You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-06 13:49:26

twoion
ほやほや
Registered: 2015-08-10
Posts: 2,675

BL support now available in upstream screenfetch

Support for BL has been merged into screenfetch: #246/#348.

Just FYI, since the issue came up a number of times in different threads.


Wahllos schlägt das Schicksal zu / heute ich und morgen du.

Offline

#2 2016-05-06 19:30:59

Head_on_a_Stick
Member
From: London
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 8,759
Website

Re: BL support now available in upstream screenfetch

Can we have this in the BL repositories?

The Debian jessie version will never support BL sad

Also, neofetch already supports BunsenLabs (how did they know?!):
https://github.com/dylanaraps/neofetch#debian


“Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes.” — Ovid, Metamorphoses, VIII., 18.

Forum Rules   •   How to report a problem   •   Software that rocks

Offline

#3 2016-05-07 05:19:27

twoion
ほやほや
Registered: 2015-08-10
Posts: 2,675

Re: BL support now available in upstream screenfetch

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

Can we have this in the BL repositories?

The Debian jessie version will never support BL sad

Also, neofetch already supports BunsenLabs (how did they know?!):
https://github.com/dylanaraps/neofetch#debian

I might package both screenfetch and neofetch. Though neofetch is not accurate; it reports

                   -`                   joj@rinne
                  .o+`                  ---------
                 `ooo/                  OS: Arch Linux x86_64
                `+oooo:                 Kernel: 4.4.5-1-zen
               `+oooooo:                Uptime: up 2 days, 13 hours, 14 minutes
               -+oooooo+:               Packages: 1634
             `/:-:++oooo+:              Shell: /bin/bash
            `/++++/+++++++:             Resolution: 1920x1080
           `/++++++++++++++:            DE: kde
          `/+++ooooooooooooo/`          Theme: Breeze
         ./ooosssso++osssssso+`         Icons: Emoticonsbreeze
        .oossssso-````/ossssss+`        CPU: Intel Core i5-4210U (4) @ 2.7GHz
       -osssssso.      :ssssssso.       GPU: Intel Integrated Graphics
      :osssssss/        osssso+++.      Memory: 3200MB / 7868MB
     /ossssssss/        +ssssooo/-       
   `/ossssso+/:-        -:/+osssso+-                            
  `+sso+:-`                 `.-/+oso:                                            
 `++:.                           `-/+/   
 .`                                 `/

for dwm and a weird icon theme name while screenfetch

                   -`
                  .o+`                 joj@rinne
                 `ooo/                 OS: Arch Linux 
                `+oooo:                Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.4.5-1-zen
               `+oooooo:               Uptime: 2d 13h 14m
               -+oooooo+:              Packages: 1634
             `/:-:++oooo+:             Shell: bash 4.3.42
            `/++++/+++++++:            Resolution: 1920x1080
           `/++++++++++++++:           WM: dwm
          `/+++ooooooooooooo/`         GTK Theme: Ambiance [GTK2/3]
         ./ooosssso++osssssso+`        Icon Theme: breeze
        .oossssso-````/ossssss+`       Font: Noto Sans 11
       -osssssso.      :ssssssso.      CPU: Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 2.7GHz
      :osssssss/        osssso+++.     GPU: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Mobile 
     /ossssssss/        +ssssooo/-     RAM: 2748MiB / 7868MiB
   `/ossssso+/:-        -:/+osssso+-  
  `+sso+:-`                 `.-/+oso: 
 `++:.                           `-/+/
 .`                                 `/

knows better. Using XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP is not enough sad


Wahllos schlägt das Schicksal zu / heute ich und morgen du.

Offline

#4 2016-05-07 19:29:49

oswriter
Member
Registered: 2016-01-21
Posts: 21

Re: BL support now available in upstream screenfetch

Neofetch works fine on my system, although it thinks the DE is XFCE.

        `++         smoliva@toshiba
      -yMMs         ---------------
    `yMMMMN`        OS: BunsenLabs GNU/Linux 8.4 (Hydrogen) x86_64
   -NMMMMMMm.       Kernel: 3.16.0-4-amd64
  :MMMMMMMMMN-      Uptime: up 1 hour, 57 minutes
 .NMMMMMMMMMMM/     Packages: 1223
 yMMMMMMMMMMMMM/    Shell: /bin/bash
`MMMMMMNMMMMMMMN.   DE: XFCE
-MMMMN+ /mMMMMMMy   WM: Openbox
-MMMm`   `dMMMMMM   WM Theme: Bunsen-Blue-Dark
`MMN.     .NMMMMM.  Theme: Bunsen [GTK2/3]
 hMy       yMMMMM`  Icons: Vibrancy-Dark-Blue [GTK2/3]
 -Mo       +MMMMN   CPU: AMD E1-2100 APU (2) @ 1.0GHz
  /o       +MMMMs   GPU: AMD KabiniRadeon HD 8210
           +MMMN`   Memory: 1088MB / 3320MB
           hMMM:     
          `NMM/                             
          +MN:                           
          mh.        
         -/

Offline

#5 2016-05-08 06:05:57

twoion
ほやほや
Registered: 2015-08-10
Posts: 2,675

Re: BL support now available in upstream screenfetch

oswriter wrote:

Neofetch works fine on my system, although it thinks the DE is XFCE.

        `++         smoliva@toshiba
      -yMMs         ---------------
    `yMMMMN`        OS: BunsenLabs GNU/Linux 8.4 (Hydrogen) x86_64
   -NMMMMMMm.       Kernel: 3.16.0-4-amd64
  :MMMMMMMMMN-      Uptime: up 1 hour, 57 minutes
 .NMMMMMMMMMMM/     Packages: 1223
 yMMMMMMMMMMMMM/    Shell: /bin/bash
`MMMMMMNMMMMMMMN.   DE: XFCE
-MMMMN+ /mMMMMMMy   WM: Openbox
-MMMm`   `dMMMMMM   WM Theme: Bunsen-Blue-Dark
`MMN.     .NMMMMM.  Theme: Bunsen [GTK2/3]
 hMy       yMMMMM`  Icons: Vibrancy-Dark-Blue [GTK2/3]
 -Mo       +MMMMN   CPU: AMD E1-2100 APU (2) @ 1.0GHz
  /o       +MMMMs   GPU: AMD KabiniRadeon HD 8210
           +MMMN`   Memory: 1088MB / 3320MB
           hMMM:     
          `NMM/                             
          +MN:                           
          mh.        
         -/

It relies on checking the XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP variable instead of probing for the active window manager. It doesn't work on my dwm setup too (XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP is set to KDE because I use their GUI applications and icon theme).


Wahllos schlägt das Schicksal zu / heute ich und morgen du.

Offline

#6 2016-05-12 06:35:51

dyl
New Member
Registered: 2016-05-12
Posts: 4

Re: BL support now available in upstream screenfetch

Hello, author of neofetch here.

Can you guys please open issues on github about the detection problems?

Also, the only reason I found this thread is because I did a google search for 'neofetch' and stumbled accross it multiple pages in. (I do a search weekly) I can't fix these issues if I don't know they exist.

Thanks

Offline

#7 2016-05-12 06:39:00

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 9,280
Website

Re: BL support now available in upstream screenfetch

dyl wrote:

Hello, author of neofetch here.

Can you guys please open issues on github about the detection problems?

Thanks

@madorami, more your department than mine.

Offline

#8 2016-05-12 06:45:24

Head_on_a_Stick
Member
From: London
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 8,759
Website

Re: BL support now available in upstream screenfetch

dyl wrote:

Hello, author of neofetch here.

Can you guys please open issues on github about the detection problems?

Hello dyl smile

I don't think there are any issues here with neofetch -- BunsenLabs does indeed declare itself to be an XFCE desktop in order to aid consistency in respect of theming and a few other things.

@twoion uses a custom dwm desktop with Qt environmental variables exported, is coverage of such extreme corner-cases worthwhile?

I have an issue with Alpine Linux whereby the "Packages:" number is listed as zero (see  https://www.scrot.moe/image/ItbA) but I haven't had time to look into it yet.

I will open an issue if I can't provide a diff to fix it wink


“Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes.” — Ovid, Metamorphoses, VIII., 18.

Forum Rules   •   How to report a problem   •   Software that rocks

Offline

#9 2016-05-12 06:53:28

dyl
New Member
Registered: 2016-05-12
Posts: 4

Re: BL support now available in upstream screenfetch

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

I don't think there are any issues here with neofetch -- BunsenLabs does indeed declare itself to be an XFCE desktop in order to aid consistency in respect of theming and a few other things.

@twoion uses a custom dwm desktop with Qt environmental variables exported, is coverage of such extreme corner-cases worthwhile?

If he's spoofing his current desktop to KDE then you're right, I don't see this as an issue. The neofetch config file can also easily be edited to leave out this information and you can even launch neofetch with 'neofetch --disable de' for a custom alias or etc.

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

I have an issue with Alpine Linux whereby the "Packages:" number is listed as zero (see  https://www.scrot.moe/image/ItbA) but I haven't had time to look into it yet.

I will open an issue if I can't provide a diff to fix it wink

Have you tried the latest git master? I made some large changes to the package count function which should've fixed all 0 package count errors.

Edit: Thanks for the quick replies!

Last edited by dyl (2016-05-12 06:54:10)

Offline

#10 2016-05-12 06:59:47

Head_on_a_Stick
Member
From: London
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 8,759
Website

Re: BL support now available in upstream screenfetch

dyl wrote:

Have you tried the latest git master?

I installed it from git about a week ago, I'll try a fresh pull tonight -- thanks!
smile


“Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes.” — Ovid, Metamorphoses, VIII., 18.

Forum Rules   •   How to report a problem   •   Software that rocks

Offline

#11 2016-05-12 07:07:30

Head_on_a_Stick
Member
From: London
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 8,759
Website

Re: BL support now available in upstream screenfetch

I wrote:

I'll try a fresh pull tonight

Tried it now -- latest git pull works:

 empty@alpine
 ------------
 OS: Alpine Linux x86_64
 Kernel: 4.4.8-2-grsec
 Uptime: up 48 min
 Packages: 713
 Shell: /bin/zsh
 Resolution: 1280x800
 WM: bspwm
 Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3]
 Icons: Faba-Mono-Dark [GTK2/3]
 CPU: Intel Core i5 M 520 (4) @ 2.4GHz
 Memory: 433MB / 3750MB

Thank you!

Dear me, what a bloated system I have...
sad


“Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes.” — Ovid, Metamorphoses, VIII., 18.

Forum Rules   •   How to report a problem   •   Software that rocks

Offline

#12 2016-05-12 07:23:42

dyl
New Member
Registered: 2016-05-12
Posts: 4

Re: BL support now available in upstream screenfetch

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
I wrote:

I'll try a fresh pull tonight

Tried it now -- latest git pull works:
Thank you!

Glad to hear that it works!

Thanks for testing.

Offline

#13 2016-05-12 13:10:12

twoion
ほやほや
Registered: 2015-08-10
Posts: 2,675

Re: BL support now available in upstream screenfetch

screenfetch is packaged.

neofetch is gonna follow soon.

@dyl: what is that procps-ng dependency which neofetch has? There is no -ng in jessie. Doesn't just procps suffice?


Wahllos schlägt das Schicksal zu / heute ich und morgen du.

Offline

#14 2016-05-12 13:45:22

dyl
New Member
Registered: 2016-05-12
Posts: 4

Re: BL support now available in upstream screenfetch

twoion wrote:

screenfetch is packaged.

neofetch is gonna follow soon.

@dyl: what is that procps-ng dependency which neofetch has? There is no -ng in jessie. Doesn't just procps suffice?

procps / procps-ng is the package that provides the 'uptime' command, I noticed in my testing of various distros that some didn't have it installed by default. You're right with the '-ng' part,
I'll update the Readme now.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB