You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-09 21:11:52

cloverskull

Audio post-processing, similar to Boom for OSX?

Hey guys,

Is there some type of audio post-processing (preferably to interface with Pulse) which can adjust EQ levels of audio signals prior to them hitting speakers/headphones?

On OSX I use the Boom2 application which really does seem to effectively enrich the sound coming out of my computer. I can notice a difference with and without this application on, to the point where listening to computer audio without Boom2 all sounds like tin cans to me.

So, is there anything like this floating around out there that anyone knows about?

Thanks!

#2 2017-11-09 22:32:32

twoion
ほやほや

Re: Audio post-processing, similar to Boom for OSX?

I don't really understand what that Boom thingy does, it looks like pretty pictures.

Is it an equalizer? There are equalizers for Pulseaudio (just look), or ALSA (alsaequal w/ mbeq or caps equalizer, or LADSPA plugin). Does it apply HRTFs? Then you can use OpenAL to apply HRTFs to your audio output. If it's some sort of adaptive transparent audio filter, like an equalizer on steroids, then you could look into using Pulseaudio with ffmpeg filters via ffmpeg devices or pipes.

A silent kite against the blue, blue sky

#3 2017-11-09 22:56:43

cloverskull

Re: Audio post-processing, similar to Boom for OSX?

Yeah, it's basically an equalizer. I think I may be on the right track, actually, with pulse. I'm going to write up another howto.

FWIW these howtos are useful for me when I consistently blow-away-and-reinstall like, once per month tongue

Board footer