You are not logged in.

#6981 2022-05-22 10:14:55

glittersloth
buena piñata
Registered: 2015-09-30
Posts: 1,412

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Offline

#6982 2022-05-23 06:00:41

johnraff
nullglob
From: Nagoya, Japan
Registered: 2015-09-09
Posts: 8,959
Website

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Knockout beautiful Brazilian music by Edu Lobo with Airto Moreira, Hermeto Pascoal, Claudio Slow and Jose Mariono:
1969 album Cantiga de Longe.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=O … IcUAsQgWtI


...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

Online

#6983 2022-05-24 14:12:33

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 547

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Free - Highway

The title track of a very underrated album IMO;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQGRDNYk_Gs

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2022-05-29 19:38:33)

Offline

#6984 2022-06-01 13:26:30

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 547

Re: What are you listening to right now?

A King Crimson improvisation called "A Voyage To The Centre Of The Cosmos;"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq44z5nUcjo

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2022-06-01 13:47:16)

Offline

#6985 2022-06-03 11:57:05

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 547

Re: What are you listening to right now?

More King Crimson - the Lizard suite (Prince Rupert Awakes/Bolero/The Battle of Glass Tears/Big Top).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XjIJi79O80

Crimson are probably better known now for their heavier, more discordant stuff but they were capable of some pretty tunes as well and there are several on this track.

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2022-06-03 12:05:17)

Offline

#6986 2022-06-08 08:10:48

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 547

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Something a bit different; Gorecki Symphony No 3, with the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra and (interestingly) Beth Gibbons from Portishead as the soprano. Must admit I was sceptical at first but she does a pretty decent job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoaEEVMrL-g

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2022-06-08 08:11:29)

Offline

#6987 2022-06-08 10:41:40

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 547

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Colonel Panic wrote:

Something a bit different; Gorecki Symphony No 3, with the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra and (interestingly) Beth Gibbons from Portishead as the soprano. Must admit I was sceptical at first but she does a pretty decent job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoaEEVMrL-g

I'm listening to the all-Polish version now (Zofia Kilanowicz as soprano), and I think I prefer it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXMhdkc91so

It's a great piece of music IMO but it's definitely one that divides opinion; it's not one you play at a party (unless you want the guests to go home). For me, I think I've got to be in the right mood to listen to it.

Offline

#6988 2022-06-13 06:19:16

glittersloth
buena piñata
Registered: 2015-09-30
Posts: 1,412

Re: What are you listening to right now?

https://ra.co/podcast/836 (download link)

Last edited by glittersloth (2022-06-13 12:21:46)

Offline

#6989 2022-06-15 12:20:53

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 547

Re: What are you listening to right now?

More minimalist classical music.

Arvo Pärt - Salve Regina;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1CNNf9iU9Y

Offline

#6990 2022-06-15 22:06:45

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 547

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Gorecki No 1. Not for me really;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5OpY2vf1yQ

In addition then, the deeply wonderful Andante from Brahms's Concerto No 2;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTd4FioK_RM

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2022-06-15 23:05:16)

Offline

#6991 2022-06-16 20:38:57

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 547

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Fifty years ago today, this classic was released;

David Bowie - The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou8uLo3Ke6U

Not even going to try to pick a track from it, it's all great. Ramos Mares Fernando lists the timestamps for all the tracks, about three lines down from the comments;

RAMOS MARES FERNANDO

4 months ago

Timestamps

0:00 Five Years
4:42 Soul Love
8:16 Moonage Daydream
12:56 Starman
17:06 It Ain’t That Easy
20:04 Lady Stardust
23:26 Star
26:13 Hang On to Yourself
28:53 Ziggy Stardust
32:06 Suffragette City
35:31 Rock ‘n’ Roll Suicide

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2022-06-16 20:39:27)

Offline

#6992 2022-06-16 21:28:04

Martin
Member
From: Stockholm, Sweden
Registered: 2015-10-01
Posts: 639
Website

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Colonel Panic wrote:
Colonel Panic wrote:

Something a bit different; Gorecki Symphony No 3, with the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra and (interestingly) Beth Gibbons from Portishead as the soprano. Must admit I was sceptical at first but she does a pretty decent job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoaEEVMrL-g

I'm listening to the all-Polish version now (Zofia Kilanowicz as soprano), and I think I prefer it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXMhdkc91so

This very version was played by Swedish radio quite regularly when the recording was new. Symphony No. 4 is very different. Rhythmical, edgy, noisy

/Martin


"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth by hitting back."
Piet Hein

Offline

#6993 2022-06-16 21:38:16

Martin
Member
From: Stockholm, Sweden
Registered: 2015-10-01
Posts: 639
Website

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Colonel Panic wrote:

More minimalist classical music.

Arvo Pärt - Salve Regina;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1CNNf9iU9Y

I am OK with anything Pärt :-)
Great choir. Another great choir from that side of the Baltic is the choir of the Latvian Radio. I have heard them live in Stockholm several times. My current favorite CD with them, despite sub standard sound quality, is called On Photography.

If you like this you may also like music by Ukrainian composer Valentin Silverstrov.

/Martin


"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth by hitting back."
Piet Hein

Offline

#6994 2022-06-16 21:54:10

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 547

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Thanks for replying Martin. If you like Arvo Pärt, here's a work by a similar composer, Joep Franssens's "Harmony Of The Spheres;"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLkmMEEiNBk

I'll have a look at Silverstrov later.

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2022-06-16 21:54:59)

Offline

#6995 2022-06-17 15:48:42

Martin
Member
From: Stockholm, Sweden
Registered: 2015-10-01
Posts: 639
Website

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Colonel Panic wrote:

Thanks for replying Martin. If you like Arvo Pärt, here's a work by a similar composer, Joep Franssens's "Harmony Of The Spheres;"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLkmMEEiNBk

I'll have a look at Silverstrov later.

Thanks.

There is more to Pärt than etheric choir music. Tabula Rasa, Fratres and his 3:rd symphony come to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcinEEnul6M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTSsdcMBBCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjyQYwLNCNA

/Martin


"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth by hitting back."
Piet Hein

Offline

#6996 2022-06-17 18:47:26

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 547

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Martin wrote:
Colonel Panic wrote:

Thanks for replying Martin. If you like Arvo Pärt, here's a work by a similar composer, Joep Franssens's "Harmony Of The Spheres;"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLkmMEEiNBk

I'll have a look at Silverstrov later.

Thanks.

There is more to Pärt than etheric choir music. Tabula Rasa, Fratres and his 3:rd symphony come to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcinEEnul6M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTSsdcMBBCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjyQYwLNCNA

/Martin

Yes, I've got a collection of his work somewhere on a couple of CDs. "Spiegel Im Spiegel" gets a lot of airplay on classical radio stations here.

Offline

#6997 2022-06-20 08:44:03

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 547

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Led Zeppelin - That's The Way. Pretty sure I've posted it here before but it's a great track;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlgTzjZhR80

Offline

#6998 2022-06-20 13:02:46

ratcheer
Member
From: USA
Registered: 2015-10-05
Posts: 401

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Old school ZZ Top - hard blues rock with all the stops let out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db94lyKYOcg

Offline

#6999 2022-06-23 11:56:41

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 547

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Harry Nilsson - can't spell it without looking it up but it's his (IMO underrated) 1977 album;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thkYk3ir8Lk

(Knnillssonn. I was being lazy, or maybe the hot weather is an excuse.)

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2022-06-23 15:16:47)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB