanks!

I only use Qutebrowser sporadically but I do like it very much.


I like my Metal like my coffee.......Black!

Offline

#85 2021-01-23 22:05:46

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,042
Website

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

Off topic and late edit...

hhh wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napier,_New_Zealand

A little chilly there for mid-summer, isn't it?

Offline

#86 2021-01-23 22:09:36

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,913
Website

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

hhh wrote:

Off topic and late edit...

hhh wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napier,_New_Zealand

A little chilly there for mid-summer, isn't it?

I'm not sure how accurate that weather module is.  We are forecast for mid 30's today and it is well on the way.


I like my Metal like my coffee.......Black!

Offline

#87 2021-01-23 22:14:17

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,042
Website

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

Dobbie03 wrote:

We are forecast for mid 30's today and it is well on the way.

That's more like it. That's beach and/or BBQ weather. Slip and Slide, a lawn sprinkler, anything.

Offline

#88 2021-01-23 22:49:45

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,042
Website

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

Getting things back to default using BLOB and the verdict is Yes. Yeti BLOB...

riJXlzCt.png

Offline

#89 2021-01-23 22:55:04

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,913
Website

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

hhh wrote:
Dobbie03 wrote:

We are forecast for mid 30's today and it is well on the way.

That's more like it. That's beach and/or BBQ weather. Slip and Slide, a lawn sprinkler, anything.

Or drinking beer on the deck in the sun?


I like my Metal like my coffee.......Black!

Offline

#90 2021-01-23 22:55:52

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,913
Website

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

hhh wrote:

Getting things back to default using BLOB and the verdict is Yes. Yeti BLOB...

https://imgur.com/riJXlzCt.png

That is very nice indeed.


I like my Metal like my coffee.......Black!

Offline

#91 2021-01-24 00:18:28

lowrider
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 300

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

sleekmason wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/CB5DwFX9/Jwm-1-24-21.png

Jwm, Set up basically the same as my openbox setup for now.

Jwm is a really nice window manager.  Very similar to Openbox in feel, with panel similarities to tint2.

There is only one configuration file for Jwm. Everything goes into it. Startup, menus, and a huge amount of easy customizations once you figure out the config file.

Runs extremely lean, Less than 200MB with a custom kernel here, so . . about 230MB until 5.8 comes out.

I will certainly be adding this to my own builds fairly soon (hopefully).  Still a few items to adjust.

The wallpaper is a picture of the windshield from an old truck left next to a creek. Have to drop about '2000' from the road over the course of a mile or so to get to it. One of our favorite camping spots of years past.

Yes i like JWM alot for a floater but one thing drives me crazy. I for xxx sake failed miserably to put that panel on top of the screen. A dealbraker for me. You know howto?

Offline

#92 2021-01-24 01:05:51

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 1,428

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

lowrider wrote:

Yes i like JWM alot for a floater but one thing drives me crazy. I for xxx sake failed miserably to put that panel on top of the screen. A dealbraker for me. You know howto?

You want the halign and valign options for the tray (panel).

I think this will put the tray at the top:

<!-- Tray at top. -->
    <Tray x="0" y="0" autohide="off" delay="1000" halign="fixed" valign="top">
 
    -- rest of tray configuration
 
 </Tray>

Fvwm3 with BL Indigo theme

2021-01-23-07-46-17.png

link to fvwm3 image

@hhh - nice theme.

Last edited by PackRat (2021-01-24 01:09:29)


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

#93 2021-01-24 01:28:29

sleekmason
zoom
Registered: 2018-05-22
Posts: 584

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

lowrider wrote:
sleekmason wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/CB5DwFX9/Jwm-1-24-21.png

Jwm, Set up basically the same as my openbox setup for now.

Jwm is a really nice window manager.  Very similar to Openbox in feel, with panel similarities to tint2.

There is only one configuration file for Jwm. Everything goes into it. Startup, menus, and a huge amount of easy customizations once you figure out the config file.

Runs extremely lean, Less than 200MB with a custom kernel here, so . . about 230MB until 5.8 comes out.

I will certainly be adding this to my own builds fairly soon (hopefully).  Still a few items to adjust.

The wallpaper is a picture of the windshield from an old truck left next to a creek. Have to drop about '2000' from the road over the course of a mile or so to get to it. One of our favorite camping spots of years past.

Yes i like JWM alot for a floater but one thing drives me crazy. I for xxx sake failed miserably to put that panel on top of the screen. A dealbraker for me. You know howto?

Yes!  They make it kind of obscure to be sure.  The man page hints at placing "top" in the autohide field, but really it's just a Geometry switch from -1 to one:
Changing
 

 <Tray x="0" y="-1" height="24" autohide="Off">

to:
   

<Tray x="0" y="1" height="24" autohide="Off">

Will do the trick.

Jwm-top-1-23-21.png

Offline

#94 2021-01-24 01:31:31

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 1,428

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

^ nice.
Looks like they may have made some changes but didn't update their configuration how to page.


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

#95 2021-01-24 08:44:26

ohnonot
...again
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 5,534

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

sleekmason wrote:

Jwm is a really nice window manager.  Very similar to Openbox in feel, with panel similarities to tint2.

