You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-29 16:12:58

yoda
Website

Sticky WIndow [SOLVED]

QUESTION :
BEfore moving my main desktop to Lithium, I want to know if we can STICK WINDOW (Sticky window feature), this is something I use a lot...

I Mean When I move from VirtualDesktop(WorkSpace) 1 to 2 to 3, I need some windows to STICK on the window...

Did I missed it, or we can't do it ?  I saw in the keyboard shortcuts that we have iconify (cool) that I use too.

JF

I just came back to the Bunsen world, that I love BTW.  Now in production on 2 of ,my laptop ( Lithium).

Soon on my main Deskto (My desktop is my life LOL, run an internet business + hobby is like most of you, my PC/Linux when my wife does not complain about me spending too much time on the computer... After 30 years she got used to... I am a former IT guy ( Microsoft, network, security... Been using Linux for 10 years approx etc)

Last edited by yoda (2020-02-29 18:13:37)

According to Buddhism, we all met several times... This time, it's on this forum :-) May we meet again

#2 2020-02-29 16:55:30

damo
....moderator....

Re: Sticky WIndow [SOLVED]

It is still the same Openbox, with the same capabilities.

Why not run the Live iso and see how it works?

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#3 2020-02-29 17:00:40

yoda
Website

Tks for your help.

As mentioned in my post, I already installed Lithium on two computers and played with it.

I also made a search in the forum and didn't find anything about STICKY/Stick a window (feature some distros have) and this is why I asked the question here

I can’t find the sticky feature.

Do you know what I mean, when I talk about this sticky feature?

Tks again.... (it's not with BUnsen I was using that... But with ELightnement, Ubuntu and other distro... My former Debian distro was using ENlightnement and I got used to that... Was taking a chance to ask)

If that feature does not exist in Openbox, I'll simply work differently.... No Stress

Wish you a good one...
JF

Last edited by yoda (2020-02-29 18:08:40)

According to Buddhism, we all met several times... This time, it's on this forum :-) May we meet again

#4 2020-02-29 18:09:32

nore
>2⁹

yoda wrote:

Do you know what I mean, when I talk about this sticky feature?

Perhaps this:

http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Actions#ToggleOmnipresent wrote:

ToggleOmnipresent = Make the window visible on all desktops, if it is not already. Otherwise, make it visible only on the current desktop.

Either 1) right click window title bar and send window to "All desktops" or 2) left click icon for toggle omnipresent action. Icon is second to left in default setup, often looks like ⸬ but of course depends on OB theme.

#5 2020-02-29 18:13:12

yoda
Website

WOW WOW SUper !!!TKs !
Problem solved
JF

#6 2020-03-06 14:41:28

yoda
Website

I would like to create a keyboard shortcuts for the " omnipresent / sticky window" thing... As we have for Iconify...

Where could I find the command to exec to not have to click the top left border thing to turn it on/off ?

http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Actions#ToggleOmnipresent wrote:
ToggleOmnipresent = Make the window visible on all desktops, if it is not already. Otherwise, make it visible only on the current desktop.

#7 2020-03-06 15:08:33

yoda
Website

I've got it
<mousebind button="Left" action="Click">
  <action name="ToggleOmnipresent"/>
</mousebind>

ToggleOmnipresent is the command I was looking for

#8 2020-03-06 15:57:39

yoda
Website

I was able to do it using bl-rc.xml and not .xbindkeysrc

I will have to read and learn when and why use one  or the other for keys bindings...

#9 2020-03-06 18:07:39

damo
....moderator....

yoda wrote:

I was able to do it using bl-rc.xml and not .xbindkeysrc

I will have to read and learn when and why use one  or the other for keys bindings...

BL now only uses bl-rc.xml for Openbox bindings, and .xbindkeysrc for running commands.

bl-rc.xml also handles Window Manager settings for Desktops, Mouse, Font, Theme, Applications etc.

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#10 2020-03-06 18:14:09

yoda
Website

ok tks....

Board footer