You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-23 17:48:37

Aiko

no login via GUI

Hello,
I have an Acer Aspire E-17 and the latest version of bunsenlabs installed. It works well for months. Now I wanted to start again, but I always come back to the desktop at login.
I'm hanging in a boot loop. Each time I enter the login data correctly and click "OK" then I come back to the login.
I can log in via the console, but not as root. The password is not accepted. But it is the same as for the user. How could I log in again via GUI?
I'd like to back up my data, but I can not get the data. The hard disk is encrypted, but the decryption works. Who can help me?
Also, I can not start Knoppix. Somehow it does not seem to be accepted.Can I decrypt the Linux partition and access the data on Windows?Thank you for your help.

greets

Aiko

#2 2019-07-24 15:36:51

rbh

Re: no login via GUI

Aiko wrote:

I can log in via the console, but not as root. The password is not accepted.

Default is the root account not allowed to login in bunsenlab.
You kan log in as user in an tty other than the graphical one. Then you can become root. write:

$ sudo su -
Aiko wrote:

But it is the same as for the user. How could I log in again via GUI?

For me it sounds as if the settings in your your /home, is corrupted.

Aiko wrote:

I'd like to back up my data, but I can not get the data. The hard disk is encrypted, but the decryption works. Who can help me?
Also, I can not start Knoppix. Somehow it does not seem to be accepted.Can I decrypt the Linux partition and access the data on Windows?Thank you for your help.

Now you can mount an external disk och network share and backup your data.

Knoppix is quite heavy live dist. Try something lighter as http://www.system-rescue-cd.org

// Regards rbh

#3 2019-07-26 19:25:00

linux_user

Aiko wrote:

Hello,
I'm hanging in a boot loop. Each time I enter the login data correctly and click "OK" then I come back to the login.
I can log in via the console, but not as root. The password is not accepted. But it is the same as for the user. How could I log in again via GUI?
Aiko

I had this issue when my disk space was almost full. So I logged into console and spared some space (uninstalled few programs and deleted some files); went back to GUI and then I was then able to log in.

Try it.

"Blind faith to authority is the greatest enemy of truth."

#4 2019-08-04 16:54:40

ohnonot
...again
Website

Aiko, is your problem solved now?

Board footer