You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-16 21:09:43

ghorvath

Printer support

I just checked that bunsen-meta-printer-support depends on cups, cups-pdf, system-config-printer, printer-driver-hpijs and hplip.

Now, cups-pdf, printer-driver-hpijs and hplip all pull in cups, so I am wondering if it is really necessary to make it depending on cups, as well.

Further, cups-pdf is a transitional dummy package only to install printer-driver-cups-pdf. Why not then make the dependency on the real package instead of the dummy one? As far as I see, up to wheezy it was called cups-pdf, and from jessie it is called printer-driver-cups-pdf and cups-pdf is only a dummy package for it.

#2 2015-10-17 09:11:56

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Re: Printer support

ghorvath wrote:

Now, cups-pdf, printer-driver-hpijs and hplip all pull in cups, so I am wondering if it is really necessary to make it depending on cups, as well.

Not really, but since cups is the key package it does no harm to explicitly call for it.

Further, cups-pdf is a transitional dummy package only to install printer-driver-cups-pdf. Why not then make the dependency on the real package instead of the dummy one? As far as I see, up to wheezy it was called cups-pdf, and from jessie it is called printer-driver-cups-pdf and cups-pdf is only a dummy package for it.

Thank you for catching this.
"cups-pdf" was inherited from CrunchBang, and we should update the name, as you suggest.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#3 2015-12-10 08:32:29

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Re: Printer support

Dependency changed to printer-driver-cups-pdf in bunsen-welcome 8.5-1.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

Board footer