You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-01 14:14:10

Davy

Theming Gnome windows?

Hey there, the summer is here and I find myself with free time. Free time best spent, I think you'll agree, fixing (read: breaking) the various problems and niggling annoyances which have been present on my computer.

One such annoyance is how all my gnome windows look different to my others. I'm a little lost as to how this all works and would love some clarification. This feels like a really obvious question but I can't find a similar topic on the forum.

How do I theme my gnome programs (Archive Manager, Evince, Baobab, Lutris) to make them look the same as the rest? Is it possible? It bothers me that I have everything else just how I like it and then the gnome windows are off doing their own thing with grey gradients and different maximize icons and whatnot.

Well, thanks for reading. I hope you're enjoying your (extremely hot, depending on where you are) summer and I look forward to hearing back from you.

#2 2019-08-01 15:41:07

damo
....moderator....

Re: Theming Gnome windows?

Possibly there is a problem with gtk3 in the theme you are using. Have you tried different themes?

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#3 2019-08-01 22:17:35

Davy

Re: Theming Gnome windows?

Yup. With varying results. I initially thought there was no difference when I changed themes but upon checking again just there now I realise that's just because I didn't restart the gnome window I was testing to give it a chance to update. Here's a video of me going through the different themes I have. It pretty much consistently manages to change the colour, and one or two themes manage to change the height of the title bar, but none manage to change the min/max/close icons. Ideally, it would use the standard openbox titlebar, but failing that I'd be happy with just a smaller title bar and similar icons.

https://davy.tyrrell.co/unlisted/Gnomen … iance2.mp4

Do you have a theme you can recommend I test with?

Board footer