You are not logged in.

#26 2020-07-24 16:23:47

Sector11
Conky 1.9er Mod Squid

Re: [SOLVED] How to move a conky?

@ John

They are suppose to disappear with "normal" that's the point.

Sorry, but I read a post where you stated you were setting all BL conkys to "desktop".

Don't worry about it.  I do not use the scripts.  I am quiite happy with [Alt]+Click and move.

The sun will never set if you keep walking towards it. - my son
Being positive doesn't understand physics.

#27 2020-07-24 17:03:24

rbh

johnraff wrote:

Just tested, and with window_type "normal" conkys they disappear with Win+D and then return, just like other windows. I thought the issue was that users wanted to use Win+D in order to see their conkys when covered by apps?

Wery weird... I just found out that my left side conky, can have setting "own_window_type = 'desktop',", desktop on conky still clickable and throing up jgmenu and the conky is shown after Win+D.
Right conky behaves normaly and block jgmenu with setting "own_window_type = 'desktop',".

// Regards rbh

#28 2020-07-25 01:34:43

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Sector11 wrote:

They are suppose to disappear with "normal" that's the point.

Yes, I understand this, but @hhh (and some users I think) requested that the conkys should not disappear with Win+D. They preferred it that way, and no-one objected at the time, so:

...I read a post where you stated you were setting all BL conkys to "desktop".

In fact the request to change to "desktop" came some time before that post, but because it would stop bl-conkymove from working (damo and?) I weren't keen. An improvement to the script made any window_type possible, so it could go ahead. That's why I just implemented it and asked afterwards - it was a long-standing request.

But that's just the default BL conky files, and doesn't mean that bl-conkymove, or any other conky scripts, should mess with settings that users have made. If you find any such case, it's a bug, and a report is very welcome. smile

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

Board footer