You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-31 18:17:59

yoda
Website

Conky 101 ( Calendar / Weather )

I am new to BL and love it

I have used a lot of distros but still consider myself as a Linux " user / amateur".

As for customizing my BL, I am used to words as panels, bars, applet but as for Conky ! I am lost / new to that... IS it only for programmer ( I know the basics in scripting / programming)

EXAMPLE :
1- If I want to put a clock or Weather on my Desktop, Is Conky the way to go ?

2- if I want to customize the lower part of the screen to have some info ( cpu, memory  or application icons to launch) is conky doing that ? Or it's more a TINT2 thing ?

Any step by step posts available for me somewhere ( for clock / Weather applet) ?

JF
Keep in mind I come from the Mint, Ubuntu, Budgie, Gnome world... Tks for your patience !

According to Buddhism, we all met several times... This time, it's on this forum :-) May we meet again

#2 2018-12-31 20:13:10

damo
....moderator....

Re: Conky 101 ( Calendar / Weather )

Introduction to the BunsenLabs Desktop - see the Conky section wink

Menu -> Help & Resources -> Conky

Menu -> Preferences -> Conky

There are a couple of calendar/clock conkys which are shipped with BL. Most people copy a conky config and tweak it to their tastes. Obviously there are some complex setups, but positioning, text, colours etc are easily configured.

PS I have previously pointed you to the Help section in the menu!

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#3 2018-12-31 22:42:59

yoda
Website

Re: Conky 101 ( Calendar / Weather )

Tks !
JF
I know you have pointed me to the help section... But needed a little more input to spend time learning the right component....

According to Buddhism, we all met several times... This time, it's on this forum :-) May we meet again

Board footer