You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-29 00:51:20

schwim
Website

BL lamp stack install magic for ubu

Heya folks!

Was just wondering if I could carry over the install magic of the BL welcome script's lamp stack install with all it's bells and whistles to Ubu 18.  Would I just find the actual apt-get's involved or would the difference between the distros be enough to break it horribly?  Could someone set me straight on whether  this could be a thing?

Asking this here instead of just following the top google result for lamp stack install on ubu because of the delicious fine-tuning done to the BL's install, like phpmyadmin, securing mysql, etc. This  is the closest I've found to what I think BL is doing.  Is that about the nuts and bolts of it?

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by schwim (2020-07-29 01:28:04)

Schw.im! A social site with an identity crisis.

#2 2020-07-29 01:35:12

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Re: BL lamp stack install magic for ubu

bl-welcome does a little bit of configuration (nothing with mysql though), but I can't really say it's been exhaustively tested recently. (Although it's true there have been no bug reports.)

Anyway, here is the bl-welcome LAMP package list:

apache2,
 apache2-utils
 default-mysql-server
 php
 php-pear
 php-gd
 php-mysql
 php-imagick
 php-curl
 curl
 rsync
 cronolog

Note that phpmyadmin is gone. It's no longer available.
Also, not all those packages might be available on Ubuntu.

As for configuration, I'd really recommend doing some research and setting it up yourself. This is fairly important stuff.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#3 2020-07-29 16:35:37

schwim
Website

Hi there John and thanks very much for the reply!  I understand that public facing 80 is serious business which is why I leave it to the pros on my servers but this is just my laptop which I use very minimally for a tiny bit of my work.  I just need a place to plop some pages on to test my alterations.

I tried the link I posted but was halted at the beginning by an apache server that wouldn't respond when pinged.  I've invested hours in Googling and changes but have still not succeeded.  I'll update once I'm able to gather enough info into a troubleshooting topic.

Thanks!

Schw.im! A social site with an identity crisis.

#4 2020-07-30 01:25:08

johnraff
nullglob
Website

schwim wrote:

I'll update once I'm able to gather enough info into a troubleshooting topic.

Yes, this is what I'd suggest, rather than trying to bend the BL script into working on Ubuntu. By the time you'd done that, you'd have learned everything you need to set it up by hand!

(But I'm afraid I have no personal mysql experience.)

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

Board footer