You are not logged in.

#51 2016-02-26 02:42:42

spacex
Website

Re: [RELEASE] BunsenLabs 8.3 (Hydrogen) RC2 Live ISOs

damo wrote:

^ The issue is known and has been covered in several places wink The `bl-welcome` script was fixed on github a few days ago smile

"Nothing bad to report" sounds pretty good!

I saw xaos52's reply above here, and his answer is a bit "confusing". He posted the content of "/etc/apt/sources.list" instead of "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-jessie-backports.list". Obviously just by mistake, but hat's why I felt it needed some clarification smile

Study the post and you will see what's wrong smile

Last edited by spacex (2016-02-26 03:03:56)

Regards Spacex(EW)

"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a UNIX user to show you how it's done." — Scott Adams, Dilbert Cartoonist

#52 2016-02-26 09:27:20

torq

damo wrote:

The issue is known and has been covered in several places...

I'm sorry, but I'm not very successfull in finding covered issues in threads useing the search function. Any helpfull hints are appreciated!

Thanx

#53 2016-02-26 12:14:22

pvsage
Internal Affairs

^ We actually have a Bug Reports area in the forum; it's a good place to start looking if you have a...well, a bug.  Of course we appreciate your reporting it, whether you're the first or the hundred-and-first.

Be excellent to each other, and...party on, dudes!
BunsenLabs Forum Rules
Tending and defending the Flame since 2009

#54 2016-03-21 23:10:52

garvint
Website

My computer has AMD components,

does this version of BunsenLabs 8.3 (Hydrogen) RC2 have the kernal 4.x with the proprietary drivers which works best?

#55 2016-03-21 23:15:00

damo
....moderator....

garvint wrote:

My computer has AMD components,

does this version of BunsenLabs 8.3 (Hydrogen) RC2 have the kernal 4.x with the proprietary drivers which works best?

BunsenLabs uses the Stable Debian release - Jessie has the 3.16.0-4 kernel. It is quite easy to install 4.3 from jessie-backports though.

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#56 2016-03-22 18:38:57

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

garvint wrote:

AMD

The latest amdgpu driver is only available from testing/unstable at the moment.
https://packages.debian.org/search?keyw … ection=all

Installing testing/unstable packages in BunsenLabs is not recommended but you can try backporting it yourself by following this guide:
https://wiki.debian.org/SimpleBackportCreation

“Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes.” — Ovid, Metamorphoses, VIII., 18.

Forum Rules   •   How to report a problem   •   Software that rocks

#57 2016-03-23 19:29:36

ghorvath

I know there is a sort of changelog in one of the posts (linked from the op here), but would it be possible to have a more detailed changelog?

I am running bl rc1, always update, but they do not take effect, unless I copy the changed files. Now, I do not want to copy all files from /usr/share/bunsen/skel blindly, I check what has changed, and only copy something if that does not interfere with my own settings. Usually, I merge the skel file with my own version (mostly manually). This could become much more efficient if I knew after a bunsen package update what files have been changed and how.

Thank you for the great effort. I installed rc2 on one of my desktop machines, and I like it so far, not that I did not like rc1. The only thing I dislike is the bl..dy big terminal, that was the very first thing I changed back to the default.

#58 2016-03-23 20:20:39

damo
....moderator....

ghorvath wrote:

... The only thing I dislike is the bl..dy big terminal, that was the very first thing I changed back to the default.

Surely you mean you changed it from the default? I find it is still too small for me, so the first thing I do is make it bigger!

Ref a changelog: if you look at the Repository Index you can see all the current package versions. Many of them are packaged from the github repos, so you can see from the releases what has been changed by directly viewing the commits.

There is also a changelog included in each package ( <package>/debian/changelog ) with the relevant details, which you can view either on github, or by examining the deb in your package cache.

The packaging guys have a lot to do, for which we are all very grateful, and keeping a changelog to include every package change would be very onerous and time-consuming I think.

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#59 2016-03-24 00:42:38

ghorvath

damo wrote:
ghorvath wrote:

... The only thing I dislike is the bl..dy big terminal, that was the very first thing I changed back to the default.

Surely you mean you changed it from the default? I find it is still too small for me, so the first thing I do is make it bigger!

Sorry to disappoint, but I mean I commented out the line about the size. Currently my terminals are nicely organized so that I can even look the relevant parts of my conky, but with the bigger ones, it just uses too much space. There is one situation, when I put the terminal to full screen: when I open a Midnight Commander. But then again, it is full screen, and not something in between.... Anyway, I guess it is only a matter of taste, however the default suits me much better than your bigger size.

#60 2016-03-24 02:01:58

johnraff
nullglob
Website

ghorvath wrote:

I know there is a sort of changelog in one of the posts (linked from the op here), but would it be possible to have a more detailed changelog?

Like this? https://www.bunsenlabs.org/gitlog.html
Auto-generated, and plenty detailed.

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog , Japan Links, idle twitterings  and GitStuff )
In case you forget, the rules.

#61 2016-03-26 21:50:30

ghorvath

johnraff wrote:

Like this? https://www.bunsenlabs.org/gitlog.html
Auto-generated, and plenty detailed.

Actually, this is too detailed. I would like to know what are the installed package changes between RC1 and RC2, what files have been changed. E.g. I only know zenity is dropped for yad, because I installed RC2 just now on a desktop machine, and checked out if the autostart file has changed.

BTW, I can check how the files have been changed, but maybe a short sentence of why that particular file has been changed would be nice. And all this on one page, not on a _long_ page.... ;-)

Also, somehow it only goes back for 5 days for me....

#62 2016-04-29 07:41:20

twoion
ほやほや

The BL Hydrogen stable release is out.

This thread is therefore obsolete.

A silent kite against the blue, blue sky

Board footer