You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-01 14:14:10

Davy

Theming Gnome windows?

Hey there, the summer is here and I find myself with free time. Free time best spent, I think you'll agree, fixing (read: breaking) the various problems and niggling annoyances which have been present on my computer.

One such annoyance is how all my gnome windows look different to my others. I'm a little lost as to how this all works and would love some clarification. This feels like a really obvious question but I can't find a similar topic on the forum.

How do I theme my gnome programs (Archive Manager, Evince, Baobab, Lutris) to make them look the same as the rest? Is it possible? It bothers me that I have everything else just how I like it and then the gnome windows are off doing their own thing with grey gradients and different maximize icons and whatnot.

Well, thanks for reading. I hope you're enjoying your (extremely hot, depending on where you are) summer and I look forward to hearing back from you.

#2 2019-08-01 15:41:07

damo
....moderator....

Re: Theming Gnome windows?

Possibly there is a problem with gtk3 in the theme you are using. Have you tried different themes?

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#3 2019-08-01 22:17:35

Davy

Re: Theming Gnome windows?

Yup. With varying results. I initially thought there was no difference when I changed themes but upon checking again just there now I realise that's just because I didn't restart the gnome window I was testing to give it a chance to update. Here's a video of me going through the different themes I have. It pretty much consistently manages to change the colour, and one or two themes manage to change the height of the title bar, but none manage to change the min/max/close icons. Ideally, it would use the standard openbox titlebar, but failing that I'd be happy with just a smaller title bar and similar icons.

https://davy.tyrrell.co/unlisted/Gnomen … iance2.mp4

Do you have a theme you can recommend I test with?

Board footer