You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-24 15:02:29

Peripatus

Resume from suspend using USB keyboard/mouse?

Hello,

New user here; allow me a short eulogy. I installed Helium on an old Samsung Q1 with a tv screen attached, to make a home cinema thing. I'm amazed at the new life BL breathes into the computer. So fast and snappy, yet looking great and easy to navigate (particularly with an added Plank dock -- removed tint2). All made possible because of your 32bit non-PAE iso! Thank you, devs!

On to my question: while the system works great as it is, one further improvement would be to resume from suspend using the wireless usb keyboard/touchpad. I tried this method but using

echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/[x]/power/wakeup

for the appropriate x'es makes no difference, i.e. still no resume from suspend. Tested with a regular wired keyboard instead: same result. Had a look at my BIOS settings but nothing in there seems relevant.

So: is this confirmed to normally work in BL? If so, are there steps I could take? Wild guess, but might it be related to the non-PAEness of my install?

Many thanks!

#2 2018-11-25 08:37:41

ohnonot
...again
Website

Re: Resume from suspend using USB keyboard/mouse?

Peripatus wrote:

I tried this method

that is a multi-part solution and simply saying "didn't work" doesn't seem sufficient.
also: what is rc.local in the tut, should probably be a systemd service nowadays.

maybe you should take another look.
it doesn't look too promising; most results seem fairly old. well, you dig.

one suggests it could even b a BIOS thing.

#3 2018-11-26 09:19:55

Peripatus

Re: Resume from suspend using USB keyboard/mouse?

ohnonot, thanks for the reply.

that is a multi-part solution and simply saying "didn't work" doesn't seem sufficient.

I specifically referred to the first step in the tutorial (echo enabled etc.), which normally enables wakeup for the current session only. That does not work for me. Consequently, I did not yet get to the second step, making the settings permanent.

also: what is rc.local in the tut, should probably be a systemd service nowadays.

I'm not familiar with the various startup scripts. Any suggestions?

maybe you should take another look.

Well, I read plenty before posting here.

What I have not tried yet is to create an extra udev rule, as suggested in some threads. Though that seems to be more about making the keyboard/mouse findable across reboots...? Will try later today.

one suggests it could even b a BIOS thing.

As mentioned, I could not find a relevant setting in the BIOS. Perhaps there simply is no option to maintain power to the USB port during suspend, for this system. But I'd like to make sure the issue is not something else.

Board footer