You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-13 20:25:21

Naik

how to style QT-apps

Hey there!
I know it is problem-description capable of letting many a reader throw his/her hands in the air say "Oh no! Not again!" but I would really like to have a consistent look for all of my desktop and some qt-based applications are just unwilling to play their part.
oc6Nu9At.png
direct link

I already edited ~/.config/Trolltec.conf (for QT4)
and set up qt5ct complete with environment variable export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME="qt5ct" in my ~/.xsessionrc.
But this pice of software (aka. Dropbox-desktop) is unable go with the flow.

Can any of you give me a hint on what to try next?

Thank you and have nice evening!

Naik --greetz

Last edited by Naik (2020-07-14 18:24:02)

"Kaum macht [Mensch]* es richtig, funktioniert es sofort!"
BL-Kitchen on GitHub

#2 2020-07-15 12:09:33

vasa1

Re: how to style QT-apps

Please take a look at https://www.linuxuprising.com/2018/05/u … tions.html.

It's not something I've tried and there's a caveat that what's described may not work for snaps/flatpak.

Using the Openbox (3.5.2) session of Lubuntu 14.04 LTS but very interested in BL :)

#3 2020-07-15 15:53:36

ohnonot
...again
Website

The problem is that Qt itself seems to have changed how it relates to GTK. It might work nicely on Qt4, but not on Qt5. Additionally some apps don't fully respect the chosen GTK-Qt conversion, esp. with dark themes (VirtualBox!).

The Arch wiki has a long article on making GTK & Qt apps look alike, listing various approaches, none of which seems to be a clear winner.
It makes me a sad panda.

BL quote proposals to this thread please.
my repos / my repos

#4 2020-07-15 16:03:03

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...

ohnonot wrote:

The problem is that Qt itself seems to have changed how it relates to GTK. It might work nicely on Qt4, but not on Qt5. Additionally some apps don't fully respect the chosen GTK-Qt conversion, esp. with dark themes (VirtualBox!).

The Arch wiki has a long article on making GTK & Qt apps look alike, listing various approaches, none of which seems to be a clear winner.
It makes me a sad panda.

Can't get vBox to theme with GTK easily not even with qt5ct.

Real Men Use Linux

Board footer