You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-03 17:05:56

ovum

Jgmenu has dissapeared

Out of the blue, my menu will not open no matter what I do.  I deleted the jgmenu lockfile in hopes that this would solve it (?!?!), but it sure didn't.  I am lost after some searching, and could you a little help over here.  Thanks so much for tolerating my newbishness, and of course the kind bunsenlabs community love.

Thank you for your attention.

#2 2020-12-03 17:14:21

ovum

Re: Jgmenu has dissapeared

Ok, for some reason my... home directory was suddenly read only, and fixing this fixed the jgmenu problem.  Does anyone know why this would have changed like this?  Sorry to be any trouble.

#3 2020-12-03 19:16:59

rbh

Re: Jgmenu has dissapeared

ovum wrote:

Ok, for some reason my... home directory was suddenly read only, and fixing this fixed the jgmenu problem.  Does anyone know why this would have changed like this?  Sorry to be any trouble.

Usually when that happens, there is little room left on device - Did you look how muck room is left? (command "df -h" for example), or the kernel has detected filessytem error - did you run fsck and looked in your logs (/var/log*)?

If you make an internet search on "why /home became readonly linux debian", you will find quite a lot to read...

Was it only your users home that was read only?

// Regards rbh

Board footer