You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-18 20:51:48

bry2k200

conky: Trouble with Lua

Afternoon all, I've been struggling with this script for I dunnow how long.  I can't get the lua script to display the minute, second and hour hands.  I'd also love to remove the acpitemp and the hard drive info but when I try I get a "nil value" error.  Which is my other beef, when I start conky using a terminal, it doesn't give me the line where the error is, it's just "nil value."  Anyhow, I've pasted the lua script here: https://pastebin.com/gGRiLxi3  This is a script I found that I've been trying to edit to suit my needs.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

#2 2020-01-18 22:31:02

damo
....moderator....

Re: conky: Trouble with Lua

-- Moved here because it is a help request, not a finished script wink --

Please post the LUA lines you are using in your conky. NB You could use [ code ] tags to post the code here, instead of using pastebin, since it isn't a huge script.

If you want a simple clock, with hands, then don't forget that BL provides one - ~/.config/conky/LUA/clock.lua. This is used by the BL-Time conkys. See how that is constructed, and edit yours to suit?

EDIT: have you combined 2 scripts? At first glance it may be that cairo_destroy is called before the hands are drawn.

Last edited by damo (2020-01-18 22:44:54)

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#3 2020-01-18 23:05:01

damo
....moderator....

damo wrote:

EDIT: have you combined 2 scripts? At first glance it may be that cairo_destroy is called before the hands are drawn.

Yep wink

Add the call to the hands function to conky_ring_stats(), just before the '_destroy' lines:

if update_num>5 then
	    for i in pairs(settings_table) do
                display_temp=temp_watch()
		setup_rings(cr,settings_table[i])
	    end
	end
    draw_clock_hands(cr,clock_x,clock_y)    <-- add this
    cairo_surface_destroy(cs)
    cairo_destroy(cr)
end

If you remove functions that you don't want, don't forget to do the same for the function calls in conky_main(). That is probably where you are getting "nil value" errors from.

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#4 2020-01-19 01:47:59

bry2k200

Hi guys, sorry for being MIA, life called.  Worked beautifully, thanks a bunch!

Board footer