You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-01 09:20:00

bjmag94
Member
Registered: 2017-11-01
Posts: 42

Host a website

Hi, I have just installed bunsenlabs 8 on my acer asper es1-411 laptop, I was just wondering how would I host my website through it, I am currently running it through wamp server on my windows laptop, but wanted to change to linux, can anyone please point me in the right direction, or is there any tutorials anyone could show me please? Thank you

Offline

#2 2017-11-01 09:41:39

iMBeCil
WAAAT?
From: Edrychwch o'ch cwmpas
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 521

Re: Host a website

It depends on what exactly you want to do, but since you have used WAMP, I think you should use LAMP software bundle.

Try googling 'LAMP debian' or similar ...


Postpone all your duties; if you die, you won't have to do them ..

Offline

#3 2017-11-01 10:13:01

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!
Registered: 2015-10-03
Posts: 891

Re: Host a website

+1 Imbecial ... gnu/Linux is clearly awesome but the devils in the details. Often there's 800 ways to achieve whichever end, all of them could very well work fine too. Which is most appropriate or effective for each usercase or user .. that's where it can get murky.

Either way installing and setting up LAMP would likely be a prudent approach for you and also be aware that some ISP's block such types of configuration, they don't want you running a forward facing web-server on a residential connection so you may need to do some port forwarding to get it done and unless you have a static IP address could need to utilize a dynamic dns setup to consistently reach your home systems URL.

Note ... actually never done this myself, only looked into what's involved.

Offline

#4 2017-11-01 10:29:26

iMBeCil
WAAAT?
From: Edrychwch o'ch cwmpas
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 521

Re: Host a website

^you right BLizgreat ... but he says he use(d) WAMP, so probably he has no problem with the ISP or whatever.

And details ... yeah ... never used WAMP, once installed LAMP in a hurry, but I find it much more satisfying to install all the components separately  cool


Postpone all your duties; if you die, you won't have to do them ..

Offline

#5 2017-11-01 10:57:48

brontosaurusrex
Middle Office
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,596

Re: Host a website

The easy way is probably

apt install phpmyadmin
apt remove phpmyadmin

Quick php test

sudo sh -c "echo '<?php phpinfo(); ?>' > /var/www/html/test.php"
lynx localhost/test.php

Quick php/mysql check

lynx -dump localhost/test.php | grep mysql | less

Next is checking all the config files and setting up some sort of virtual hosting
http://www.itzgeek.com/how-tos/linux/ub … 14-04.html

Last edited by brontosaurusrex (2017-11-01 11:28:31)

Offline

#6 2017-11-01 11:19:03

iMBeCil
WAAAT?
From: Edrychwch o'ch cwmpas
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 521

Re: Host a website

brontosaurusrex wrote:

The easy way is probably

apt install phpmyadmin
apt remove phpmyadmin

Neat! smile


Postpone all your duties; if you die, you won't have to do them ..

Offline

#7 2017-11-01 11:51:50

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!
Registered: 2015-10-03
Posts: 891

Re: Host a website

^ Agreed with what you said, WAMP worked fine, LAMP should too. Just being anal in mentioning it. Think the prospect of using ddns is just overall cool to get around lack of a static IP regardless. smile

Offline

#8 2017-11-01 11:56:47

tknomanzr
BL Die Hard
From: Around the Bend
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,029

Re: Host a website

bl-welcome has an option in the developer's section to install a lamp stack. It is pretty easy to setup from there. Note, it is doubtful we have optimized that install as a production ready environment but it is useful as a development server at this time.

Offline

#9 2017-11-01 13:54:22

earlybird
ほやほや
Registered: 2015-12-16
Posts: 606
Website

Re: Host a website

bjmag94 wrote:

Hi, I have just installed bunsenlabs 8 on my acer asper es1-411 laptop, I was just wondering how would I host my website through it, I am currently running it through wamp server on my windows laptop, but wanted to change to linux, can anyone please point me in the right direction, or is there any tutorials anyone could show me please? Thank you

It depends on your needs.

If you need PHP, Apache + PHP is the classic way, though for the forums here, we're using nginx + php-fpm (PHP5) + mariadb which works just as well.

If you just need to serve static files, you could could use any of nginx/apache/lighttpd which are reasonably modern.

My preference for nginx stems from its configuration language being way more intuitive than Apache's. As far intuitive configuration goes, I find OpenBSD's new relayd and httpd (=like nginx split into two very sexy https://bsd.plumbing/ though IDK if there's a Linux port already.

Offline

#10 2017-11-01 14:24:56

bjmag94
Member
Registered: 2017-11-01
Posts: 42

Re: Host a website

Thanks everyone I would like to set it up as like a VPS

Offline

#11 2017-11-02 04:14:58

bjmag94
Member
Registered: 2017-11-01
Posts: 42

Re: Host a website

Server requirements
Any Linux OS
Apache or NGINX Web Servers
Support for AcceptPathInfo
Support for MultiViews (or mod_rewrite which is slower)
MySQL 5.x
Recommended configuration:
interactive_timeout = 1000
connect_timeout = 1000
wait_timeout = 1000
PHP 5.x (mod_php/CGI)
Support for GD2 Library
Support for MySQL
Support for Curl
Support for uploadprogress PHP extension (only if you want to display a progress bar on uploads)
Recommended PHP Configuration
safe_mode off
open_basedir off
max_execution_time 7200
max_input_time 7200
memory_limit (with 1MB more then the maximum video upload size)
post_max_size (maximum video upload size)
upload_max_size (maximum video upload size)
exec() should be allowed
PHP CLI 5.x (see above + register_argc_argv ON)
FFmpeg (recommended version 3.0+)

Offline

#12 2017-11-02 10:57:23

iMBeCil
WAAAT?
From: Edrychwch o'ch cwmpas
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 521

Re: Host a website

Is this a question?

If yes, then all that can be set up on Linux/Debian/Bunsenlabs: especially 'Any Linux OS' devil devil It is just a simple matter of installing required packages and configuring Apache and PHP. I'm afraid you will have to read some documentation for this (or give sudo/root access to someone ...). Since your 'Server requirements' looks like a copy-paste of some sort of CMS or similar (which one?), perhaps you can consult their instruction for configuring your site. Advice you want is not a generic one, lots of details depend on particular web page you want to set up.

Also, try going step by step:
- first make sure Apache works
- then make sure MySQL/MariaDB works (from terminal)
- make sure PHP works (via web Apache), and it can connect to database
- install and configure your site

ATM, I don't know if Debian stable (or BL for that matter) has already switched to MariaDB, but AFAIK it is direct substitute for MySQL.


Postpone all your duties; if you die, you won't have to do them ..

Offline

#13 2017-11-02 11:33:39

bjmag94
Member
Registered: 2017-11-01
Posts: 42

Re: Host a website

iMBeCil wrote:

Is this a question?

If yes, then all that can be set up on Linux/Debian/Bunsenlabs: especially 'Any Linux OS' devil devil It is just a simple matter of installing required packages and configuring Apache and PHP. I'm afraid you will have to read some documentation for this (or give sudo/root access to someone ...). Since your 'Server requirements' looks like a copy-paste of some sort of CMS or similar (which one?), perhaps you can consult their instruction for configuring your site. Advice you want is not a generic one, lots of details depend on particular web page you want to set up.

Also, try going step by step:
- first make sure Apache works
- then make sure MySQL/MariaDB works (from terminal)
- make sure PHP works (via web Apache), and it can connect to database
- install and configure your site

ATM, I don't know if Debian stable (or BL for that matter) has already switched to MariaDB, but AFAIK it is direct substitute for MySQL.

