You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-18 14:12:55

linux_user

Does anyone trade here?

Hi,

Does anyone here have the habit of trading? Forex, futures, shares, commodities, etc....?

"Blind faith to authority is the greatest enemy of truth."

#2 2020-02-18 17:46:39

twoion
ほやほや

Re: Does anyone trade here?

I do. I mostly own individual stock, stock ETFs (majority), corporate bond ETFs, and gold certificates. Occasional I'm also fielding calls, puts, turbo bull/bear certs and bonus certs. It's also my favourite hobby ATM. So much to learn.

Wahllos schlägt das Schicksal zu / heute ich und morgen du.

#3 2020-02-24 12:34:41

linux_user

^ What is the trading platform and indicators that you use?

I am trying out Forex trading with demo accounts. Stocks, bonds and other instruments seem very far away from me at this very point. Moreover, I think Forex seems to be the right place to get rewarded for high risks with ultra low budget. big_smile

"Blind faith to authority is the greatest enemy of truth."

#4 2020-02-25 20:24:57

twoion
ほやほや

linux_user wrote:

^ What is the trading platform and indicators that you use?

I am trying out Forex trading with demo accounts. Stocks, bonds and other instruments seem very far away from me at this very point. Moreover, I think Forex seems to be the right place to get rewarded for high risks with ultra low budget. big_smile

I'm just using my banks' brokers. These also have demo depots which I use to track the performance of interesting combinations. I'm planning to switch to Interactive Brokers (or an alternative that I haven't found yet) because I want to move all my holdings out of my country of residence sooner or later.

Generally, I'm not using indicators in the technical sense but a mixed strategy of holding securities long and adding/selling based on DD/opinion.

Regarding selling/buying, the strategy is essentially "Let gains run up until they don't, then sell; don't catch falling swords and don't hope that a stock will someday go up even if it doesn't right now". I'm using a couple of spreadsheets  to calculate stop loss prices and/or selling signals based on past performance and my preferences, but I don't algotrade (yet). All orders are manual.

I track my entire portfolio using this software and some custom programmed tools: https://www.portfolio-performance.info/portfolio/. (it also has an incomplete English translation.).

My option plays, turbo bear/bull certs and suchlike are pretty much a sideshow and belong right next to gambling, although sometimes I like pretending I know what I'm doing.

(And yes, I'm guilty of hanging out on r/wallstreetbets.)

Wahllos schlägt das Schicksal zu / heute ich und morgen du.

Board footer