You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-02 15:59:52

percikapi

Panel icons disappear at startup

Hi! I just installed bunsenlabs. I did all steps of bl-welcome and when I restarted my laptop, some icons just disappeared. It's included network and battery tray, and also sound. I tried some tips on forums and I got back my sound icon.

Only when I type nm-applet and xfce4-power-manager from terminal, the network and battery can be show up. By the way, the network is working even when the icon doesn't appear yet. But I still confuse how to make network and battery tray can show automatically at startup.

#2 2019-02-03 03:19:30

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Re: Panel icons disappear at startup

On the menu (right-click desktop or press the Windows key) go to:
Preferences>Tint2>Restart Tint2
Does that bring back the icons? (Tint2 is the panel at the top of the screen.)

If so, does the problem remain if you reboot your computer?

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog , Japan Links, idle twitterings  and GitStuff )
In case you forget, the rules.

#3 2019-02-03 12:38:16

ohnonot
...again
Website

Re: Panel icons disappear at startup

percikapi wrote:

Hi! I just installed bunsenlabs. I did all steps of bl-welcome and when I restarted my laptop, some icons just disappeared. It's included network and battery tray, and also sound. I tried some tips on forums and I got back my sound icon.

Only when I type nm-applet and xfce4-power-manager from terminal, the network and battery can be show up. By the way, the network is working even when the icon doesn't appear yet. But I still confuse how to make network and battery tray can show automatically at startup.

strange, they should be working ootb.
seems your systray is missing since the functionality of the apps is still there?
did you edit some files since you installed?
what are these "tips from forums" you tried?

Board footer