You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-04 14:55:42

zip
Website

Supporting bunsenlabs

Hello,
Congrats on rc1.
My only tiny feedback question so far is, why do default /home/user directories now use capital letters?
"Downloads" as opposed to "downloads" back in the #! days. I found keeping the directory names lower case a nice detail. I guess its good for people who use other distros that use capital letters.

Anyways, I would be glad to throw a few $ towards bunsenlabs, is there a way to do this?

#2 2015-10-04 15:01:10

twoion
ほやほや

Re: Supporting bunsenlabs

That's determined by the XDG configuration system and not a choice of ours. The default paths to 'special-purpose' directories are uppercase and locale-specific.

You may change the paths using the xdg-user-dirs utility and/or edit the defaults in /etc/xdg/user-dirs.{defaults,conf}. For more info, see the man page of xdg-user-dirs. Here is a writeup on how to use this tool.
--
We have not set up donations yet.

A silent kite against the blue, blue sky

#3 2015-10-05 05:03:43

johnraff
nullglob
Website

twoion wrote:

The default paths to 'special-purpose' directories are uppercase and locale-specific.

In BL's case, ~/.config/user-dirs.locale contains en_GB, which forces the directory names perhaps?

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog , Japan Links, idle twitterings  and GitStuff )
In case you forget, the rules.

#4 2015-10-05 06:38:57

pvsage
Internal Affairs

^ I'd missed that part before.  Is en_GB the Debian default (and by "default" I mean "what the official Debian Live images use) or was that our (and by "our" I mean "the BunsenLabs development team's") choice?

Be excellent to each other, and...party on, dudes!
BunsenLabs Forum Rules
Tending and defending the Flame since 2009

#5 2015-10-05 09:07:02

johnraff
nullglob
Website

^It's the BL default, inherited from #!, and condoned by yours truly. en_US would be fine too - I don't think the folder names would change.

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog , Japan Links, idle twitterings  and GitStuff )
In case you forget, the rules.

Board footer