You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-16 12:15:22

ghorvath

xfce4-power-manager does not start without login

I just realized that if I am not logged in, then xfce4-power-manager is not loaded. It was rather bad, because I left my laptop on battery thinking that it will suspend itself, and when I went back to it 2 hours later then it only had 11% battery left and still not suspended.... :-(

(The reason I was not logged in was that I updated the windows which, after the update process is finished, restarts and then grub chooses Bunsenlabs to boot first. The problem was that I had to leave the laptop in the middle of the update process, and could only go back 2 hours later.)

Is there any way to make sure that xfce4-power-manager is loaded without logging in? Or if not then somehow make sure that the laptop would still suspend when on battery? I have laptop-mode-tools installed, but I have disabled the suspend after some time feature, because I did not want it to clash with the settings of xfce4-power-manager.

Maybe I should log myself in automatically? But then to make sure nobody would get access to my account, I would need to automatically lock the screen, as well. Is there any way to do that?

Laptop users, what do you do? Thanks.

#2 2015-11-16 14:10:04

damo
....moderator....

Re: xfce4-power-manager does not start without login

You could start it with a systemd unit, so it runs as a service when the system starts. See Systemd - using units

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

Board footer