You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-29 17:54:37

photonucleon
Thursday

My atomically-oriented username seems to be right at home in the labs!

Yo yo yo what's up homeslices?

photonucleon here, English, 19, male, bearded, bit geeky, love reading, languages, music. I spend my time studying geeky things, languages, music. Also love science. Quarks!

My journey to the Laboratories of Bunsen began back when #! Statler was the OS to be using. At the time, I only installed it in passing during a distrohop, but it made a lasting impression, and shortly after Waldorf appeared on the scene, #! became the primary distro that I used on a daily basis. #! (and the wonderful people on the #! forums) taught me most of what I know about Linux, so I was both very sad to hear of its ending, and very happy to hear of the beginnings of BunsenLabs!

And so, here I am, arriving at the BL forums, already seeing many familiar faces, and (re)introducing myself to the BL community. I'm currently running BL on a brand new SSD in my old-enough-to-have-come-with-windows-vista laptop.

Yay!

Last edited by photonucleon (2015-09-29 17:55:16)

The servant lifted off a kind of ottoman a long peacock-blue drapery, rather of the nature of a domino, on the front of which was emblazoned a large golden sun, and which was splashed here and there with flaming stars and crescents. “You’re to be dressed as Thursday, sir,” said the valet somewhat affably.

#2 2015-09-29 18:05:47

Sector11
The Tpyo Knig Mod

Re: My atomically-oriented username seems to be right at home in the labs!

Hey there photonucleon, hope you don't collide with another photonucleon ... Oh wait that CERN.

Welcome to BLF.

BunsenLabs Forum Rules ---== I'm a Conky 1.9'er ==---
System:    Host: d67 Kernel: 4.9.0-9-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 6.3.0)
Desktop: Openbox 3.6.1 Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)

#3 2015-09-29 18:11:28

hhh
Meep!
Website

Yo yo yo!

#4 2015-09-29 18:26:31

C#Coder4ever
BL Keyboard Troll

You got an SSD? Was it all you hoped for? ( the answer better be yes devil ) monkey

Peripheral, SBC, and router addict lmao
Keeb & SSD Discussions | GitLab

#5 2015-09-29 18:37:00

photonucleon
Thursday

C#Coder4ever wrote:

You got an SSD? Was it all you hoped for? ( the answer better be yes devil ) monkey

Let's just say that booting from the grub screen takes about 5 seconds on a slow day... The whole POST/splash screen/grub/boot to login screen process takes about 12-13 seconds. I am very happy with this! big_smile

The servant lifted off a kind of ottoman a long peacock-blue drapery, rather of the nature of a domino, on the front of which was emblazoned a large golden sun, and which was splashed here and there with flaming stars and crescents. “You’re to be dressed as Thursday, sir,” said the valet somewhat affably.

Board footer