You are not logged in.

#176 2019-08-09 03:38:26

cog

Re: What are you watching right now?

McClintock

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLintock!

Last edited by cog (2019-08-09 03:40:30)

10% of The Fishermen Catch 90% of The Fish

#177 2019-08-09 05:32:15

ohnonot
...again
Website

Jessica99 wrote:

Stuber
A detective recruits his Uber driver into an unexpected night of adventure.
Link

The movie is apparently crap, the download link is clearly fake/spam/phishing/etc.
Reported.

Similar things could be said about The Magicians.
I was talking to some friends about how I liked Harry Potter and would like to see more in that vein.
Some person warmly recommended this show, saying it's like "Harry Potter for young adults".
Yes, I can see how that is true. Launched four years after the last Potter Movie, starring (and catering to) the exact age group of Deathly Hallows + 4 years, and taking all the structural elements of the Harry Potter story:

• A school for magicians, now a university called Brakebills (the name "Hogwarts" is delightfully ambiguous, I don't see any of that in "Brakebills", do you?)

• a main crew of 2 couples plus one or two more

• some sort of mission against an evil magician

Etc. etc., there's many more parallels on the surface, but all this is wrapped around a very mediocre american action soap opera with a plot that is questionable from the very beginning and gets boring after a few episodes (constantly shifting conspiracies, the end goal grows distant with each step they take towards it etc.).

The characters seem like 2-dimensional copies of Harry Potter characters - just one example: the meek yet sexy, large-breasted and bespectacled (nerdy) Alice. Yuck.

If you truly crave a follow-up not to the costumes but to the spirit of Harry Potter, "Fantastic Beasts and how to Find Them" (2 full length movies) is a much better fit.

#178 2019-08-09 14:40:23

clusterF

I am a sucker for romantic type movies, especially ones set in ages past. Well acted for the most parts imo.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (2018)

In the aftermath of World War II, a writer forms an unexpected bond with the residents of Guernsey Island when she decides to write a book about their experiences during the war.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289403/

Last edited by clusterF (2019-08-09 14:42:35)

Everything not saved will be lost.

--Nintendo "Quit Screen" message

Board footer