You are not logged in.

#26 2018-11-14 16:20:42

damo
....moderator....

Re: [SOLVED] Mouse on touchpad behaves weirdly

man libinput
man 4 libinput

Looks like you are using libinput to manage your touchpad. Try reading the documentation, and changing your settings.

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#27 2018-11-14 16:46:52

iMBeCil
WAAAT?

thia11 wrote:

I notice some things are significantly different than on your computer. Like button scrolling button, methods available, I don't have disable while typing, and accel stuff is different, and I have a "profile". Why are my settings so fucky?

Fucky glasses  big_smile settings? Because, I have macbook pro, which is I suppose a bit more advanced than your asus hardware.

Frankly, you shouldn't take my values too seriously as a reference values, because these might really be strongly manufacturer dependent.

Anyway, as several people here already suggested, now it is up to you to find the values for particular setting, which will make your touchpad working nicely  wink So, go, play  big_smile

Postpone all your duties; if you die, you won't have to do them ..

#28 2018-11-14 19:40:53

thia11

Sooo, is this a bug or a feature? Does Debian has the same problem? Did my touchpad mess it up, or should bunsenlabs have some kind of correctly pre-configured profile ready? Can I change to synaptics or something? I sure ain't gonna change these things line by line, tapping in the dark. I need the config file so I can black it up in case I mess up, but there are like 7 locations where it could be, and I can't find it.

Maybe I should just give up and use it as bad as it is. This is why I don't like linux. You always have to fix stuff for a few weeks until everything works correctly. Yea, yea, I know I picked the most obscure distro there is, but cmon, it's the same on most I've tried. There is always something... It's annoying after like the 10th distro. I always end up with a massive text file full of "things to fix after installation", but I then never go back to the distro so that's useless anyway >;(

#29 2018-11-14 20:35:19

damo
....moderator....

Read the next few posts from https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic … 741#p27741, and read the link in post#4 (change back to synaptic).

On a more general note, if you choose relatively light distros like Bunsenlabs then you must expect to do some configuration yourself (especially on old or very new hardware). To avoid that you can install something that has tons of possible configurations, built by a large organisation with a lot of developers, along with the consequent package bloat. On saying that, you seem to have old hardware so you may just have to suck it up.

If you are frustrated by this, then stick to 'buntu, or Mint, or Windows.

#30 2018-11-15 07:06:37

ohnonot
...again
Website

thia11 you now have sevaeral people helping you.
i admit, it's confusing, but it's up to you to read and re-read any advice given and act upon it and report back.
e.g. the dmesg output is still missing.
but i don't think we need it anymore, because your xinput output shows that your touchpad is quite configurable.
it is now up to you to find out how to manipulate these options to suit your needs!
i gave you an example earlier - it was just an example to show how tricky that is. one mistyped letter, and the option likely will be ignored.
so please don't tell us "i tried and it didn't work".
for each try, show us

• the article yiou used for documentation, and which part of it

• the full command and

• its full output

• explain the outcome

#31 2018-11-15 10:17:22

thia11

ok, guys, thanks very much for the effort.

$ xinput --set-prop 11 'libinput Accel Speed' 1

kinda worked. I think the mouse feels a bit better. But DisableWhileTyping, not Disable While Typing, nor Disable While Typing Enabled work, so I guess, that's it. I already added the step-by step instructions how to get your device id, and how to fix acceleration into my massive "things to fix" text file, so that's that. Episodes like this really make me hate Linux, and using the terminal also because I'm afraid I'll brick something. But now I finally set up my rig after 2 weeks of back and forth and random fixes, so it will be good now I think.

Thanks again. smile

#32 2018-11-15 10:21:33

thia11

thia11 wrote:

ok, guys, thanks very much for the effort.

kinda worked. I think the mouse feels a bit better. But DisableWhileTyping, not Disable While Typing, nor Disable While Typing Enabled don't work and I always get an error, so I guess, that's it. I already added the step-by step instructions how to get your device id, and how to fix acceleration into my massive "things to fix" text file, so that's that. Episodes like this really make me hate Linux, and using the terminal also because I'm afraid I'll brick something. But now I finally set up my rig after 2 weeks of back and forth and random fixes, so it will be good now I think.

Thanks again. smile

Edit: I quoted myself. Don't you just love forums... xDDD I dunno how to delete it

Last edited by thia11 (2018-11-15 10:22:45)

#33 2018-11-15 10:48:10

damo
....moderator....

^ Choose "Edit" if you want to edit your post.

If you think the question is solved, then if you also edit the title of your first post, and add "[SOLVED]" it may help others looking for answers.

#34 2018-11-16 20:03:04

ohnonot
...again
Website

thia11 wrote:

kinda worked.

strange.
i just posted this as an example to show how one sets properties with xinput; the setting itself has very little to do with your problem, and i don't even know if the touchpad is on the same id number in your case.
what i (and others) really meant was that you should make an effort to research things with the hints we give you. not ready-made solutions.

Board footer