You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-08 10:19:47

kieron3886

[SOLVED] How Can I right-click with my Touchpad?

Hello Everyone,

I have looked everywhere in the system but can't find the option. I just need to know where I can find the option to change it.

My external mouse is behaving weird (probably dying). Usually on Ubuntu or Debian I am able to right click on my Touchpad by either tapping two fingers on the touchpad, OR touching the bottom right corner.

Currently this does not work, How can I enable this on Bunsenlabs?

Sorry If this has been asked before. I couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Last edited by twoion (2016-07-08 11:17:15)

#2 2016-07-08 10:32:12

earlybird
ほやほや
Website

Re: [SOLVED] How Can I right-click with my Touchpad?

Change the synclient invocation in Openbox' autostart file to (or add the options to the list)

synclient TapButton2=3 TapButton3=2 ClickFinger2=3 ClickFinger3=2

This will produce a right click when either tapping with two or physically clicking with two fingers, and produce a middle click when tapping with three or clicking with three fingers.

You can run the command in the console to apply the settings immediately.

Check out this related thread: https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=1917.

#3 2016-07-08 11:11:00

kieron3886

Re: [SOLVED] How Can I right-click with my Touchpad?

madoromi wrote:

Change the synclient invocation in Openbox' autostart file to (or add the options to the list)

synclient TapButton2=3 TapButton3=2 ClickFinger2=3 ClickFinger3=2

This will produce a right click when either tapping with two or physically clicking with two fingers, and produce a middle click when tapping with three or clicking with three fingers.

You can run the command in the console to apply the settings immediately.

Check out this related thread: https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=1917.

Thank you! This worked.

Board footer