Thank you, how would I run all them tests?
Or how would I allow someone else access?
I am thinking about trying to find something like GNUPanel to install so I can start my own hosting business.
But can't get GNU Panel for "jessie"

Offline

#14 2017-11-02 11:41:15

brontosaurusrex
Middle Office
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,596

Offline

#15 2017-11-02 13:36:52

iMBeCil
WAAAT?
From: Edrychwch o'ch cwmpas
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 521

Re: Host a website

bjmag94 wrote:

Thank you, how would I run all them tests?
Or how would I allow someone else access?
I am thinking about trying to find something like GNUPanel to install so I can start my own hosting business.
But can't get GNU Panel for "jessie"

So, you actually want to run hosting bussines? Wow ...
There is much more to it than Apache, PHP, and database (being MySQL or Postgre ...). I'm afraid, it is much over my head.

And considering questions you ask ("how would I run all them tests?"), I would say you are not very knowledgeable in those stuff, and apparently not eager to learn it yourself.

In light of this, I recommend you hire a professional who will take care of computer stuff (software, hardware, installation, configuration), and you pay him. There is simply too much to it, to solve it via forum, and in short time.


Postpone all your duties; if you die, you won't have to do them ..

Offline

#16 2017-11-02 17:02:26

bjmag94
Member
Registered: 2017-11-01
Posts: 42

Re: Host a website

iMBeCil wrote:
bjmag94 wrote:

Thank you, how would I run all them tests?
Or how would I allow someone else access?
I am thinking about trying to find something like GNUPanel to install so I can start my own hosting business.
But can't get GNU Panel for "jessie"

So, you actually want to run hosting bussines? Wow ...
There is much more to it than Apache, PHP, and database (being MySQL or Postgre ...). I'm afraid, it is much over my head.

And considering questions you ask ("how would I run all them tests?"), I would say you are not very knowledgeable in those stuff, and apparently not eager to learn it yourself.

In light of this, I recommend you hire a professional who will take care of computer stuff (software, hardware, installation, configuration), and you pay him. There is simply too much to it, to solve it via forum, and in short time.

Ultimately I'd love to start my own hosting business, but I would need a faster machine and a lot more disk space and ram..
But for now I will just stick with just trying to get my site online from linux, I have installed the lamp stack..
Now when I try and load my site and http://localhost/ it give me a "unable to connect" message.

I followed this tutorial https://www.digitalocean.com/community/ … n-debian-8, not sure if I messed up somewhere along the line, but no luck getting it to work, I have been trying now for around 45 minutes to get it working smile

Last edited by bjmag94 (2017-11-02 17:10:06)

Offline

#17 2017-11-02 17:04:46

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!
Registered: 2015-10-03
Posts: 891

Re: Host a website

^+1 him and again, if you're talking about a residential internet connection, could very well get detected and shut down by your ISP, if it (and likely does) violate their terms, conditions and AUP policy.

There are some really affordable VPS's around = virtual private server(s) you can sign up with and host a bunch of websites or whatever else online. Competition for web-hosting is fierce too. With some very highly qualified and decently financed parties having real trouble getting established and making decent profit's from it. Which may have a handful up to a couple dozen co-located dedicated servers running in various data-centers in whichever countries.

As Imbecil already said, there's a ton to the subject. Not something you're likely to just get the hang of or pick up in a couple days. Just keeping it real. Good luck with your project though.

Last edited by BLizgreat! (2017-11-02 17:06:59)

Offline

#18 2017-11-02 17:11:33

bjmag94
Member
Registered: 2017-11-01
Posts: 42

Re: Host a website

BLizgreat! wrote:

^+1 him and again, if you're talking about a residential internet connection, could very well get detected and shut down by your ISP, if it (and likely does) violate their terms, conditions and AUP policy.

There are some really affordable VPS's around = virtual private server(s) you can sign up with and host a bunch of websites or whatever else online. Competition for web-hosting is fierce too. With some very highly qualified and decently financed parties having real trouble getting established and making decent profit's from it. Which may have a handful up to a couple dozen co-located dedicated servers running in various data-centers in whichever countries.

As Imbecil already said, there's a ton to the subject. Not something you're likely to just get the hang of or pick up in a couple days. Just keeping it real. Good luck with your project though.

Thank you, I would pay for hosting but money is tight at the moment, and would rather do it from my own PC, and it doesn't violate my terms with my ISP, I have already been in contact with them

Offline

#19 2017-11-02 17:40:35

tknomanzr
BL Die Hard
From: Around the Bend
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,029

Re: Host a website

ISP's typically block port 80 so they can charge you for a business account if you want to use it. You can partially get around this by creating port forwarding in your router from port 8080, say to port 80 internally. However, this means you have to append the port to your domain name. For instance:

www.mysite.com:8080/index.html

I have used https://www.biz.nf/ in the past. While it is not super speedy it is free.

Offline

#20 2017-11-02 17:54:31

iMBeCil
WAAAT?
From: Edrychwch o'ch cwmpas
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 521

Re: Host a website

bjmag94 wrote:

Now when I try and load my site and http://localhost/ it give me a "unable to connect" message.

I followed this tutorial https://www.digitalocean.com/community/ … n-debian-8, not sure if I messed up somewhere along the line, but no luck getting it to work, I have been trying now for around 45 minutes to get it working smile

Please post output of:

$ ps ax

and 'hosts' file:

$ cat /etc/hosts

Postpone all your duties; if you die, you won't have to do them ..

Offline

#21 2017-11-02 23:20:47

bjmag94
Member
Registered: 2017-11-01
Posts: 42

Re: Host a website

iMBeCil wrote:

Please post output of:

