You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-08 11:03:26

nickros

PLEASE HELP! Problem with installation.

Hi!
I´m using windos 10 and now wnat to install bunsenlabs as the cesond os. When running set up, it asks to reboot the computer and then choose bunsenlabs when logging in, but somehow my computer chooses automatically windos and therefore I can not install bunsenlabs. Please help, don´t know what to do

#2 2018-11-08 13:27:45

damo
....moderator....

Re: PLEASE HELP! Problem with installation.

It sounds like the boot instructions are still for windows. When you installed BL did you choose to install grub to the correct drive (probably /dev/sda)? This choice is the last one you make during the installation.

HowTo: Install BunsenLabs with the Graphical Installer/Install GRUB

Windows ignores any other non-windows components, so you need to install GRUB. If you want WinOS to be the first choice when booting, you will subsequently need to change the boot order in the GRUB config.

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#3 2018-11-08 14:00:56

nickros

Thank you for the answer!

The thing is that it doesn´t even forward me to the installation page. So I just open the DVD rive Run Debian GNU/Linux and press there setup, after a quick setup it says that a restart is needed and after the computer restarts, I should choose BL for installing, but my computer automatically logins into windows 10, so I don´t even see the BL installation page.

#4 2018-11-08 14:04:13

S7.L

You most likely need to setup the drive from the windows side of things first before you install bunsenlabs.

What do your partitions look like? I would say windows 10 owns all your drive lest you made space for something else.

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate."...Voilà!

~ V

#5 2018-11-08 14:07:49

damo
....moderator....

OK, didn't realize you hadn't got that far. Search for how to disable UEFI Secure Boot, or choose Legacy Boot mode.

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#6 2018-11-08 15:16:57

nickros

Thank you guys for the answer. Tried it all, still doesn't work. Splitted the hard drive and disabled UEFI mode. I´ve heard that it might be some Lenovo´s settings.

#7 2018-11-09 16:44:21

onlain

Sounds like grub is istalled but it still booting microsoft's efi. You can try replace it with the grub's efi. Here is the Explanation:

How do I get my HP laptop to boot into grub from my new efi file?

remember to backup your files before do it.

Board footer