You are not logged in.

#151 2016-10-30 18:30:46

Nili
Website

Re: October 2016 Screenshots

martix wrote:

Apropos conky: I have a task monitor in conky (using most ressources and ram) and there is a process called "sh". So far I just could not figure out what it is.

I think some apps or services started without ecex interpreted as "sh". I had a similar case not long time ago, [See my edits], I identified that i started my window manager as "spectrwm" not as "exec spectrwm" the same happens with conky if i call conky function without exec notice a "sh" on htop, top or other task manager.

Just see on the code where "exec" is missing, add it the "sh" will go itself after.

Nili

Devuan | Fluxbox
---
Nothing beats peace and quiet - Tomoki Sakurai

#152 2016-10-30 18:38:25

damo
....moderator....

martix wrote:

... I'm not sure how easy it would be to get used to it when moving open windows from one desktop to the other. This is why I still like tint2 (and because of the easy overview regarding open windows).... smile

The overview is nice but you there are Openbox keybinds for cycling through the contents of the desktops, moving windows etc.  Look for the settings for SendToDesktop, GoToDesktop etc

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#153 2016-10-31 20:42:50

martix
Kim Jong-un Stunt Double

@damo Yes, that's a neat feature with the keybinds, like shift+alt+arrows to move the window to the next/previous desktop, etc.  What I often use though with tint2 is left click on the icon and just pull it on an other desktop. I tried all the DEs and I just stick with openbox+tint(+conky). It just feels right. The only thing I miss is some kind of 3D animation (like cube) when switching the desktops (on #! it could be configured with the help of a debian package called 3ddesktop).

Nili wrote:

Just see on the code where "exec" is missing, add it the "sh" will go itself after.

Nili

Thank you for pointing out that thread! This process was just bugging me, because I had no idea what it is and how to figure out why it is there.

Board footer