You are not logged in.

#26 2021-10-29 02:13:20

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Re: BunsenLabs Beryllium experimental packages are available

I think b-u was kept back because it has a couple of new dependencies. Try explicitly requesting its installation with

sudo apt install bunsen-utilities

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#27 2021-10-29 09:31:23

johnraff
nullglob
Website

bunsen-welcome 11.1-1 has been uploaded.

This incorporates a number of improvements:
*) Scrolling between windows instead of clearing, so you can go back to previous pages. Many thanks to @eight.bit.al for this!
*) Checking of configured debian repos and offering to fix missing stuff. This should be good for people who install offline and end up with some necessary sources missing.
*) No popup terminal on login for people without sudo privileges - ie users added post-install. Only confusing, and they can still run 'bl-welcome' to see a message about why they need sudo.
*) Various bugfixes and other small improvements.

It's a big script and there's still a chance bugs remain so please give it a try. Comment out bits of your sources lists  and see if it fixes them OK...

#28 2021-10-29 10:40:46

rbh

johnraff wrote:

bunsen-welcome 11.1-1 has been uploaded.

This incorporates a number of improvements:
*) Scrolling between windows instead of clearing, so you can go back to previous pages. Many thanks to @eight.bit.al for this!

A text how to go back to previos pages, is needed.

*) Checking of configured debian repos and offering to fix missing stuff. This should be good for people who install offline and end up with some necessary sources missing.

Good to check repositorys. But, I cot complaints about one of my local stored repos:

You have some unknown repositories enabled:
   [local adress]/ftp.acc.umu.se/debian bullseye-proposed-updates/main amd64 Packages

"Inxi -r" reports:

deb [arch=amd64] [local adress]/ftp.acc.umu.se/debian/ bullseye-proposed-updates non-free contrib main

No complaint about non-free and contrib...

I mirror and use local repos on that computer:
bullseye, bullseye-backports, bullseye-updates, bullseye-proposed-updates, bullseye-security, kelaino[...]beryllium and syncthing

After changing source to

https://ftp.acc.umu.se/debian/ bullseye-proposed-updates non-free contrib main

bl-welcome still reports just main to be unkown.

// Regards rbh

Please read before requesting help: Guide to getting help,
Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop and other help topics under "Help Resources" on the BunsenLabs menu

#29 2021-10-29 11:11:53

johnraff
nullglob
Website

^That's OK.
"Unknown" doesn't mean wrong, just that bl-welcome doesn't know about it. There's no check for proposed-updates at the moment.
So it's not a complaint, just asking the user if they are sure they want that repo. If they do, that's fine.

It's intended to catch leftover entries that belonged to a previous release, or some private repo that the user might have enabled long ago and then forgotten.

But I could add {codename}-proposed-updates to the list of Debian repos to check for. That should keep it from appearing as "unknown" at least. @rbh maybe you could post the output of 'apt-cache policy' on your machine, perhaps in both cases - using local repos and with https sources? It would help me choose the right strings to use.

I'm not sure what the script's policy ought to be for local repos, in fact. Can they be verified like official Debian repos? Maybe the script should just tell the user it found them, and then carry on, the same as with "unknown" repos?

The "contrib" and "non-free" checks are only done on Debian, Debian Security and Debian Updates. Those are the cases that might be missing just after an install, and would interfere with package installs (especially Debian main). Other repos installed by hand by the user afterwards can be left as their own responsibility I think.

The main reasons this functionality was added were these two cases:
1) Offline installs with Debian-Installer (or the BL installer) result in sources lists missing the main Debian repository.
2) Installs from the Debian netinstaller will not enable contrib and non-free by default, and users sometimes forget to add them.
Both those cases have occurred multiple times up to now, and the new bl-welcome is expected to be able to deal with them.

@rbh thanks for the feedback. It helps a lot!

#30 2021-10-29 15:21:47

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...

You could also add any 3rd party repos  as well for BL welcome to catch and ask user if they are still used or not and offer to delete any that are stale or old if user opts not to keep them.

Real Men Use Linux

#31 2021-10-29 16:30:28

rbh

I am just now updating that box to bookworm...
Has a little tight scheme just now.
I can run 'apt-cache policy' on my default desktop later, but will edit out everything but debian repos.
I have not examined the script, Does it not search for Release file?

