You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-27 02:38:36

Doodle

Nothing working after new Lithum install (EDIT: Nevermind lol)

I was reorganizing my PC and decided to do a fresh install of Lithium. Previously I had upgraded from Helium. After the install, nothing seems to work. I can login, it displays the welcome message, and that's about it. I can open the menu, but nothing will launch. All it'll let me do is lock the screen, reboot, etc. I even tried running the live version from the USB and it seems to do the same thing, which to me is the strangest part. Like it's not just a problem with the install itself. Redownloaded and copied the iso to my USB multiple times with no luck.

I guess I could always just install Debian 10 and go from there, but that doesn't really explain or solve this problem. I've never had anything like this happen with this OS before.

Turns out I had my TV plugged in and everything was opening on that. Whoops! lol

Last edited by Doodle (2020-11-27 04:20:27)

#2 2020-11-27 08:18:15

damo
....moderator....

Re: Nothing working after new Lithum install (EDIT: Nevermind lol)

Instead of putting on my mod hat and deleting this thread, I think it is worth keeping for the lolz big_smile

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#3 2020-11-27 10:47:35

phuturism

Doodle wrote:

I was reorganizing my PC and decided to do a fresh install of Lithium. Previously I had upgraded from Helium. After the install, nothing seems to work. I can login, it displays the welcome message, and that's about it. I can open the menu, but nothing will launch. All it'll let me do is lock the screen, reboot, etc. I even tried running the live version from the USB and it seems to do the same thing, which to me is the strangest part. Like it's not just a problem with the install itself. Redownloaded and copied the iso to my USB multiple times with no luck.

I guess I could always just install Debian 10 and go from there, but that doesn't really explain or solve this problem. I've never had anything like this happen with this OS before.

Turns out I had my TV plugged in and everything was opening on that. Whoops! lol

classic!!!

#4 2020-11-27 15:51:02

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...

Classic brain fart moment monkey

This can happen to anyone though and sometimes solutions stare you in the face but you don't see it, haha.

Last edited by DeepDayze (2020-11-27 15:51:46)

Real Men Use Linux

#5 2020-11-27 15:53:08

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...

It's all good and not meant as an attack. Everyone has a brain fart once in a while so that's normal smile

Real Men Use Linux

Board footer