Only on the surface.
I found that JWM has none of the manual (keyboard-driven) tiling, window placement, resizing and moving abilities that openbox has. Prove me wrong!


Give to COVAX! Here or here. (explanation)

Offline

#96 2021-01-24 10:10:10

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,042
Website

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

2OhU7LZt.png

Wait, what?

Offline

#97 2021-01-24 12:22:05

sleekmason
zoom
Registered: 2018-05-22
Posts: 584

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

ohnonot wrote:
sleekmason wrote:

Jwm is a really nice window manager.  Very similar to Openbox in feel, with panel similarities to tint2.

Only on the surface.
I found that JWM has none of the manual (keyboard-driven) tiling, window placement, resizing and moving abilities that openbox has. Prove me wrong!

Ha! Wish I could! smile

I never use 90% of the keybinds myself, and use winfuncs for tidying up my screen while working.
Here's my normal state of affairs while working, lol.
Normal-state.png
Winfuncs cascade cleans it up! (lower left panel button.)
Cascade.png

In any event, I think a proper layout could be achieved. Here are the existing keybinds as copied from the example script:

   <!-- Key bindings -->
    <Key key="Up">up</Key>
    <Key key="Down">down</Key>
    <Key key="Right">right</Key>
    <Key key="Left">left</Key>
    <Key key="h">left</Key>
    <Key key="j">down</Key>
    <Key key="k">up</Key>
    <Key key="l">right</Key>
    <Key key="Return">select</Key>
    <Key key="Escape">escape</Key>

    <Key mask="A" key="Tab">nextstacked</Key>
    <Key mask="A" key="F4">close</Key>
    <Key mask="A" key="#">desktop#</Key>
<!--    <Key mask="A" key="F1">root:1</Key> -->
    <Key mask="A" key="d">window</Key>
    <Key mask="A" key="F10">maximize</Key>
    <Key mask="A" key="Right">rdesktop</Key>
    <Key mask="A" key="Left">ldesktop</Key>
    <Key mask="A" key="Up">udesktop</Key>
    <Key mask="A" key="Down">ddesktop</Key>
    
    <!-- Lilidog key bindings. -->
<Key mask="A" key="F2">exec:~/.config/dmenu/dmenu</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F3">exec:~/.config/dmenu/apps</Key>    
<Key mask="A" key="F5">exec:rofi -modi run -show run</Key>

</JWM>

And you can add a "send to" entry to the menu, so, maybe no problem to create the rest (mostly)needed? xdotool?
Not my forte to be sure.  I only ever use two desktops, and the mess actually keeps me focused:)
A side note that's pretty neat for Jwm is the check for the config file.

jwm -p

after making changes checks for config file errors. Very handy. JWM has been added to my minimal build as an option as well.  most of the wm's are super light, under 1MB.

Offline

#98 2021-01-24 14:59:54

doxanthropos
Member
Registered: 2016-01-26
Posts: 32
Website

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

Not really a new look (I rarely have, because I like boring), but a "new" laptop that got it's first BL installation (as far as I know).
5JkqwXVt.png
Just a standard BL with i3 (no gaps or other fancy stuff).
I really like how doing a new install leads me to have a look at what changed since the last time and to see the amount of work that gets done by the BL devs.
Thank you all for that!

Offline

#99 2021-01-24 15:11:13

lowrider
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 300

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

sleekmason wrote:
lowrider wrote:
sleekmason wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/CB5DwFX9/Jwm-1-24-21.png

Jwm, Set up basically the same as my openbox setup for now.

Jwm is a really nice window manager.  Very similar to Openbox in feel, with panel similarities to tint2.

There is only one configuration file for Jwm. Everything goes into it. Startup, menus, and a huge amount of easy customizations once you figure out the config file.

Runs extremely lean, Less than 200MB with a custom kernel here, so . . about 230MB until 5.8 comes out.

I will certainly be adding this to my own builds fairly soon (hopefully).  Still a few items to adjust.

The wallpaper is a picture of the windshield from an old truck left next to a creek. Have to drop about '2000' from the road over the course of a mile or so to get to it. One of our favorite camping spots of years past.

Yes i like JWM alot for a floater but one thing drives me crazy. I for xxx sake failed miserably to put that panel on top of the screen. A dealbraker for me. You know howto?

Yes!  They make it kind of obscure to be sure.  The man page hints at placing "top" in the autohide field, but really it's just a Geometry switch from -1 to one:
Changing
 

 <Tray x="0" y="-1" height="24" autohide="Off">

to:
   

<Tray x="0" y="1" height="24" autohide="Off">

Will do the trick.

https://i.postimg.cc/0bbG4t25/Jwm-top-1-23-21.png

Many thanks cool

Offline

#100 2021-01-25 02:32:23

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 1,428

Re: January 2021 Screenshots

@hhh - nice theme.

2021-01-24-09-26-51.png   link

2021-01-24-09-27-28.png   link

2021-01-24-09-31-20.png   link

Last edited by PackRat (2021-01-25 02:34:22)


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB