You are not logged in.

#26 2018-11-06 12:41:48

brontosaurusrex
Middle Office
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,596

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

^ The beauty of virtualbox is that when you shutdown the engine is like it never happened.

Offline

#27 2018-11-06 14:58:00

nore
>2⁹
From: blueberry bush
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 389

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

brontosaurusrex wrote:

There was a whole thread about this message in Reddit. "Nice files you have here. It'd be a shame if something were to happen to them."

Offline

#28 2018-11-06 15:04:09

S7.L
Member
Registered: 2018-09-16
Posts: 102

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

Some greenish theming, deviantart colors and such. Im running Devuan Ascii on the Crows Openbox spin at the moment.

2018-11-07--1541514924_1366x768_scrot.th.png 2018-11-07--1541516006_1366x768_scrot.th.png


"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate."...Voilà!

~ V

Offline

#29 2018-11-06 15:15:49

S7.L
Member
Registered: 2018-09-16
Posts: 102

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

nore wrote:
brontosaurusrex wrote:

There was a whole thread about this message in Reddit. "Nice files you have here. It'd be a shame if something were to happen to them."

LOL

Love this one...

Screen: Quick! We've passed POST What should I display?
Hard Drive: Tell them "All your files are exactly where you left them"
Screen: But what about...
CPU: Shut the fuck up and keep stalling!


"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate."...Voilà!

~ V

Offline

#30 2018-11-07 18:56:13

ohnonot
...again
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 3,201
Website

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

nore wrote:

There was a whole thread about this message in Reddit. "Nice files you have here. It'd be a shame if something were to happen to them."

is windows really displaying these messages, or are they ingeniously funny fakes?
"Kiss your passwords goodbye" --- wtf?
i guess i've been out of the loop for too long.

also, can't the sentence "Leave everything to us" be misread as "Give us all your possesions"?
i thought microsoft was spending substantial amounts of money on consumer psychology research?

PS:
Q: Why does it have to eat all of my 16 GB of ram every day, tough?
A: It eats 16 GB of your ram because you don't have more.
big_smile

Last edited by ohnonot (2018-11-07 18:59:55)

Offline

#31 2018-11-08 01:44:58

hhh
That's easy!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 6,128
Website

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

ohnonot wrote:

also, can't the sentence "Leave everything to us" be misread as "Give us all your possesions"?

MICROCATS: ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

Brian Eno Win XP login jingle plays

Online

#32 2018-11-08 04:01:31

nore
>2⁹
From: blueberry bush
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 389

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

ohnonot wrote:

is windows really displaying these messages, or are they ingeniously funny fakes?

No. Yes. But "leave everything" is real, funny and scary by its own.

Offline

#33 2018-11-08 06:41:57

ohnonot
...again
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 3,201
Website

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

onlain wrote:

I share my own too, just for fun (default helium's theme is beautiful)

https://cdn.scrot.moe/images/2018/11/05/Gaia---screenshot.th.png

you might want to consider not using three dashes in filenames.
noscript addon apparently doesn't like that (nio idea why).
see here for more info.
actually i think i'll file a bug report or issue.

Offline

#34 2018-11-09 09:35:27

MW2K
Member
From: NSW, Australia
Registered: 2016-10-23
Posts: 15

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

Screenshot_20181109_202547.th.png Screenshot_20181109_202428.th.png

KDE neon 5.14, running Haiku R1 32 bit in a KVM just for a playaround. This is my gaming/music computer (I run Bunsenlabs on my laptop and older Athlon desktop). Quite impressed with 5.x Plasma. It's fast, it uses minimal memory and, dare I say it, it's pretty. It's beginning to leave Gnome far behind is look and feel, functionality, etc. At least I think so.

Wallpaper from wallhaven.cc

Offline

#35 2018-11-09 16:41:51

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 820

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

Screenshot_2018-11-09_11-36-48.th.png

openbox + tint2 + jgmenu

Using the psuinfo script for the tint2 executors.


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

#36 2018-11-09 17:45:49

malm
jgmenu developer
Registered: 2016-10-13
Posts: 228
Website

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

@PackRat looking good.
Have you got the tint2rc for that?

Offline

#37 2018-11-09 19:48:32

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 820

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

malm wrote:

@PackRat looking good.
Have you got the tint2rc for that?

I'll put it on the ArchLabs site later today; youngest doing some Gimp right now so no access to that computer.

tint2rc available here

Last edited by PackRat (2018-11-09 20:07:30)


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

#38 2018-11-09 23:27:14

cherkie
Member
Registered: 2018-08-09
Posts: 64

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

finished install on my laptop.

decided to go very minimal and matching, but I think I will venture into crazy stuff soon.

Screenshot_2018-11-09_23-25-48.th.png

Offline

#39 2018-11-09 23:41:13

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,971
Website

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

cherkie wrote:

finished install on my laptop.

decided to go very minimal and matching, but I think I will venture into crazy stuff soon.

https://cdn.scrot.moe/images/2018/11/10/Screenshot_2018-11-09_23-25-48.th.png

Looks great, just change the colour of that separator in tint2 and it will be perfect!


I like my Metal like my coffee.......Black!

Offline

#40 2018-11-10 00:00:18

hhh
That's easy!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 6,128
Website

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

MW2K wrote:

KDE neon 5.14, running Haiku R1 32 bit in a KVM just for a playaround. This is my gaming/music computer (I run Bunsenlabs on my laptop and older Athlon desktop). Quite impressed with 5.x Plasma. It's fast, it uses minimal memory and, dare I say it, it's pretty. It's beginning to leave Gnome far behind is look and feel, functionality, etc. At least I think so.

I've been saying this since I installed 5.13 on Debian a couple of months ago.

We've had a few people posting KDE scrots recently... we used to have none, so apparently there's some agreement. Also, we've always had GNOME scrots but I haven't seen many lately, though HoaS not being here anymore is part of the reason.

Online

#41 2018-11-10 11:25:45

S7.L
Member
Registered: 2018-09-16
Posts: 102

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

Bunsened my artix openbox install, complete with modified wallpaper. Thanks to all who make Bunsenlabs, it is a very visually appealing distro imo.

Im using the rounded corners patch here. Not as good as xfce4 or mate but close.

Screenshot_2018-11-10_21-10-47.th.png Screenshot_2018-11-10_21-18-50.th.png

Last edited by S7.L (2018-11-10 11:27:28)


"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate."...Voilà!

~ V

Offline

#42 2018-11-10 13:05:03

cherkie
Member
Registered: 2018-08-09
Posts: 64

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

Dobbie03 wrote:
cherkie wrote:

finished install on my laptop.

decided to go very minimal and matching, but I think I will venture into crazy stuff soon.

https://cdn.scrot.moe/images/2018/11/10/Screenshot_2018-11-09_23-25-48.th.png

Looks great, just change the colour of that separator in tint2 and it will be perfect!

Oh crap. The separator colour was matching to border of an active window. I hadn't realised how odd it looks.

Will change soon!

Also thinking about horizontal conky just under the panel bar.

Also would like to find/ request flat Bunsen wallpaper. Not sure I have seen one in wallpapers.

Offline

#43 2018-11-10 13:16:34

S7.L
Member
Registered: 2018-09-16
Posts: 102

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

@ cherkie, can i ask how you did the weather part of your conky? i really like that.


"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate."...Voilà!

~ V

Offline

#44 2018-11-10 13:41:51

damo
....moderator....
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 4,389

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

cherkie wrote:

...
Also would like to find/ request flat Bunsen wallpaper. Not sure I have seen one in wallpapers.

Have a look at the BL DeviantArt collection (see my sig) for some possibilities.

There is a lot of image resources on our github: bunsen-images-extra.  This includes various transparent icon/text images which you could easily place on top of a flat coloured background.


Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

Online

#45 2018-11-10 15:56:25

cherkie
Member
Registered: 2018-08-09
Posts: 64

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

S7.L wrote:

@ cherkie, can i ask how you did the weather part of your conky? i really like that.

printf "%s: \${alignr} %s\nTemp: \${alignr} %s\nMax Temp: \${alignr} %s\nPressure: \${alignr} %s\nWind: \${alignr}  %s\nHumidity: \${alignr} %s\nCloud cover: \${alignr} %s\n" "$city" "$description" "$temperature" "$temperature_max" "$pressure" "$windspeed" "$humidity" "$cloud_cover"

That's my script. At the bottom part of your conky you have a part about bunsenweather and I have followed all commented steps. smile

aaaand conky is horizontal!

Screenshot_2018-11-10_16-02-17.th.png

... but now I have realised that date is in american format. m/d/y.

Last edited by cherkie (2018-11-10 16:06:23)

Offline

#46 2018-11-10 18:21:32

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,971
Website

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

cherkie wrote:
S7.L wrote:

@ cherkie, can i ask how you did the weather part of your conky? i really like that.

printf "%s: \${alignr} %s\nTemp: \${alignr} %s\nMax Temp: \${alignr} %s\nPressure: \${alignr} %s\nWind: \${alignr}  %s\nHumidity: \${alignr} %s\nCloud cover: \${alignr} %s\n" "$city" "$description" "$temperature" "$temperature_max" "$pressure" "$windspeed" "$humidity" "$cloud_cover"

That's my script. At the bottom part of your conky you have a part about bunsenweather and I have followed all commented steps. smile

aaaand conky is horizontal!

https://cdn.scrot.moe/images/2018/11/10/Screenshot_2018-11-10_16-02-17.th.png

... but now I have realised that date is in american format. m/d/y.

That scrot is bang on!  Nice work.  Love that conky too.


I like my Metal like my coffee.......Black!

Offline

#47 2018-11-10 19:32:53

unklar
Member
Registered: 2015-10-31
Posts: 735

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

hhh wrote:
MW2K wrote:

KDE neon 5.14, running Haiku R1 32 bit in a KVM just for a playaround. This is my gaming/music computer (I run Bunsenlabs on my laptop and older Athlon desktop). Quite impressed with 5.x Plasma. It's fast, it uses minimal memory and, dare I say it, it's pretty. It's beginning to leave Gnome far behind is look and feel, functionality, etc. At least I think so.

I've been saying this since I installed 5.13 on Debian a couple of months ago.

We've had a few people posting KDE scrots recently... we used to have none, so apparently there's some agreement. Also, we've always had GNOME scrots but I haven't seen many lately, though HoaS not being here anymore is part of the reason.

terminals.th.png


Personally I find 2500 packages not really convincing...
Unfortunately it's not so easy to uninstall some of them without disassembling the whole system hmm

At the moment I don't understand why the terminals handle neofetch so differently.   devil

Offline

#48 2018-11-10 19:40:21

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,971
Website

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

unklar wrote:
hhh wrote:
MW2K wrote:

KDE neon 5.14, running Haiku R1 32 bit in a KVM just for a playaround. This is my gaming/music computer (I run Bunsenlabs on my laptop and older Athlon desktop). Quite impressed with 5.x Plasma. It's fast, it uses minimal memory and, dare I say it, it's pretty. It's beginning to leave Gnome far behind is look and feel, functionality, etc. At least I think so.

I've been saying this since I installed 5.13 on Debian a couple of months ago.

We've had a few people posting KDE scrots recently... we used to have none, so apparently there's some agreement. Also, we've always had GNOME scrots but I haven't seen many lately, though HoaS not being here anymore is part of the reason.

https://cdn.scrot.moe/images/2018/11/10/terminals.th.png


Personally I find 2500 packages not really convincing...
Unfortunately it's not so easy to uninstall some of them without disassembling the whole system hmm

At the moment I don't understand why the terminals handle neofetch so differently.   devil


Thats nice!  I should check out Siduction one of these days.

I know what you mean about Neofetch and terminals.  So far urxvt has been the most reliable there for me.


I like my Metal like my coffee.......Black!

Offline

#49 2018-11-11 09:38:14

nore
>2⁹
From: blueberry bush
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 389

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

Playing with Algodoo on Wine.
Kuvakaappaus_2018-11-11_11-34-51.th.png
I'm almost ready to take back every bitter word I've ever said about Wine.

Offline

#50 2018-11-11 14:07:33

Nili
Member
From: $HOME/♫♪
Registered: 2015-09-30
Posts: 867
Website

Re: November 2018 Screenshots

44914199945_6638b01184_n.jpg
Openbox | DeaDBeeF | FEH | conky-std | Qogir-theme | Hedra Icons


Nothing beats peace and quiet. - Tomoki Sakurai

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB