You are not logged in.

#1626 2021-12-10 13:28:02

unklar
Back to the roots 1.9
From: #! BL
Registered: 2015-10-31
Posts: 1,655

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

eight.bit.al wrote:

Personal Observations with ArchLinux Installers

Prompted by; the newest release of Anarchy linux installer.  Version 1.3.4

pacman -Si archinstall
Repositorium             : extra
Name                     : archinstall
Version                  : 2.3.0-1
Beschreibung             : Just another guided/automated Arch Linux installer with a twist
Architektur              : any
URL                      : https://github.com/archlinux/archinstall
Lizenzen                 : GPL3
Gruppen                  : Nichts
Stellt bereit            : python-archinstall
Hängt ab von             : python
Optionale Abhängigkeiten : Nichts
In Konflikt mit          : python-archinstall
Ersetzt                  : python-archinstall
Größe des Downloads      : 152,23 KiB
Installationsgröße       : 656,92 KiB
Packer                   : Giancarlo Razzolini <grazzolini@archlinux.org>
Erstellt am              : Fr 26 Nov 2021 20:50:18 CET
Verifiziert durch        : MD5-Summe  SHA-256-Summe  Signatur

BTW the german archlinux-forum is wondering how this "ops, crap" made it into the official image/repo...   big_smile

Offline

#1627 2021-12-22 08:14:16

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 400

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

I've installed the previous version of AntiX (19) in order to be able to use Portabase with the "old" colours (so easier to read). So far it's all working well.

Offline

#1628 2021-12-24 10:09:35

unklar
Back to the roots 1.9
From: #! BL
Registered: 2015-10-31
Posts: 1,655

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

siduction 2021.3.0 'Wintersky' was released.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas.   smile

Offline

#1629 2021-12-24 10:42:09

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 1,516

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

unklar wrote:

siduction 2021.3.0 'Wintersky' was released.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas.   smile

They still using the Calamares installer?

Last edited by PackRat (2021-12-24 17:54:44)


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

#1630 2021-12-24 11:02:01

mariannemarlow
Member
From: London
Registered: 2017-08-06
Posts: 152
Website

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

Merry Christmas!

Offline

#1631 2021-12-24 11:09:36

unklar
Back to the roots 1.9
From: #! BL
Registered: 2015-10-31
Posts: 1,655

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

PackRat wrote:
unklar wrote:

siduction 2021.3.0 'Wintersky' was released.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas.   smile

They still using the calmares installer?

siduction released wrote:

Plans for Calamares

We are excited to see, that Calamares meanwhile masters the encryption of the installation. As a small Christmas present, during the installation we show a small slideshow with some of our wallpapers from the last 10 years. For the near future, we have more plans with Calamares. We want to release an image where the desktop environment as well as single packages can be selected for it in the installer.

Offline

#1632 2021-12-24 17:56:40

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 1,516

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

^ Thanks

Work in progress ....

Upcoming ArchLabs release

It will be epic  monkey

Last edited by PackRat (2021-12-24 18:07:19)


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

#1633 2021-12-24 20:44:19

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,963
Website

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

PackRat wrote:

It will be epic  monkey

Especially with the extra additions.

Very excited.  I have a feeling this will be one of the best releases since My and Nate's first release.

Thankfully we have some excellent new team members big_smile


I like my Metal like my coffee.......Black!

Offline

#1634 2021-12-25 03:58:59

hhh
Ol' Pink Eyes
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,745
Website

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

Aww, it's a recursive circle jerk. Where's the scrot?

https://archlabslinux.com/get/


Does your physical disability preclude you from coming to the point?

Offline

#1635 2021-12-25 07:49:45

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,963
Website

Offline

#1636 2021-12-25 23:22:10

hhh
Ol' Pink Eyes
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,745
Website

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

^ You've outdone yourself! Cinnamon DE scrot, nice! GNOME too! Cool logo, no fat man there. Not like here...

https://preview.redd.it/hv11hekzu1411.p … bee207aa50

The OB theme is your keeper here, though!

https://scrot.cloud/images/2020/05/04/A … penbox.png


Does your physical disability preclude you from coming to the point?

Offline

#1637 2021-12-25 23:31:37

hhh
Ol' Pink Eyes
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,745
Website

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

The new siduction release, codename 'wintersky' is out. Downloading KDE now, I need to see the new Plasma...

https://siduction.org/2021/12/release-n … wintersky/

Interesting, they've abandoned GTK desktops. Gaa, no torrent links! 2-3 hour downloads that might fail! Run, run!!!!


Does your physical disability preclude you from coming to the point?

Offline

#1638 2021-12-26 02:23:27

hhh
Ol' Pink Eyes
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,745
Website

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

I'm seriously considering installing this to a real partition...

https://i.imgur.com/OpHjJC0.png


Does your physical disability preclude you from coming to the point?

Offline

#1639 2021-12-26 02:24:20

hhh
Ol' Pink Eyes
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,745
Website

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

I'm seriously considering installing this to a real partition...

https://i.imgur.com/OpHjJC0.png


Does your physical disability preclude you from coming to the point?

Offline

#1640 2021-12-26 14:02:20

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 400

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

Just installed the latest preview version of Daedalus (Devuan 5.0), and so far it's working well with no obvious problems except that so far there's no sound.

You now get a choice of three systemd alternatives when you install, OpenRC, Sysinit V (which I went for) and runit.

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2021-12-27 00:06:08)

Offline

#1641 2021-12-26 16:32:01

eight.bit.al
Member
From: Prison
Registered: 2015-10-01
Posts: 1,148

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

^ Pics or it didn't happen. wink

Come'on. You can do it. smile

8bit


In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Offline

#1642 2021-12-26 19:13:48

jeffreyC
Member
Registered: 2019-09-07
Posts: 86

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

hhh wrote:

The new siduction release, codename 'wintersky' is out.

Interesting, they've abandoned GTK desktops.

Not entirely, they still offer Xfce.

Offline

#1643 2021-12-26 20:26:03

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 400

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

eight.bit.al wrote:

^ Pics or it didn't happen. wink

Come'on. You can do it. smile

8bit

The procedure hasn't really changed from the Beowulf install (3.1);

https://www.devuan.org/os/documentation … installing

I couldn't duplicate that myself, even if I had a photo hosting service to use. I used manual partitioning so I had a different short series of steps to follow from the ones shown here at 10/ and 11/, but otherwise it's pretty much the same.

I'd want to see whether or not the sound problem is fixable before I start recommending Daedalus though (it's not a finished release).

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2021-12-27 00:05:44)

Offline

#1644 2021-12-27 01:50:15

hhh
Ol' Pink Eyes
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,745
Website

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

jeffreyC wrote:
hhh wrote:

The new siduction release, codename 'wintersky' is out.

Interesting, they've abandoned GTK desktops.

Not entirely, they still offer Xfce.

Oh, snap! You're very correct!

https://mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/s … rsky/xfce/


Does your physical disability preclude you from coming to the point?

Offline

#1645 2021-12-27 02:06:11

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...
From: In Linux Land
Registered: 2017-05-28
Posts: 1,426

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

Colonel Panic wrote:
eight.bit.al wrote:

^ Pics or it didn't happen. wink

Come'on. You can do it. smile

8bit

The procedure hasn't really changed from the Beowulf install (3.1);

https://www.devuan.org/os/documentation … installing

I couldn't duplicate that myself, even if I had a photo hosting service to use. I used manual partitioning so I had a different short series of steps to follow from the ones shown here at 10/ and 11/, but otherwise it's pretty much the same.

I'd want to see whether or not the sound problem is fixable before I start recommending Daedalus though (it's not a finished release).

have you tried posting on the Devuan forums about the sound issue? Perhaps others might have had the same problem and maybe came up with a solution.


Real Men Use Linux

Offline

#1646 2021-12-27 02:07:12

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...
From: In Linux Land
Registered: 2017-05-28
Posts: 1,426

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

hhh wrote:

I'm seriously considering installing this to a real partition...

https://i.imgur.com/OpHjJC0.png

That looks good and I may go with the plain fluxbox (Xorg) flavor.


Real Men Use Linux

Offline

#1647 2021-12-27 08:42:40

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 400

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

DeepDayze wrote:
Colonel Panic wrote:
eight.bit.al wrote:

^ Pics or it didn't happen. wink

Come'on. You can do it. smile

8bit

The procedure hasn't really changed from the Beowulf install (3.1);

https://www.devuan.org/os/documentation … installing

I couldn't duplicate that myself, even if I had a photo hosting service to use. I used manual partitioning so I had a different short series of steps to follow from the ones shown here at 10/ and 11/, but otherwise it's pretty much the same.

I'd want to see whether or not the sound problem is fixable before I start recommending Daedalus though (it's not a finished release).

have you tried posting on the Devuan forums about the sound issue? Perhaps others might have had the same problem and maybe came up with a solution.

Thanks for replying. Haven't yet, I've only just installed. I'll have a look at it later and if I can't fix it that's the next step.

Offline

#1648 2021-12-28 10:09:07

hhh
Ol' Pink Eyes
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,745
Website

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

I installed siduction wintersky KDE, it was too nice not to...

https://i.imgur.com/2GIBsFq.png


Does your physical disability preclude you from coming to the point?

Offline

#1649 2021-12-28 13:49:19

ceeslans
Member
Registered: 2015-09-30
Posts: 117

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

hhh wrote:

I installed siduction wintersky KDE, it was too nice not to...
2GIBsFqt.png

Are mods now exempt from forum guidelines regarding acceptable thumbnail dimensions ...
devil

Last edited by ceeslans (2021-12-28 15:10:04)

Offline

#1650 2021-12-28 15:15:32

eight.bit.al
Member
From: Prison
Registered: 2015-10-01
Posts: 1,148

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

200.gif

8bit wink


In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB