You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-26 20:50:22

Ru8ix

Panda PAU06 not working!

Hey guys, i'm completely new to linux and this is my first post here.
So i've been learning a lot of system administration of linux and stuff and have a decent grasp of the basic commands.
I wanted to move onto learning networking and was guided to buy a wireless network adapter. I ended up buying Panda PAU06 cause of later aspiring to use it in kali-linux to do pen-testing and all.
Right now, my issue is i'm not able to install the driver for the adapter into my ubuntu. I have a virtualbox and i have downloaded the extension needed to run USB in virtualbox and i followed the instructions provided by the company in their manual found at http://www.pandawireless.com/download/P … _v1.0s.pdf
but when i run "make", i cannot find the rt3070sta.ko in the /tftpboot folder
and i dont know how to proceed, can anyone please help me?

#2 2019-03-26 21:00:46

damo
....moderator....

Re: Panda PAU06 not working!

pandawireless wrote:

Our wireless cards are plug and play on Ubuntu, Debian, and many more distros!

Are you running ubuntu, not bunsenlabs? Are you running in a VM? You are unclear hmm

Have you tried the 'buntu forums?

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#3 2019-03-27 00:43:33

stevep
MX Linux Developer

OK, here's a good learning experience for Linux. No doubt your "make" command failed, and there's a nice error message about that near the end of the output. Can you find it and show it to us?

#4 2019-03-27 04:29:24

Ru8ix

@stevep:

cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
scripts/Makefile.build:325: recipe for target '/home/ru8ixy/Desktop/LinuxDriver4Fedora_v2.5.0.3/os/linux/../../sta/sta_cfg.o' failed
make[2]: *** [/home/ru8ixy/Desktop/LinuxDriver4Fedora_v2.5.0.3/os/linux/../../sta/sta_cfg.o] Error 1
Makefile:1534: recipe for target '_module_/home/ru8ixy/Desktop/LinuxDriver4Fedora_v2.5.0.3/os/linux' failed
make[1]: *** [_module_/home/ru8ixy/Desktop/LinuxDriver4Fedora_v2.5.0.3/os/linux] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.18.0-16-generic'
Makefile:356: recipe for target 'LINUX' failed
make: *** [LINUX] Error 2

This is the message that comes. The file is actually meant as some old Fedora version but according to some threads it works. I just cant figure it out.

@damo:
yea i'm running VM with the attempt to run a wireless network. It is ubuntu, i wasnt getting answers on the forum so i thought of visiting other forums try resolving the issue.

-- Mod edit -- Please use [ code ] tags for terminal output wink

Last edited by damo (2019-03-27 05:59:46)

Board footer