// Regards rbh

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop and other help topics under "Help Resources" on the BunsenLabs menu

#32 2021-10-29 17:29:46

unklar
Back to the roots 1.9

johnraff wrote:

But basically, take it for a spin - save your current theme setup, try some of the preinstalled themesets, change your themes/icons/conkys and save that as a new BLOB, restore what you had before - no nasty surprises or odd events? Anything that needs polishing in the user experience?

@John, Thank you, for this excellent work.  smile

I tested this earlier and can tell you, everything was restored with my setup. No surprises. Just as it should be.
I took a few pictures to go with it.
Not quite sure if the BLOB manager wanted to save the chosen "crunchbang-theme" finally also under my setup "flight", which I refused as a precaution. But I can also be wrong...

In detail, my setup:flug11_AltRestauriert.th.png

Save Settings:flug1_Auswahl.th.pngflug2.th.pngComparison of the differences on the example "Conky" and "tint2" flug3Conky.th.png flug4tint2.th.png new topic "Crunchbang" flug5No_restore_now.th.png flug6Alle.th.png the missing icon theme "Faenza" is installed afterwards flug7.th.png flug8_run.th.png password for the greeter is required flug9.th.png Voila! flug10_finish.th.pngflug11_AltRestauriert.th.png BINGO!  big_smile

Last edited by unklar (2021-10-29 17:42:02)

#33 2021-10-29 19:57:08

rbh

johnraff wrote:

^That's OK.
"Unknown" doesn't mean wrong, just that bl-welcome doesn't know about it.

Yes, i know, but all official sources for Debian and Bunsenlabs should be known by bl-welcome.

So it's not a complaint, just asking the user if they are sure they want that repo.

Some semantics...

But I could add {codname}-proposed-updates to the list of Debian repos to check for.

Yes, I think it can avoid unnesessary confusion.

@rbh maybe you could post the output of 'apt-cache policy' on your machine, perhaps in both cases - using local repos and with https sources? It would help me choose the right strings to use.

It is no difference with http or https. First policy for al local repos, then for only security. Actual ip replaced.