$ ps ax
brady@reunited-city:~$ ps ax
  PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
    1 ?        Ss     0:02 /sbin/init
    2 ?        S      0:00 [kthreadd]
    3 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/0]
    4 ?        S      0:00 [kworker/0:0]
    5 ?        S<     0:00 [kworker/0:0H]
    6 ?        S      0:00 [kworker/u8:0]
    7 ?        R      0:00 [rcu_sched]
    8 ?        S      0:00 [rcu_bh]
    9 ?        S      0:00 [migration/0]
   10 ?        S      0:00 [watchdog/0]
   11 ?        S      0:00 [watchdog/1]
   12 ?        S      0:00 [migration/1]
   13 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/1]
   14 ?        S      0:00 [kworker/1:0]
   15 ?        S<     0:00 [kworker/1:0H]
   16 ?        S<     0:00 [khelper]
   17 ?        S      0:00 [kdevtmpfs]
   18 ?        S<     0:00 [netns]
   19 ?        S      0:00 [khungtaskd]
   20 ?        S<     0:00 [writeback]
   21 ?        SN     0:00 [ksmd]
   22 ?        SN     0:00 [khugepaged]
   23 ?        S<     0:00 [crypto]
   24 ?        S<     0:00 [kintegrityd]
   25 ?        S<     0:00 [bioset]
   26 ?        S<     0:00 [kblockd]
   27 ?        S      0:00 [kworker/0:1]
   28 ?        S      0:00 [kswapd0]
   29 ?        S<     0:00 [vmstat]
   30 ?        S      0:00 [fsnotify_mark]
   36 ?        S<     0:00 [kthrotld]
   37 ?        S      0:00 [kworker/1:1]
   38 ?        S      0:00 [kworker/0:2]
   39 ?        S<     0:00 [ipv6_addrconf]
   40 ?        S<     0:00 [deferwq]
   41 ?        S      0:00 [kworker/u8:1]
   76 ?        S<     0:00 [ata_sff]
   77 ?        S      0:00 [khubd]
   78 ?        S      0:00 [scsi_eh_0]
   79 ?        S<     0:00 [scsi_tmf_0]
   80 ?        S      0:00 [scsi_eh_1]
   81 ?        S<     0:00 [acpi_thermal_pm]
   82 ?        S<     0:00 [scsi_tmf_1]
   83 ?        S      0:00 [kworker/u8:2]
   84 ?        S      0:00 [kworker/u8:3]
   85 ?        S<     0:00 [kpsmoused]
   87 ?        S      0:00 [kworker/u8:4]
   88 ?        S      0:00 [kworker/0:3]
   91 ?        S<     0:00 [kworker/0:1H]
   97 ?        S<     0:00 [bioset]
  117 ?        S<     0:00 [kworker/1:1H]
  118 ?        S      0:00 [jbd2/sda2-8]
  119 ?        S<     0:00 [ext4-rsv-conver]
  150 ?        S      0:00 [kworker/1:2]
  151 ?        S      0:00 [kauditd]
  162 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-journald
  166 ?        Ss     0:01 /lib/systemd/systemd-udevd
  227 ?        S      0:00 [ext4lazyinit]
  237 ?        S<     0:00 [kmemstick]
  238 ?        S<     0:00 [hd-audio0]
  267 ?        S<     0:00 [kworker/u9:0]
  268 ?        S<     0:00 [hci0]
  269 ?        S<     0:00 [hci0]
  279 ?        S<     0:00 [kworker/u9:1]
  290 ?        S<     0:00 [cfg80211]
  292 ?        S<     0:00 [kvm-irqfd-clean]
  296 ?        S<     0:00 [kworker/u9:2]
  303 ?        S      0:00 [wl_event_handle]
  471 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/sbin/NetworkManager --no-daemon
  473 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/smartd -n
  474 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/sbin/ModemManager
  476 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/cron -f
  477 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/atd -f
  480 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-logind
  487 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system --address=systemd: --nofor
  514 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/ntpd -p /var/run/ntpd.pid -g -u 105:110
  522 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/sbin/rsyslogd -n
  542 tty1     Ss+    0:00 /sbin/agetty --noclear tty1 linux
  550 ?        SLsl   0:00 /usr/sbin/lightdm
  602 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/policykit-1/polkitd --no-debug
  611 tty7     Rs+    0:02 /usr/bin/X :0 -seat seat0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
  622 ?        Ss     0:00 /sbin/wpa_supplicant -u -s -O /run/wpa_supplicant
  639 ?        S      0:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe
  986 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql
 1009 ?        S      0:00 /sbin/dhclient -d -q -sf /usr/lib/NetworkManager/nm-dhcp
 1420 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd --user
 1421 ?        S      0:00 (sd-pam)  
 1429 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/exim4 -bd -q30m
 1436 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-launch --autolaunch 08a8d598195c40fda5189d
 1437 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --fork --print-pid 5 --print-addres
 1439 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/at-spi2-core/at-spi-bus-launcher
 1444 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --config-file=/etc/at-spi2/accessib
 1447 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/at-spi2-core/at-spi2-registryd --use-gnome-sess
 1453 ?        Sl     0:00 lightdm --session-child 13 22
 1460 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd --user
 1461 ?        S      0:00 (sd-pam)  
 1465 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --daemonize --login
 1467 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/openbox --startup /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/openb
 1491 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/ssh-agent /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-sess
 1494 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session x-session-manag
 1495 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --fork --print-pid 4 --print-addres
 1516 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/policykit-1-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-a
 1518 ?        Ss     0:00 syndaemon -i .5 -K -t -R -d
 1520 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/at-spi2-core/at-spi-bus-launcher
 1524 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --config-file=/etc/at-spi2/accessib
 1528 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/at-spi2-core/at-spi2-registryd --use-gnome-sess
 1535 ?        Ss     0:00 compton -b --vsync opengl
 1542 ?        S      0:00 tint2 -c /home/brady/.config/tint2/tint2rc
 1549 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/pulseaudio --start --log-target=syslog
 1553 ?        Sl     0:00 volumeicon
 1555 ?        Sl     0:00 clipit
 1561 ?        Sl     0:00 conky -c /home/brady/.conkyrc
 1566 ?        Sl     0:00 light-locker
 1567 ?        Sl     0:00 nm-applet
 1571 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd
 1575 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-fuse /run/user/1000/gvfs -f -o big_w
 1576 ?        Ssl    0:00 xfce4-power-manager
 1578 ?        S      0:00 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/xfce4/xfconf/xfconfd
 1582 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/xfce4/notifyd/xfce4-notifyd
 1589 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/upower/upowerd
 1593 ?        S      0:00 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gconf/gconfd-2
 1614 ?        Ss     0:00 /bin/sh -c x-terminal-emulator
 1615 ?        Sl     0:01 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/x-terminal-emulator
 1621 ?        S      0:00 gnome-pty-helper
 1622 pts/0    Ss     0:00 /bin/bash
 1628 pts/0    R+     0:00 ps ax

