You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-19 15:42:44

catalanm

I need (handicap)

Hello friends,

yesterday I installed Bunsenlabs Helium, on my Lenovo W500, for THE FIRST time in physical form, before, I always did it on virtual machines, I found myself with 2 serious problems for me, I explain: I am tetraplegic (accident) and I write with a stick in my mouth, I can not press 2 keys at the same time, that is, to make the symbol, I must press alt+q.  As always I installed BL on virtual machines under Windows and had the accessibility keys active, when running BL I continued to use them... but now I don't meet and I can hardly use it (or, /, &, ?, etc., etc.).  The 2nd. problem is that the mouse pointer, moving it use the red stick, feature of IBM Thinkpad... When using Windows I can manipulate the speed of the right and I occupy it with high sensitivity, because when I press it with the stick I need it to be "agile" so that my mouth gets less tired... but, when I install it (really) now, I find that it has low sensitivity and I have to press it very hard and still moves very slowly which leaves me exhausted.

They will help me e-com for and the idea would be to be able to find solutions to use Bunsenlabs... maybe in other, more graphic distributions, there are those options, but I wish I could use BL and "win" the machine and have her defeat me "defeat" and should leave me for those problems, which maybe someone else didn't even taste, but for my son of life and death.

In advance thank you very much,

#2 2019-06-19 16:32:53

Sector11
The Tpyo Knig Mod

Re: I need (handicap)

No idea how to help with the "2 keys" at the same time feature ... but the mouse I think I can help with:

In OpenBox autostart file (~/.config/openbox/autostart) I have these lines to control mouse speed:

### -----  Mouse speed
### -----  From anonymous
### -----  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mouse_acceleration
xset m 4/2 1 &

Last edited by Sector11 (2019-06-19 16:33:24)

BunsenLabs Forum Rules ---== I'm a Conky 1.9'er ==---
System:    Host: d67 Kernel: 4.9.0-9-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 6.3.0)
Desktop: Openbox 3.6.1 Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)

#3 2019-06-20 05:42:58

catalanm

thank you very much Tpyo Knig, you're very kind.

I have continued to investigate and, I think, that the solution "could" be xbindkeys... it is very powerful to launch or control specific commands, however, what I would love to do -I have not succeeded- is to simply capture -example- the shift key, then: when I pressed shift+ key that I choose at that time, as f (open file) or (edition), etc.

To anyone who wants to help me I will be eternally grateful,

#4 2019-06-20 08:23:53

Sun For Miles

As I've understood, you need the sticky keys feature and xkbset utility seems like the tool for the job. I've never used this utility, it is meant to control accessibility for mouse and keyboard. Hope this command sequence helps you (install, view settings, activate sticky keys, view settings again):

sudo apt-get install xkbset
xkbset q
xkbset sticky latchlock
xkbset q

Unsetting the previous option would be

xkbset -sticky -latchlock 

I have no idea how permanent these changes are, you might need to add line xkbset sticky latchlock to the file ~/.config/openbox/autostart so it sticks after reboot.

Señor Chang, why do you teach Spanish?

#5 2019-06-23 17:42:16

catalanm

Wonderful help, friend 'Member', I did exactly what you told me:

xkbset sticky latchlock

I added it to autostart and, for me, it was the difference between being able to occupy Bunsenlabs (x11/x.org) and not being able to do it.

Thank you very much again and, have a great week,

p.s.: The only thing I have not managed to discover is why they are sometimes deactivated and I must re-give the instruction (Terminal)...

#6 2019-06-23 22:16:18

Sun For Miles

Hello, "latchlock" option means that special key is "stuck" if you press is twice as if you are holding it all the time, until you press it third time. "Twokey" is the option I didn't mention at all, and it deactivates sticky keys feature if you press two keys at the same time and I've just read that people often turn this option off.

To activate sticky keys without possibility of turning it off by accidentally pressing 2 keys at the same time, and without locking special keys by pressing them twice:

xkbset sticky -twokey -latchlock 

If you want to keep the option of locking the specials by pressing them twice:

xkbset sticky -twokey latchlock 

Señor Chang, why do you teach Spanish?

#7 2019-06-24 13:28:54

catalanm

Interesting option of xkbset... I'm going to put it into practice, tomorrow night (before I can't) and I'll tell you.

wink

#8 2019-06-26 13:55:39

catalanm

I tried it, it works perfect

.. or, as Mr. Chang would say: Lo probé, funciona perfecto.

MTFBWY

Last edited by catalanm (2019-06-26 13:58:14)

Board footer