You are not logged in.

#26 2018-09-23 05:47:39

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
Website

Re: Linus is sorry for being a jerk.

S7.L wrote:

Me thinks Coraline is a few sandwiches short of a picnic, wow.

More than a few I think.

I like my Metal like my coffee.......Black!

#27 2018-09-23 07:30:50

ohnonot
...again
Website

well.

i cannot say i disagree with you - this (person) brings out the troll in the best of us.

meanwhile, will the kernel suffer?
https://lulz.com/linux-devs-threaten-ki … ersy-1252/

i also found this slightly older article which describes things rather well i think:
https://status451.com/2017/05/18/the-ba … e-message/

#28 2018-09-23 11:04:27

iMBeCil
WAAAT?

Excellent link glittersloth, applicable to (too) many thing IRL. Makes me think about Goedel's Theorems, and sentences like: "This sentence is false."

BTW, to follow current developments, I must say that I feel BL also needs the CoC, since I feel there is no enough iMBeCiles involved here (devs, forum members), thus apparently being discriminatory toward the said group of people.  monkey

Postpone all your duties; if you die, you won't have to do them ..

#29 2018-09-23 14:27:24

glittersloth
...always giving it to you straight

iMBeCil wrote:

BL also needs the CoC,

This sentence sounds so wrong if you're like me and use "bl" as your bookmark keyword to load this forum, and happened to accidentally enter it in your search engine bar instead of the address bar one day. cry

iMBeCil wrote:

...since I feel there is no enough iMBeCiles involved here (devs, forum members), thus apparently being discriminatory toward the said group of people.  monkey

Anyone that walks around with a funnel on his head deserves being discriminated against anyway, so you can take your CoC and shove it (up your funnel) for all I care. You may, however, bribe us lobby (we accept rakija) to have the discrimination temporarily rescinded for a year*, because capitalism. devil

*yes, it's subscription based, because everyone and their UNICEF volunteer mother is doing it these days, - religion has taught us that there's nothing more profitable than a protection racket on people's conscience - so we need to keep up with current trends.

Last edited by glittersloth (2018-09-23 18:25:12)

#30 2018-09-23 14:40:15

S7.L

ohnonot wrote:

well.

i cannot say i disagree with you - this (person) brings out the troll in the best of us.

meanwhile, will the kernel suffer?
https://lulz.com/linux-devs-threaten-ki … ersy-1252/

i also found this slightly older article which describes things rather well i think:
https://status451.com/2017/05/18/the-ba … e-message/

The really smart people will know what needs to be done, those in the peanut gallery will only concern themselves with peanuts.

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate."...Voilà!

~ V

#31 2018-09-23 22:38:42

iMBeCil
WAAAT?

glittersloth wrote:
iMBeCil wrote:

BL also needs the CoC,

This sentence sounds so wrong if you're like me and use "bl" as your bookmark keyword to load this forum, and happened to accidentally enter it in your search engine bar instead of the address bar one day. cry

Quite, after reading it aloud, the sentence sound a bit ... wrong glasses big_smile
No bookmarks for me ... I simply write 'bun' in address bar and press arrow down ... and here I am. (And, yes I tried google ... hilarious.)

glittersloth wrote:
iMBeCil wrote:

...since I feel there is no enough iMBeCiles involved here (devs, forum members), thus apparently being discriminatory toward the said group of people.  monkey

Anyone that walks around with a funnel on his head deserves being discriminated against anyway, so you can take your CoC and shove it (up your funnel) for all I care. You may, however, bribe us lobby (we accept rakija) to have the discrimination temporarily rescinded for a year*, because capitalism. devil

You are not only very rude, you are indescribably rude, both to me and my religion. I have a funnel to treasure my own spaghetti monster below. No rakija for you!

Last edited by iMBeCil (2018-09-23 22:39:03)

#32 2018-09-23 22:48:34

hhh
That's easy!
Website

iMBeCil wrote:

You are not only very rude, you are indescribably rude, both to me and my religion. I have a funnel to treasure my own spaghetti monster below. No rakija for you!

Shut up, moron. BL is actively anti-moron, and anti-funnel-hats.

monkey

#33 2018-09-24 00:01:04

glittersloth

Is this where I apologize for being a jerk, or do I have start my own mailing list for that?

#34 2018-09-24 00:41:06

hhh
That's easy!
Website

I don't know. Is there a crew of white women after you?

#35 2018-09-24 00:42:33

hhh
That's easy!
Website

Right, I forgot. A crew of funnel-hats. You might need a GoFundMe account for that, for the legal expenses. Hat prices are insane!

#36 2018-09-24 00:46:54

hhh
That's easy!
Website

Ha, bullshit! Like you'd apologize for being a jerk, pfft. Quitters never win and winners never quit, and only users lose drugs.

-edit- Almost the end of my Birthday, Sep. 23rd. Happy birthday to me, hhh, you big hhh jerk.

#37 2018-09-24 06:13:21

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
Website

Okay this Social Just Warrior thing is getting out of hand:

https://imgur.com/TV8VScL

Whatever happened to people keeping their thoughts to themselves?

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday H3.

Last edited by Dobbie03 (2018-09-24 06:17:50)

#38 2018-09-24 06:46:24

ohnonot
...again
Website

^ say no more.
but that was in 2015.
not saying that dredging up yesterday's petty argument isn't the new trend.

i just spent a long hour writing this, so i'll just link y'all. please read.

oh, and also this - it seems that using the terms "social justice warrior" or "political correctness" makes me alt-right.
afaik, i am not.
i am not even trying to be political here at all - but then again, how can you not be when forced into it in such ways.
and i was never happy using these terms; it's too simple to discredit someone or something by using such a broad term, imprecise and currently seen as derogatory.
sorry about that; it was really just laziness, but this topic definitely needs more effort.

i do not agree with every opinion that is currently being attacked by follower's of Coraline's CoC.
But by attacking them like that, they are becoming the very picture of intolerance they are trying to abolish.
and people start to fear expressing their opinions - that can't be good.

i truly hope that Kroah-Hartman and also Torvalds himself will use a different CoC for the kernel.

#39 2018-09-24 07:30:26

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
Website

ohnonot wrote:

it seems that using the terms "social justice warrior" or "political correctness" makes me alt-right.
afaik, i am not.

Okay I am treading thin ice here and leaning into a potential political convo/debate so I wont go on too much.

What is happening is that the Extreme Left are using labels to shut you up.  What's the best way to shut someone down?  Give them an extreme and totally out of proportion label in the hope that they/you will keep quiet and not get a following.

It's seems to quite okay for those types to force their agenda and outlook/feelings etc etc upon us, yet when we speak up  or disagree we are labelled bigots or racist or transphobic or islamaphobe, the list of labels goes on.  It's a direction I am extremely unhappy with and even more unhappy with the people in positions of "power" who are pandering to this type of ludicrous thought process.

This quite possibly could be one of the reasons why the supposed "Extreme Right" national party in Sweden did so well in the recent elections?  People are seeing others with the same frustration as them and that they are doing something about it.

I truly fear for my sons and and what might become of their generation.

-----

Interesting write up there by the way Mr Not.

Last edited by Dobbie03 (2018-09-24 07:34:18)

#40 2018-09-24 08:14:46

iMBeCil
WAAAT?

hhh wrote:
iMBeCil wrote:

Shut up, moron. BL is actively anti-moron, and anti-funnel-hats.

monkey

That's the next level of oppression: ra(*)ing funnel-hats people solely on the assumption that somebody wearing funnel on his head is different. You wouldn't do it if I have had a BL hat, would you?
No rakija for you, (n)either.

#41 2018-09-24 08:32:14

iMBeCil
WAAAT?

glittersloth wrote:

Is this where I apologize for being a jerk, or do I have start my own mailing list for that?

No. Firstly, you have to be actively counter-oppressed by sjw.

#42 2018-09-24 13:14:30

glittersloth

^ Let's not use the term "SJW" here. It's innacurate, and not very creative.
Both sides seem to have no clue what "social justice" even means in the first place.

Maybe I'm just jaded beyond repair. The whole "diversity and equality" thing just sounds fundamentally contradictory to me. People seem to think that sort of Utopia can be created (through the use of Gestapo tactics, ironically) despite our entire history saying otherwise. You can have all the rules and codes of conduct you want with all sorts of "activists" to police them, but it's all just superficial (and capitalist) at the end of the day. On a cultural level, people will become more savvy about policing their hatred, but the resentment would remain. I should know, I live in Singapore, the absolute fakest society on the planet.

I'll continue listening to queer music in the car while making the same jokes/insults about female drivers as I always have. Hypocritical? Oh yes. But this whole "diversity movement" is no different. It's like that whole P.L.U.R. (Peace, Love, Unity and Respect) movement in disco we had some time back, where you had two (or more) sides constantly bickering about how righteous and relevant they were, yet neither would last five minutes if you dropped them off in an impoverished land somewhere.

Edit,
Oh, and @hhh; figured you were TUI (you usually edit and add to single posts when sober), so happy burpday!!
.... though I do hope it was in moderation and didn't evolve into a happy barfday.

Last edited by glittersloth (2018-09-24 14:53:49)

#43 2018-09-24 16:41:05

obscurant

Gamergate Part Deux?

#44 2018-09-25 02:48:25

hhh
That's easy!
Website

glittersloth wrote:

Edit,
Oh, and @hhh; figured you were TUI (you usually edit and add to single posts when sober), so happy burpday!!
.... though I do hope it was in moderation and didn't evolve into a happy barfday.

True, I need to check myself there. It was moderate, the only churning in my stomach lately has been rage.

#45 2018-09-25 02:51:47

hhh
That's easy!
Website

Oh, and I'll see your fake-Singapore and raise you white-privelage Charleston, where all the wealth was built via slavery. Standing on Broad Street, I gesture north... "Here we have the rich."

Turning south to The Battery, I gesture again... "Here, we have the filthy rich."

#46 2018-09-25 02:59:50

hhh
That's easy!
Website

#47 2018-09-25 03:37:50

hhh
That's easy!
Website

glittersloth wrote:

you usually edit and add to single posts when sober

*not sober, the unsober, sober-ish of mind, or not, but not of B.A.C. FTFY.

#48 2018-09-25 08:02:48

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Happy Birthday @hhh. smile

---
Back in the days, Dylan was a dependable source of quotes for all occasions:

Dylan wrote:

"Rip down all hate!" I screamed.

I don't think it's cool to sneer at people who are trying to make a better world, but there's nothing better about a world where people are attacked for their supposed thoughts.

Extreme left-wing and extreme right-wing both end up in the same place, with a small group of people suppressing the rest of us, but extreme freedom likewise just results in the Law of the Jungle, where the rich and powerful can mess with everyone else at will.

The Middle Way is the most difficult, but the only way forward IMO.

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog , Japan Links, idle twitterings  and GitStuff )
In case you forget, the rules.

#49 2018-09-25 11:13:22

brontosaurusrex
Middle Office

So a nice solution to avoid various boxes might be some sort of ''random insult generator'?

Last edited by brontosaurusrex (2018-09-25 11:14:38)

#50 2018-09-25 12:00:05

S7.L

brontosaurusrex wrote:

So a nice solution to avoid various boxes might be some sort of ''random insult generator'?

Meet Robbie the Robot.

http://www.robietherobot.com/insult-generator.htm

One of the insults generated >> "Ugly Crotch Dragon"

Sounds painful  neutral

Edit to add the Shakespearean version, i like this one...

"Thou art a...
Loggerheaded Sheep-Biting Miscreant".

http://www.robietherobot.com/Shakespear … erator.htm

Last edited by S7.L (2018-09-25 12:13:15)

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate."...Voilà!

~ V

Board footer