and 'hosts' file:

$ cat /etc/hosts
cat /etc/hosts
192.168.1.6	reunited-city.com
192.168.1.6	www.reunited-city.com
::1 www.reunited-city.com


# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

Offline

#22 2017-11-03 07:42:40

iMBeCil
WAAAT?
From: Edrychwch o'ch cwmpas
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 521

Re: Host a website

^From 'ps ax' output, I can say that your Apache server (daemon) is not running. (It should be seen as '/usr/sbin/apache2' or similar.)

Did you do:

$ sudo systemctl restart apache2

What was the output of this command?
Can you perhaps inspect apache log files (there are two: one for logging access, another for logging errors)?


Postpone all your duties; if you die, you won't have to do them ..

Offline

#23 2017-11-03 08:31:57

bjmag94
Member
Registered: 2017-11-01
Posts: 42

Re: Host a website

iMBeCil wrote:

^From 'ps ax' output, I can say that your Apache server (daemon) is not running. (It should be seen as '/usr/sbin/apache2' or similar.)

Did you do:

$ sudo systemctl restart apache2

What was the output of this command?
Can you perhaps inspect apache log files (there are two: one for logging access, another for logging errors)?

It brings back a blank command, localhost now works in URL but not my domain name

Offline

#24 2017-11-03 09:11:34

bjmag94
Member
Registered: 2017-11-01
Posts: 42

Re: Host a website

Okay my URL is now loading, but only from inside my network, how do I allow public access?
Do I add to the .conf file?

AllowOverride All
Require all granted

?

Offline

#25 2017-11-03 09:37:34

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!
Registered: 2015-10-03
Posts: 891

Re: Host a website

Thank you, I would pay for hosting but money is tight at the moment, and would rather do it from my own PC, and it doesn't violate my terms with my ISP, I have already been in contact with them.

That's good to hear, me being a less than trusting of many corporate types person. May not take xyz customer service rep at their word either though. Ahhhh sure, you're good go ahead. Another department notices the usage and says, hmmmmm you're not good bud. Could be just overly paranoid on my part.

Either way think learning this stuff locally on your own system is a good starting point anyway. Just read a lot during the process and keep a closer eye, when you finally do get around to making it an actual forward facing accessible box and start opening it up to outside connection. Cause then it'll be exposed to all the web nasties out there trying to hack a persons system(s).

Really don't think it's the end of the world no matter what. Eventually once you're getting more familiar then always have the option of taking it to the next level. Some VPS's which only run a couple bucks a month. If your VPS gets compromised and borked, then it's the providers box that's borked ... not yours. You can always get some kind of support to wipe it and reinstall your VPS OS and start again.

As well as actually having to learn about remote admin'ing the thing with SSH and command line etc. Either way sincerely wishing you best of luck and experience with this. No matter what you're bound to accumulate some valuable skills and tech know how during your efforts.

Possibly also start playing with alternatives like nginx, as the web-server. Meant to but I never made it very far into learning about it. It's still on the 2dork-list though.

Last edited by BLizgreat! (2017-11-03 09:39:06)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB