You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-15 13:04:54

sleekmason

[SOLVED] Long wait at boot for resume/suspend after swap uuid change

Howdy,

Currently I have BL / on sda1. Upon installation of a distro to another partition, sda5, the installer relabeled swap.

I decided to change the fstab entry in BunsenLabs (sda1) to the same uuid number.  No problems there, but upon reboot, I experience a delay while the system looks for suspend/resume.

Is there another file where I need to specify the current swap uuid? (something for resume in /etc?) ...

Or, failing that, simply assign a new number that inserts itself everywhere needed for Bunsenlabs suspend/resume?

Also, maybe suggest a better practice for this issue.

Regards, and Thank you.

Last edited by sleekmason (2018-06-15 14:34:56)

"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - Calvin Coolidge

#2 2018-06-15 13:34:48

verndog

Re: [SOLVED] Long wait at boot for resume/suspend after swap uuid change

Did you try 'sudo update-grub'.

#3 2018-06-15 13:59:15

hhh
That's easy!
Website

sleekmason wrote:

Or, failing that, simply assign a new number that inserts itself everywhere needed for Bunsenlabs suspend/resume?

You just need a correct fstab for each OS.

Also, maybe suggest a better practice for this issue.

I do what you did, let the new OS install grub and control the boot, update fstab in the old OS(es) with the new swap ID, and run sudo update-grub. Then I boot into the OS I want to actually control grub and install it there. My hard drive is /dev/sda*, so...

sudo grub-install /dev/sda
sudo update-grub

HoaS has a post somewhere here about setting up fstab to handle adding another OS better, but the longhand method above works fine.

#4 2018-06-15 14:32:35

sleekmason

Then I boot into the OS I want to actually control grub ...

That does the trick nicely:) Thank you!

"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - Calvin Coolidge

#5 2018-06-15 17:29:13

hhh
That's easy!
Website

Thanks for trying BL and enjoy the forums!

Board footer