”Package”-filer:
 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     release a=now
  500 Local.adres/mirror/eu.pkg.bunsenlabs.org/debian beryllium/main amd64 Packages
     release o=bunsenlabs,a=beryllium,n=beryllium,l=bunsenlabs,c=main,b=amd64
     origin Local.ip
 500 Local.adres/mirror/kelaino.bunsenlabs.org/~johnraff/debian beryllium/main amd64 Packages
     release o=bunsenlabs,a=beryllium,n=beryllium,l=bl_beryllium_experimental,c=main,b=amd64
     origin Local.ip
 500 Local.adres/mirror/security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security/main amd64 Packages
     release v=11,o=Debian,a=stable-security,n=bullseye-security,l=Debian-Security,c=main,b=amd64
     origin Local.ip
 500 Local.adres/ftp.acc.umu.se/debian bullseye-proposed-updates/main amd64 Packages
     release v=11-updates,o=Debian,a=proposed-updates,n=bullseye-proposed-updates,l=Debian,c=main,b=amd64
     origin Local.ip
 500 Local.adres/ftp.acc.umu.se/debian bullseye-updates/main amd64 Packages
     release v=11-updates,o=Debian,a=stable-updates,n=bullseye-updates,l=Debian,c=main,b=amd64
     origin Local.ip
 100 Local.adres/ftp.acc.umu.se/debian bullseye-backports/non-free amd64 Packages
     release o=Debian Backports,a=bullseye-backports,n=bullseye-backports,l=Debian Backports,c=non-free,b=amd64
 500 Local.adres/mirror/eu.pkg.bunsenlabs.org/debian beryllium/main amd64 Packages
     origin Local.ip
 500 Local.adres/mirror/kelaino.bunsenlabs.org/~johnraff/debian beryllium/main amd64 Packages
     release o=bunsenlabs,a=beryllium,n=beryllium,l=bl_beryllium_experimental,c=main,b=amd64
     origin Local.ip
 500 Local.adres/mirror/security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security/main amd64 Packages
     release v=11,o=Debian,a=stable-security,n=bullseye-security,l=Debian-Security,c=main,b=amd64
     origin Local.ip
 500 Local.adres/ftp.acc.umu.se/debian bullseye-proposed-updates/main amd64 Packages
     release v=11-updates,o=Debian,a=proposed-updates,n=bullseye-proposed-updates,l=Debian,c=main,b=amd64
     origin Local.ip
 500 Local.adres/ftp.acc.umu.se/debian bullseye-updates/main amd64 Packages
     release v=11-updates,o=Debian,a=stable-updates,n=bullseye-updates,l=Debian,c=main,b=amd64
     origin Local.ip
 100 Local.adres/ftp.acc.umu.se/debian bullseye-backports/non-free amd64 Packages
     release o=Debian Backports,a=bullseye-backports,n=bullseye-backports,l=Debian Backports,c=non-free,b=amd64
     origin Local.ip
 100 Local.adres/ftp.acc.umu.se/debian bullseye-backports/contrib amd64 Packages
     release o=Debian Backports,a=bullseye-backports,n=bullseye-backports,l=Debian Backports,c=contrib,b=amd64
     origin Local.ip
 100 Local.adres/ftp.acc.umu.se/debian bullseye-backports/main amd64 Packages
     release o=Debian Backports,a=bullseye-backports,n=bullseye-backports,l=Debian Backports,c=main,b=amd64
     origin Local.ip
 500 Local.adres/ftp.acc.umu.se/debian bullseye/non-free amd64 Packages
     release v=11.1,o=Debian,a=stable,n=bullseye,l=Debian,c=non-free,b=amd64
     origin Local.ip
 500 Local.adres/ftp.acc.umu.se/debian bullseye/contrib amd64 Packages
     release v=11.1,o=Debian,a=stable,n=bullseye,l=Debian,c=contrib,b=amd64
     origin Local.ip
 500 Local.adres/ftp.acc.umu.se/debian bullseye/main amd64 Packages
     release v=11.1,o=Debian,a=stable,n=bullseye,l=Debian,c=main,b=amd64
     origin Local.ip
500 http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security/main amd64 Packages
     origin security.debian.org

And last, just for the sake of it; http://kelaino...

500 [url]http://kelaino.bunsenlabs.org/~johnraff/debian[/url] beryllium/main amd64 Packages
     origin kelaino.bunsenlabs.org

I'm not sure what the script's policy ought to be for local repos, in fact. Can they be verified like official Debian repos?

If they could not, I would not have any use of my mirrors.

Maybe the script should just tell the user it found them, and then carry on, the same as with "unknown" repos?

If I had the bandwith, I could have added my mirrors to Debian list of mirrors... Everyting at ftp.acc.umu.se, is verified aginst upstream servers. My content is also verified. So, that is a bad idea.

The "contrib" and "non-free" checks are only done on Debian, Debian Security and Debian Updates. Those are the cases that might be missing just after an install, and would interfere with package installs (especially Debian main).

Here I am lost. I think that bl-welcome for beryllium/bullseye, should know the bullseye/stable suite and all components (main, contrib and nonfree).

Other repos installed by hand by the user afterwards can be left as their own responsibility

Yes.

// Regards rbh

#34 2021-10-30 01:41:33

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Thanks to everybody for the feedback!

rbh wrote:

I have not examined the script, Does it not search for Release file?

A couple more responses later, but first to explain the script's inner workings a bit:

Instead of trying to directly parse sources lists, it talks to apt and gets all its information via apt's own mechanisms. The main source is the output of 'apt-cache policy' which lists up all the sources that apt was able to find, including the information got from (yes @rbh) the downloaded Release files. But the files are downloaded by apt, not directly by the script.

Here's the Debian Security entry that @rbh posted - they're all in this form:

500 http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security/main amd64 Packages
     origin security.debian.org

The v, o, a, n, l, c, b (version origin archive/suite codename label component architecture) values on the second line (and occasionally the uri on the first line) are what we use - in fact only o, n, l and c are enough to determine exactly what repo/suite/component it is.
(See man apt_preferences for explanations of those values.)

Deb Security goes through a change between buster and bullseye which makes it necessary to check l (label) to distinguish between security and updates on Lithium. In fact this script is intended for Beryllium but I tried to make it backward-compatible just in case we wanted to backport it to Lithium later.

An array is generated holding everything found in 'apt-cache policy' - all "known" repos are given a name, the others are "unknown_1" etc.

Checking algorithm:
1) Look for Debian, Debian Security and Debian Updates ("main" component here) and offer to add any of those three that are missing. Others (like Debian Backports, and OK Debian Proposed Updates too) are just silently added to the array if found. User gets to choose: Add automatically, or Exit now and do the editing by hand. Continuing without them is not an option for bl-welcome.

2) Again for  Debian, Debian Security and Debian Updates, check if "contrib" and "non-free" are also found, and if not, offer to add them. This time user can choose: Add, Exit and edit yourself, or Continue without them. Some users might not want non-free software.

3) Any repositories that are not "known" are added to the "unknown" list and reported to the user:

bl-welcome wrote:

You have some unknown repositories enabled:
$unknown_list
If you are aware of these and want to go on using them, you can continue.
Otherwise, you might want to exit this script now and investigate
/etc/apt/sources.list and /etc/apt/sources.list.d
before running 'bl-welcome' again.

Choice this time is Continue or Exit.

---
A complication is that if a certain release/component repository holds no packages, then apt will not download a Release file and there's no entry in 'apt-cache policy' and no element in the array. This happens right now with Debian_Security/contrib for example, giving a false negative result. If user added "contrib" again, apt would complain about the double entry. But we still want the user to have "contrib" enabled in case packages arrive later, so it's necessary to check the local situation without asking apt to download anything. Not simple unless you resort to parsing the sources.list files after all. neutral Finally (this took some days of googling and thinking) I found 'apt-get indextargets --no-release-info' which can tell us what we need to know, though it's not simple. (See Acquire additional files in 'update' operations for detail.) With that, it's possible to check for contrib and non-free but it depends on already having the source uri from a valid 'policy' entry, usually the corresponding "main" repo.

So it's all quite complicated and right now I don't feel inclined to add any extra functionality beyond simple additions to the framework that already exists. After all, bl-welcome is intended to be run only once or twice, to help new users get their system set up. I think now we have the two main itchy spots scratched: missing Debian Main after an offline install, and missing contrib non-free after a default Debian Installer install. Advanced users who edit their repository sources can be left alone.

---
If you want to see the code, the bunsen-welcome page apt-update-check-upgrade runs a function checkRepos() which in turn uses getRepoStatus() and checkAptTargets() which are defined on the bl-welcome root page because they're also used elsewhere, like when adding backports.

Last edited by johnraff (2021-10-30 05:29:47)

#35 2021-10-30 01:46:44

johnraff
nullglob
Website

DeepDayze wrote:

You could also add any 3rd party repos  as well for BL welcome to catch and ask user if they are still used or not and offer to delete any that are stale or old if user opts not to keep them.

3rd party repos will be displayed as "unknown_<number>" along with the source line (the first line in the policy entry) so users can identify them. For now, let's leave it at that, and let the user delete them by hand?

#36 2021-10-30 01:57:39

johnraff
nullglob
Website

rbh wrote:

...all official sources for Debian and Bunsenlabs should be known by bl-welcome.

Agreed. Let's add bullseye-proposed-updates. Are there any others?

@rbh maybe you could post the output of 'apt-cache policy' on your machine

First policy for al local repos, then for only security. Actual ip replaced.

”Package”-filer:
 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     release a=now
     origin Local.ip
etc...

Thanks! So it looks as if local repos are detected OK.

Scrolling between windows instead of clearing, so you can go back to previous pages.

A text how to go back to previous pages, is needed.

Good point. The current documentation is quite sparse. (See 'man bl-welcome' or 'bl-welcome -h')

What else could usefully be added there?

#37 2021-10-30 12:45:21

rbh

johnraff wrote:
rbh wrote:

...all official sources for Debian and Bunsenlabs should be known by bl-welcome.

Agreed. Let's add bullseye-proposed-updates. Are there any others?

No. Lets keep oficial Debian repos like debian-debug, out. When running bl-welcome on bullseye/stable, the skript should recognize:

With stable means both bullseye and stable.
debian/ stable main contrib non-free
debian/ stable-backports main contrib non-free
debian/ stable-updates main contrib non-free
debian/ stable-proposed-updates main contrib non-free
and
security.debian.org/...

What else could usefully be added there?

In the script or the manpage...

Maybe something like:

This script makes a sanity-check of your sources. It is not bulletproof. Still god that you know your sources. Command "inxi -r", lists them.

// Regards rbh

#38 2021-10-30 21:47:21

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...

johnraff wrote:
DeepDayze wrote:

3rd party repos will be displayed as "unknown_<number>" along with the source line (the first line in the policy entry) so users can identify them. For now, let's leave it at that, and let the user delete them by hand?

Fair enough and that sounds good.

Real Men Use Linux

#39 2021-10-31 05:15:18

johnraff
nullglob
Website

rbh wrote:

In the script or the manpage...
Maybe something like:

This script makes a sanity-check of your sources. It is not bulletproof. Still god that you know your sources. Command "inxi -r", lists them.

Looks good. Maybe a terse description of other pages too.

But, let's bear in mind that hardly anybody will read the documentation anyway. The welcome popup comes just after installation, so really needs to be self-explanatory as much as possible.

(One more possible thing to add to bl-welcome before Beryllium: a "firmware" page, offering to install and run isenkram-cli.
https://www.debian.org/releases/bullsey … led-system )

#40 2021-10-31 07:19:41

rbh

johnraff wrote:

(One more possible thing to add to bl-welcome before Beryllium: a "firmware" page, offering to install and run isenkram-cli.

Yes, sounds good.

// Regards rbh

#41 2021-10-31 15:40:17

sleekmason
zoom
Website

johnraff wrote:

----

That is one cool program! Gave good info showing I was missing some firmware. Gave specific info as to which firmware was missing/needed. Checked for the missing firmware, found nothing to do, and exited. No extra file added to /etc/apt/sources.list.d.

Don't know if that is because it couldn't find the missing firmware, or because I have non-free sources already enabled. 

Good stuff. Easy list to hunt down what I need smile

#42 2021-11-12 05:13:13

johnraff
nullglob
Website

I just did a plain Debian CLI install (no non-free firmware) on an oldish Thinkpad. Because the needed wireless firmware (iwlwifi*) was missing it had to be done with a wired connection, but post-install I installed isenkram-cli (2MB d/l - 9MB on disk) and ran 'sudo isenkram-autoinstall-firmware'. It discovered the missing firmware, added the missing "config" and "non-free" to apt sources and installed:
firmware-iwlwifi
firmware-misc-nonfree
firmware-realtek
cool
If this works equally well for other hardware then it might allow us to drop large firmware bundles from the default BL install. Especially for the squashed "CD" iso it might help get the size down a bit.

Last edited by johnraff (2021-11-13 10:26:00)

#43 2021-11-12 13:36:56

manyroads
Website

FWIW @johnraff I tried installing firmware-misc-non-free using apt on MX21 and it was not located. Perhaps there's a typo?!?!?

Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - http://many-roads.com  Professional Genealogist
dwm & i3wm ~ Reg. Linux User #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

#44 2021-11-12 14:35:52

unklar
Back to the roots 1.9

apt policy firmware-misc-nonfree
firmware-misc-nonfree:
  Installiert:           20190114-2
  Installationskandidat: 20190114-2
  Versionstabelle:
 *** 20190114-2 500
        500 https://deb.debian.org/debian buster/non-free i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

#45 2021-11-12 15:00:58

manyroads
Website

@unklar It turns out that the package is installed by MX. It was just that sudo apt install was not happy with the name. Sorry for the confusion. I

Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - http://many-roads.com  Professional Genealogist
dwm & i3wm ~ Reg. Linux User #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

#46 2021-11-13 10:25:28

johnraff
nullglob
Website

^and sorry for the typo! smile

#47 2021-11-22 06:27:10

johnraff
nullglob
Website

bunsen-welcome 11.2.1-1 is now in the repo.

Apart from adding a firmware page using isenkram-cli, the apt sources check no longer reports proposed-updates as "unknown" and 'man bl-welcome' has been slightly extended (thanks @rbh for suggestions). Some bits of text have also been tweaked here and there.

Anyone who can check it out - there's still time to incorporate small improvements. smile

#48 2021-11-22 18:44:03

unklar
Back to the roots 1.9

Here the script says goodbye already with call of the page 2 without comment.
The message from the log:

------------------------------------------------------[ page 2 of 16 ]-------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE SOFTWARE SOURCES, CHECK SOURCES AND UPGRADE INSTALLED PACKAGES
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Before we can continue, we need to make sure your system's software is up-to-date. This script will execute the commands:

sudo apt-get update
      sudo apt-get upgrade --with-new-pkgs

It will also check your configured apt sources to make sure that all necessary repositories are available.

If you do not want to upgrade now, you can run this welcome script any time later in a terminal with the command "bl-welcome"

Would you like to upgrade your software? [Y/n] 
Hit:1 https://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/debian bullseye InRelease
Hit:2 https://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security InRelease
Hit:3 https://kelaino.bunsenlabs.org/~johnraff/debian beryllium InRelease
Reading package lists...
  Finished update

Checking apt sources... 

Checked repositories status.
Data:
declare -A repo_status=([debian_contrib]=" 500 https://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/debian bullseye/contrib amd64 Packages" [bunsen_main]=" 500 https://kelaino.bunsenlabs.org/~johnraff/debian beryllium/main amd64 Packages" [debian_main]=" 500 https://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/debian bullseye/main amd64 Packages" [debian_non-free]=" 500 https://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/debian bullseye/non-free amd64 Packages" [deb_sec_main]=" 500 https://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security/main amd64 Packages" )

contrib was found missing from bullseye-security + https://security.debian.org/debian-security in apt policy - checking local configs

bullseye-security contrib found in user apt sources

non-free was found missing from bullseye-security + https://security.debian.org/debian-security in apt policy - checking local configs

bullseye-security non-free found in user apt sources

/usr/lib/bunsen/welcome/apt-update-check-upgrade: Zeile 39: repo_status[${repo}_main] ist nicht gesetzt.

My Repos

inxi -r
Repos:     Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list 
           1: deb https://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/debian/ bullseye main non-free contrib
           2: deb-src https://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/debian/ bullseye main non-free contrib
           3: deb https://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security main contrib non-free
           4: deb-src https://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security main contrib non-free
           Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bunsen.list 
           1: deb https://kelaino.bunsenlabs.org/~johnraff/debian beryllium main

It is also impractical that the log does not start at line 1. It continues the entries of all previous "script calls".
Maybe a new bunsen-welcome could delete the old log of the predecessor first.   smile

#49 2021-11-23 02:43:59

johnraff
nullglob
Website

^ Many thanks @unklar, you've found a bug.  yikes

Luckily, this one should be easy to fix:

unklar wrote:
/usr/lib/bunsen/welcome/apt-update-check-upgrade: Zeile 39: repo_status[${repo}_main] ist nicht gesetzt.

OK guessing Zeile=line and 'nicht gesetzt'=unset, the problem is indeed on line 39:

if [[ -z ${repo_status[${repo}_main]} ]]

If any of debian/debian security/debian updates are missing, the variable is unset, which causes the script to error out because of

set -o nounset # do not accept unset variables

at the top of /usr/bin/bl-welcome. Just changing that line to

if [[ -z ${repo_status[${repo}_main]-} ]]

Should convert the unset variable to an empty variable and fix it. I'm puzzled, though how I managed to test this script without hitting that bug already. roll Maybe it came in during a rewrite? Anyway, I'll push up a fixed bunsen-welcome today, and thanks again!

BTW the script will try to add debian-updates to your sources. Is there some reason you've left them out? Generally, they're good to have.
---

About the log file. In the past we thought about deleting old logs, but considering most users won't run bl-welcome more than once or twice, the consensus was that it was useful to keep the previous output for bugtracking.

But, it would help if the new session was easier to find, so let's add another line-break or two before

bl-welcome wrote:

Starting bl-welcome for <user> at <date>

and maybe a line of hashmarks too:
##############################################################################

#50 2021-11-23 04:42:34

johnraff
nullglob
Website

bunsen-welcome 11.2.2-1
Uploaded. Any more bug reports always welcome!

Board footer