You are not logged in.

#41 2020-08-03 21:05:29

lamarca
Member
From: rio de janeiro
Registered: 2015-11-27
Posts: 467
Website

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

Congratulations!

Offline

#42 2020-08-03 23:22:06

rickster1006
Member
Registered: 2018-05-08
Posts: 14

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

Really fantastic job!  Thank you!!  I can’t wait to install this to my prehistoric Toshiba Satellite!

Offline

#43 2020-08-03 23:32:09

randomeur
Member
From: Berlin, Germany
Registered: 2015-10-03
Posts: 42

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

congrats for another solid release.

Offline

#44 2020-08-04 00:43:35

johnraff
nullglob
From: Nagoya, Japan
Registered: 2015-09-09
Posts: 8,971
Website

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

I knew this was ready to come out, but have been in the mountains fighting the wild animals and hyper-mould the last three days...

Anyway,

gABSxKZ.gif

Sorry to keep you all waiting so long. We'll make ultra-efforts to get Beryllium out a bit closer to Debian Bullseye! Lithium had a lot of changes, so maybe we're closer already. smile


...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

Offline

#45 2020-08-04 10:05:49

unklar
Back to the roots 1.9
From: #! BL
Registered: 2015-10-31
Posts: 1,762

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

^... and I was travelling in Austria.
I had guessed it before.  big_smile

Congratulations to the team for this excellent work. I have just installed the 64bit-ISO as my new (administrative) multiboot system. No errors occurred.  smile

eaQwHfUt.png

Thanks!

Offline

#46 2020-08-04 12:57:39

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...
From: In Linux Land
Registered: 2017-05-28
Posts: 1,545

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

unklar wrote:

^... and I was travelling in Austria.
I had guessed it before.  big_smile

Congratulations to the team for this excellent work. I have just installed the 64bit-ISO as my new (administrative) multiboot system. No errors occurred.  smile

https://imgur.com/eaQwHfUt.png

Thanks!

Wow, so many distros you got installed there...sounds like fun.


Real Men Use Linux

Offline

#47 2020-08-04 14:12:48

coneng
New Member
Registered: 2020-06-27
Posts: 2

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

Bunsenlabs Linux is a hidden gem
great job all

Offline

#48 2020-08-04 16:53:32

unklar
Back to the roots 1.9
From: #! BL
Registered: 2015-10-31
Posts: 1,762

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

DeepDayze wrote:

Wow, so many distros you got installed there...sounds like fun.

There are only nine. Three of them will go soon, who were only on the metal for testing purposes.

Well, not "many."   lol  lol

Offline

#49 2020-08-04 17:23:25

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...
From: In Linux Land
Registered: 2017-05-28
Posts: 1,545

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

unklar wrote:
DeepDayze wrote:

Wow, so many distros you got installed there...sounds like fun.

There are only nine. Three of them will go soon, who were only on the metal for testing purposes.

Well, not "many."   lol  lol

Ahh, I see. Bare metal is the way to go for testing as VMs don't give you that "feel" but are a good first test before putting them on bare metal for hammering on.

I have another box I'll use as a bare metal testing box and I'll probably have many distros in my grub list  as well big_smile big_smile


Real Men Use Linux

Offline

#50 2020-08-04 18:28:37

kozimodo
Member
Registered: 2015-10-04
Posts: 96

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

Congrats!

Online

#51 2020-08-05 03:09:52

orionH
Member
Registered: 2017-11-15
Posts: 31

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

Congratulations team, well done!

Offline

#52 2020-08-05 05:02:03

cherkie
Member
From: Poland
Registered: 2018-08-09
Posts: 107

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

woop, woop! congratulations! I moved to pure debian a while back but BL - never forget.


I don't have patience or skill to dig deep enough every time system breaks itself or when I break something because of lack of patience and skill.
nore, 23 Feb 2019

Offline

#53 2020-08-05 08:40:25

yunn
Member
From: Madrid
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 67
Website

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

Congratulations team !!. It's a great job

Offline

#54 2020-08-05 11:32:04

exe
Member
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 103

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

Congrats and Thanks !

Offline

#55 2020-08-05 17:21:51

hhh
Colonel Robert Neville
From: That honky paradise, brother.
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 13,069
Website

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

cherkie wrote:

woop, woop! congratulations! I moved to pure debian a while back but BL - never forget.

I'm also running pure Debian stable cinnamon at the moment. It's what #! creator and solo developer @corenominal recommended (not cinnamon, but debian or another major linux distro) when he announced "The End." But this BL release is the bomb for Openbox.

Thanks to everyone for their congratulations and good wishes, it means a lot to us.

---

Distrowatch has mirrored our announcement...

https://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issu … 3#released

Screenshot caption... 'The long-awaited BunsenLabs Lithium introduces "jgmenu" for Openbox'

Nice.


You know, you used to be a nice guy once.

Offline

#56 2020-08-05 18:07:08

rbh
Moderator
From: Sweden/Vasterbotten/Rusfors
Registered: 2016-08-11
Posts: 1,513

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

Info also updated on https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/BunsenLabs.
Release info also exported to https://planet.debian.org/deriv/ date: 2/8.

Last edited by rbh (2020-08-05 18:07:45)


// Regards rbh

Please read before requesting help: Guide to getting help,
Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop and other help topics under "Help Resources" on the BunsenLabs menu

Offline

#57 2020-08-05 18:49:49

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...
From: In Linux Land
Registered: 2017-05-28
Posts: 1,545

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

hhh wrote:
cherkie wrote:

woop, woop! congratulations! I moved to pure debian a while back but BL - never forget.

I'm also running pure Debian stable cinnamon at the moment. It's what #! creator and solo developer @corenominal recommended (not cinnamon, but debian or another major linux distro) when he announced "The End." But this BL release is the bomb for Openbox.

Thanks to everyone for their congratulations and good wishes, it means a lot to us.

---

Distrowatch has mirrored our announcement...

https://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issu … 3#released

Screenshot caption... 'The long-awaited BunsenLabs Lithium introduces "jgmenu" for Openbox'

Nice.

I know that some BL users have had a variety of issues with installing and  running BL and their input and feedback is surely welcomed and perhaps the future Beryllium release will be another great leap forward for BL in making BL a worthy distro that's just the ticket smile


Real Men Use Linux

Offline

#58 2020-08-06 00:51:38

hhh
Colonel Robert Neville
From: That honky paradise, brother.
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 13,069
Website

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

Thanks to @johnraff for that.

Release info also exported to https://planet.debian.org/deriv/ date: 2/8.

All first posts in the News & Announcements forum are automatically forwarded to Planet Debian/Derivatives. big_smile


You know, you used to be a nice guy once.

Offline

#59 2020-08-06 05:44:09

lamarca
Member
From: rio de janeiro
Registered: 2015-11-27
Posts: 467
Website

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

johnraff wrote:

get Beryllium out ....

Beryllium, 4Be https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beryllium
Lithium is a great job.

Offline

#60 2020-08-06 16:34:20

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...
From: In Linux Land
Registered: 2017-05-28
Posts: 1,545

Re: [STABLE RELEASE] BunsenLabs Lithium Official ISOs

lamarca wrote:
johnraff wrote:

get Beryllium out ....

Beryllium, 4Be https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beryllium
Lithium is a great job.

While Lithium was a long slog think Beryllium will be less troublesome due to the new release infrastructure the dev team has built during Lithium's development. It should then be easier to add new features and enhancements down the line.

Wayland maybe???


Real Men Use Linux

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB