You are not logged in.

#21 2022-03-02 05:06:50

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Re: [Solved] Menu => System 2 errors

^No it was never fixed. I was unable to reproduce the issue and was waiting for some more feedback.

rbh wrote:

The following failed:

mhwaveedit
libreoffice-writer
libreoffice-impress
libreoffice-draw
viewnior
gpicview

To confirm: attempted to install via the pipemenu, or calling bl-install directly (both should work of course)?

PS what is your x-terminal-emulator?

EDIT:
I just updated an old VM install of 32bit Lithium, and was not able to reproduce the issue. Tested with mhwaveedit, viewnior and LO writer from menu>system>Install Selected Packages: in all cases the terminal window opened, ran apt update then offered to install the package. Viewnior installed OK - I aborted the others but they looked fine too.

Could it be you need to do an apt update/upgrade?

Last edited by johnraff (2022-03-02 06:07:06)

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#22 2022-03-02 13:17:37

rbh

On the 32bit system, I have tried to install "Favorite packages", both from the menu and y command "/usr/bin/bl-install-pipemenu --install [package-name]" and just "bl-install-pipemenu --install [package-name]". No difference. Tested both in default terminal URxvt and lxterminal. I ought to have tested the bug both before and after update/upgrade packages.

Tested live session Lithium64  (and of cource not updating packages). Tested all scripts in list above. They started ok.

Made a new install of 64 bit iso. Ok to start installation of libreoffice-impress, but the other in the above list, did not work.
After updating, no difference from before. Still problem installing packages in the above list, using bl-install-pipemenu, either from the menu or comamndline as above.

Only tested Virtualbox VM's. Will tomorow test a real computer. (Should not be any difference...)

// Regards rbh

Please read before requesting help: Guide to getting help,
Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop and other help topics under "Help Resources" on the BunsenLabs menu

#23 2022-04-29 16:04:09

rbh

John found the bug. Regex library for Swedish does not include the letter w, so the test [a-z] on mhwaveedit will fail.

When changing row 155 in bunsen-common from

[[ $i =~ ^[a-z0-9][a-z0-9+.-]+$ ]] || {

to

[[ $i =~ ^[[:lower:][:digit:]][[:lower:][:digit:]+.-]+$ ]] || {

bl-install works ok.

// Regards rbh

Please read before requesting help: Guide to getting help,
Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop and other help topics under "Help Resources" on the BunsenLabs menu

#24 2022-04-30 05:51:32

johnraff
nullglob
Website

The fix is applied in bunsen-common 11.1.1-1,
now uploaded to the beryllium experimental repos.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

Board footer