You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-04 21:42:17

mariojlhm
Member
Registered: 2016-04-27
Posts: 16

[Helium-dev][SOLVED]Openbox keyboard shortcut to reboot/shutdown

I ran:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade --no-install-recommends

and using the keyboard shortcut "meta x" yields the following message from Openbox:

Failed to execute child process "bl-exit" (No such file or directory)

Last edited by damo (2017-08-07 10:57:57)

Offline

#2 2017-08-04 22:18:30

damo
....moderator....
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 5,558

Re: [Helium-dev][SOLVED]Openbox keyboard shortcut to reboot/shutdown

Did you add the helium-dev repo?

bl-exit is now in a separate package, and would have been brought in if you didn't use --no-install-recommends, and used --with-new-pkgs.

Try

sudo apt-get install bunsen-exit

EDIT: note to self - yet another idiosyncracy which we need to document sad


Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

Online

#3 2017-08-07 00:24:09

mariojlhm
Member
Registered: 2016-04-27
Posts: 16

Re: [Helium-dev][SOLVED]Openbox keyboard shortcut to reboot/shutdown

from my /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch main non-free contrib
#deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch main non-free contrib

deb http://security.debian.org/ stretch/updates main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://security.debian.org/ stretch/updates main contrib non-free


deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch-updates main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch-updates main contrib non-free

# added by bl-welcome
# Multimedia repository
deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org stretch main non-free

deb https://kelaino.bunsenlabs.org/~johnraff/debian helium main

Getting it from the repo's worked. I'm going to run apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade without the no recommends flag and see what else I've missed.

Offline

#4 2017-08-07 10:57:29

damo
....moderator....
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 5,558

Re: [Helium-dev][SOLVED]Openbox keyboard shortcut to reboot/shutdown

I'll add [SOLVED] to the title.

It is easy to do yourself though, by editing the title of your first post, if you have a future question which is answered wink


Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

Online

#5 2017-08-08 01:37:19

johnraff
nullglob
From: Nagoya, Japan
Registered: 2015-09-09
Posts: 6,315
Website

Re: [Helium-dev][SOLVED]Openbox keyboard shortcut to reboot/shutdown

I'm puzzled by this entry:

mariojlhm wrote:

from my /etc/apt/sources.list

---
# added by bl-welcome
# Multimedia repository
deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org stretch main non-free
---

bl-welcome no longer offers to add the deb-multimedia repositories, and the obsolete file /usr/lib/bunsen/welcome/add-multimedia-repo (shipped with bunsen-welcome but not used) refers to jessie not stretch. It also uses a file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d rather than editing /etc/apt/sources.list. How did you install the helium-dev system?


...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

Offline

#6 2017-08-09 04:49:58

mariojlhm
Member
Registered: 2016-04-27
Posts: 16

Re: [Helium-dev][SOLVED]Openbox keyboard shortcut to reboot/shutdown

johnraff wrote:

I'm puzzled by this entry:

mariojlhm wrote:

from my /etc/apt/sources.list

---
# added by bl-welcome
# Multimedia repository
deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org stretch main non-free
---

bl-welcome no longer offers to add the deb-multimedia repositories, and the obsolete file /usr/lib/bunsen/welcome/add-multimedia-repo (shipped with bunsen-welcome but not used) refers to jessie not stretch. It also uses a file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d rather than editing /etc/apt/sources.list. How did you install the helium-dev system?

The short answer is...I didn't . I've been running stretch essentially since Jessie went to stable, with the regular bunsen lab repos. It was only when stretch went to stable that I started having problems. I only updated the bunsen repositories to Helium-dev when something else broke.

Last edited by mariojlhm (2017-08-09 04:51:13)

Offline

#7 2017-08-09 04:50:46

mariojlhm
Member
Registered: 2016-04-27
Posts: 16

Re: [Helium-dev][SOLVED]Openbox keyboard shortcut to reboot/shutdown

damo wrote:

I'll add [SOLVED] to the title.

It is easy to do yourself though, by editing the title of your first post, if you have a future question which is answered wink

Apologies...I'm not the most adept at using forums...I will keep it in mind for next time. Thanks again.

Offline

#8 2017-08-09 05:20:30

johnraff
nullglob
From: Nagoya, Japan
Registered: 2015-09-09
Posts: 6,315
Website

Re: [Helium-dev][SOLVED]Openbox keyboard shortcut to reboot/shutdown

BTW I forgot to mention that bl-welcome no longer offers to add the deb-multimedia repo because it's not as useful as it was, while still potentially causing problems. Unless you have a reason to keep it, you might consider commenting-out that line.


...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

Offline

#9 2017-08-11 04:33:21

mariojlhm
Member
Registered: 2016-04-27
Posts: 16

Re: [Helium-dev][SOLVED]Openbox keyboard shortcut to reboot/shutdown

johnraff wrote:

BTW I forgot to mention that bl-welcome no longer offers to add the deb-multimedia repo because it's not as useful as it was, while still potentially causing problems. Unless you have a reason to keep it, you might consider commenting-out that line.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll do so now.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB